Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    When pubs have their handpumps behind the bar under the optics. If they aren't right on the barfront I'm left scratching my head in a wha'happened moment.
  • Options
    How so may old threads can get bumped on here without me having seen them. I spend half my life here, how can I have missed so many?
  • Options
    People today on the tube in coats? What is it with the British public and clinging onto the coat until the bitter end of spring going into summer. They don't need them. I understand the odd day in the summer where the temperature drops but not today.
  • Options
    Ex-smokers who take up the habit again.
  • Options
    Drivers at roundabouts who don't go when they should and give way to anybody on there left when there's nothing coming to their right. This is confusing because you yourself are giving way to them on the right and it'd be sod's law you end up having a crash due to them dithering and eventually going and of course you being liable for not giving way to them.

The number of times i've ended up at a standstill at a roundabout with all 3 or 4 junctions filled all because somebody doesn't know it's give way to the right not the left!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

People today on the tube in coats? What is it with the British public and clinging onto the coat until the bitter end of spring going into summer. They don't need them. I understand the odd day in the summer where the temperature drops but not today.

Guilty as charged Cabbles.
    When I was an engineer working in the city, ramming my wallet, loose change, pen, large bunch of keys, small screwdriver, pliers and other stuff in my trousers was uncomfortable to say the least - not to mention it looked a bit uncool. I tried other options - man bag, bumbag etc. but was terrified of losing the lot in one go.
    In the end I settled on being hot but looking cool. (read irritated, stressed, sweaty a*s*d engineer).
  • Options

Drivers at roundabouts who don't go when they should and give way to anybody on there left when there's nothing coming to their right. This is confusing because you yourself are giving way to them on the right and it'd be sod's law you end up having a crash due to them dithering and eventually going and of course you being liable for not giving way to them.

The number of times i've ended up at a standstill at a roundabout with all 3 or 4 junctions filled all because somebody doesn't know it's give way to the right not the left!

Think I might be the only person in Lewisham who knows how to use a roundabout. See this all the time.
  • Options
    <
    cabbles said:

Now come on cabbles, you know as well as I do that by 1.30 this afternoon it could be lashing with rain and about 5 degrees - it is Britain after all... :smile:
  • Options
    Order a home delivery curry and you get free poppadums. (not complaining!)
    Have poppadums in the restaurant and they're extra.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Guilty as charged Cabbles.
    When I was an engineer working in the city, ramming my wallet, loose change, pen, large bunch of keys, small screwdriver, pliers and other stuff in my trousers was uncomfortable to say the least - not to mention it looked a bit uncool. I tried other options - man bag, bumbag etc. but was terrified of losing the lot in one go.
    In the end I settled on being hot but looking cool. (read irritated, stressed, sweaty a*s*d engineer).
    Practically I see the benefit. I couldn't see any engineers on my journey though, just hot uncomfortable white collar workers. However I have a man bag though, not sure whether that makes me worst. So for today I'm just wearing my david beckham pants, my man bag and my shoes

<

cabbles said:

Now come on cabbles, you know as well as I do that by 1.30 this afternoon it could be lashing with rain and about 5 degrees - it is Britain after all... :smile:
    This is also true. It is just that they are also contributing to the general level of heat with their additional clothing. Perhaps I should've put this on the general things that annoy you thread. Upon reflection I actually got quite worked up about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Each time someone is stabbed in a school the first thing the media reports is that everyone is having counselling.

Not saying nobody should have counselling, just confused as to why that's the newsworthy thing.
  • Options

Arsenal-supporting mates

Fixed
  • Options
    When people say they are getting engaged on a certain date. No you're not, as soon as you've made the decision to get engaged you are engaged. You can't temporarily unmake the decision whilst you lose two stone, save up for a ring and organise a piss up. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Why with most computer fonts an upper case i is shorter than a lower case L
  • Options
    Stig said:

When people say they are getting engaged on a certain date. No you're not, as soon as you've made the decision to get engaged you are engaged. You can't temporarily unmake the decision whilst you lose two stone, save up for a ring and organise a piss up. Ridiculous.

The Mrs messing you about?
    IA said:

I'll I'll. Looks pretty sImIlar, think its so we can distinguish between the 'I' and 'L's, the confusing bastards
  • Options
    ads said:

Stig said:

The Mrs messing you about?
    IA said:

I'll I'll. Looks pretty sImIlar, think its so we can distinguish between the 'I' and 'L's, the confusing bastards
    Even there I can see the difference in height and because I'm used to it know which is which. It makes sense that they would be a different height, I just don't understand why the upper case letter would be the shorter one
  • Options
    Just try to compose sentences sans the two characters that cause you that concern.
  • Options

Just try to compose sentences sans the two characters that cause you that concern.

Nicely Done!

Very Good!
  • Options
  • Options
    this forum today.

there's too much happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alpecin caffeine shampoo. German engineering for your hair. WTF is that all about?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    It stops you getting Herr Flick.
  • Options
    The 'PC Brigade' throw their toys out of the pram when one refers to the 'chairman' of an organisation rather than describing an item of furniture namely a 'chair.'

The rationale for this apparently being that the second syllable 'man' is demeaning and excluding to females.

Why then do we refer to a 'woman' and 'women?'

Surely, applying the same logic, the descriptive terms for singular and plural should be 'wo' and 'wos'.

On reflection, given the grief, hassle and aggravation many of them are capable of giving, particularly if non- pc language is used, perhaps the plural should be 'woes!'
  • Options
    Woperson?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The 'PC Brigade' throw their toys out of the pram when one refers to the 'chairman' of an organisation rather than describing an item of furniture namely a 'chair.'

The rationale for this apparently being that the second syllable 'man' is demeaning and excluding to females.

Why then do we refer to a 'woman' and 'women?'

Surely, applying the same logic, the descriptive terms for singular and plural should be 'wo' and 'wos'.

On reflection, given the grief, hassle and aggravation many of them are capable of giving, particularly if non- pc language is used, perhaps the plural should be 'woes!'

Do they really? Can't say ive noticed.
  • Options
    The fact that every vehicle on the road have mirrors... Yet Bicycles which also have to be ridden in the road dont?
  • Options
    The apparent popularity of Purple Rain.

Dull, dirgy song.
  • Options
    When there's a new thing invented, who, in France, decides if its a 'le' or 'la'. Make my piss boil with confusion that does ffs