Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    Being on a forum where a number of members post considerably more on Covid and political threads than they do about Charlton. 

The club are the reason this forum exists. 
  • Options
    People watching their ipads, phone etc at a gig.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Being on a forum where a number of members post considerably more on Covid and political threads than they do about Charlton. 

The club are the reason this forum exists. 
    I see it the same as when you (used to be able to) go down the pub to watch football with your mates, yeah you talk about the football, but you have a chat about everything else too.
  • Options
    In my case it’s because I know sod all about football...
    +1 for that!
    Rarely get a score or team prediction right!
  • Options
    +1 I remember leaving my comments on a post match thread or players marks many years ago and getting called a “back to front” in reply I’ve never felt the need to comment on it since. The nearest I get to giving my opinion on a football thread is the prediction threads. 
  • Options
    In my case it’s because I know sod all about football...
    I know that mate  ;)
  • Options
    I can just about get my head around the fact that there is a channel streaming Chistmas movies every day of the year, but Christmas Movies +1, how could there possibly be any demand for such a thing?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I can just about get my head around the fact that there is a channel streaming Chistmas movies every day of the year, but Christmas Movies +1, how could there possibly be any demand for such a thing?
    Superb!

This belongs on an Observational Comedy thread.

Cheesy Wotsits?  What's all that about?

If you like cheese .. why not just have ... cheese? 

The 'wotsit' bit (and what's all that about anyway?) ... it's not important.  Gets in the way of a good cheese.

*dreams of a full O2 at £30 a head*
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Because theres people out there watching these films everyday.
    My WIFE being one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    You missed the start of the film?
  • Options
    The fact that a lot of people who say ‘live and let live’ or ‘you do you and I’ll do me’ are often the first people to jump on someone for doing something or living in a way they either don’t like or don’t understand. Hypocrites and double standards spring to mind.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    You missed the start of the film?
    You'd be a great heckler at an observational comedy event at the O2.
  • Options
    Why @SporadicAddick isnt called Sporaddick
  • Options
    Why weather girls appear to be pregnant about 80% of the time
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Why weather girls appear to be pregnant about 80% of the time
    Because they know when it will be raining outside so are already prepared for what to do with their day!! 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Why @SporadicAddick isnt called Sporaddick
    That's so true, and much better!
  • Options
    Low calorie energy drinks. What?
  • Options
    Genuinely confused about my opinion of Andy Burnham,  apart from generally bored with the amount of airtime he gets. One time I see him and I think he's brilliant and I think how good it must be to be represented by a mayor or mp as concerned for his constituents as he is. Next time I see him I'm thinking, oh shut up you're just looking for things to whinge about now. And so it goes backwards and forwards; good Burnham, bad Burnham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Genuinely confused about my opinion of Andy Burnham,  apart from generally bored with the amount of airtime he gets. One time I see him and I think he's brilliant and I think how good it must be to be represented by a mayor or mp as concerned for his constituents as he is. Next time I see him I'm thinking, oh shut up you're just looking for things to whinge about now. And so it goes backwards and forwards; good Burnham, bad Burnham. 
    #metoo.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    How football functioned before the press (sometimes high, sometimes not) and the false 9.

Also, terminology that appears from nowhere and is adopted as if its always been said. Two great examples above...
  • Options
    False 9 has existed in Football, since the 1930's. Mattihias Sindelar played it for Austria. The great Hungarian Team of the 1950's used it too.

Pressing Football was part of Holland's Total football of the 1970's but almost certainly came out of ice hockey or basketball (Full court press) earlier than that
  • Options
    False 9 has existed in Football, since the 1930's. Mattihias Sindelar played it for Austria. The great Hungarian Team of the 1950's used it too.

Pressing Football was part of Holland's Total football of the 1970's but almost certainly came out of ice hockey or basketball (Full court press) earlier than that

The principles / tactics may have been used but not the terminology?? 

I played football from 1982 until 2003, at a slightly above average standard, took my FA prelim badge, and went home and away with Charlton from mid 80's to early 90's and I can honestly say that in all that time I never once heard either phrase. 

Maybe I just missed it...

• Options
    Why car makers - eg Ford - are promoting and selling features such as keyless entry, keyless start and using your mobile to  lock/unlock a car instead of using the key.   Using a key isnt an issue that needs to be resolved ! Surely using a mobile to lock a car is harder work to do than just using the key as you have to be logged in to the manufacturers App.  In this case does appear to be using tech simply for the sake of it rather than using it to make things better.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Why car makers - eg Ford - are promoting and selling features such as keyless entry, keyless start and using your mobile to  lock/unlock a car instead of using the key.   Using a key isnt an issue that needs to be resolved ! Surely using a mobile to lock a car is harder work to do than just using the key as you have to be logged in to the manufacturers App.  In this case does appear to be using tech simply for the sake of it rather than using it to make things better.

Most people already carry their phone with them, so you wouldn’t need to have the extra item re a key. Also, security wise, you’d require thumb print or face recognition to use the car via your phone. Whereas if you lost/had stolen your car key, your car could be taken.
  • Options

Most people already carry their phone with them, so you wouldn’t need to have the extra item re a key. Also, security wise, you’d require thumb print or face recognition to use the car via your phone. Whereas if you lost/had stolen your car key, your car could be taken.
    Also they can log every time you lock/unlock your car in addition to the info they keep about your speed, late-braking, cornering and how much the bodies in the boot weigh. 
    It all gets sent straight back to Bill Gates don’t you know...
  • Options

Phone batteries need to be more reliable to make it truly viable, but I agree keys for homes and cars will soon be a thing of the past. 

Biometric identification (eye or thumb scan, you'd need at least eye due to changing thumbrints with even a paper cut rendering them useless) would be a good solution and could be built into the car doors, resolving the need for a phone. 
  • Options

Tbf the local car thieves absolutely love keyless entry, it's made their lives far easier.
  • Options
    Why do I keep seeing little piles of CO2 syphon capsules when I'm out and about? I can't help but think it's some teenage thing, but I really don't know what. I'm sure they're not all getting busy with their fizzy Soda Streams so what are they doing, have they found a way of sniffing the gas, are they using that pent up pressure to facilitate some high speed buggary or is there a more innocent explanation?