Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Please you

Comments

• Out with the family for a meal tonight and my MIL told me that as I’m such a fan, she’s  going to give me The Beatles autographs she got back in the day when her friend baby sat Julian Lennon. Honestly didn’t know what to say, am already thinking about the picture I’ll get to frame them up with.
    I would say this about your mil

She loves you, yeah ,yeah,yeah!
    She hasn't seen the picture yet!
  • Nicola Benedetti
  • edited July 23
    In the cockpit or are you wing walking?

Hats off if you're doing the latter.
  • Just booked a flight in a Tiger moth flying out of Duxford, can't wait.
    We can add David Gower to our celebrity fan list then. Who knew?
  • Out with the family for a meal tonight and my MIL told me that as I’m such a fan, she’s  going to give me The Beatles autographs she got back in the day when her friend baby sat Julian Lennon. Honestly didn’t know what to say, am already thinking about the picture I’ll get after i've flogged them on ebay.

Have a great time, I flew in one when I was in New Zealand many years ago now
  • I know this is not really the thing to post here but I did enjoy watching taking a brick to the gonads.

https://x.com/Xcellent78/status/1818414760582377689

Instant Karma, one to head and one to the bollocks. I nearly spurted my tea out watching that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know this is not really the thing to post here but I did enjoy watching taking a brick to the gonads.

Instant Karma, one to head and one to the bollocks. I nearly spurted my tea out watching that.
    By "friendly fire" too - ha ha ha... 

I think he is proof that we all can be famous for 15 minutes. He'll take that one to his old age, if he has one. I doubt even his closest of brain dead mates will ever let him forget it.
  • despite the fact that the rioters were outsiders shipped in and not members of the "community", there seemed to be a few scouse accents in that clip.

I think he is proof that we all can be famous for 15 minutes. He'll take that one to his old age, if he has one. I doubt even his closest of brain dead mates will ever let him forget it.
    He had probably told his mates, he was giving it large to the police, and they batoned him and then everyone saw what really happened.

Hope he was named and shamed all over social media

• MrOneLung said:
    I know this is not really the thing to post here but I did enjoy watching taking a brick to the gonads.

He had probably told his mates, he was giving it large to the police, and they batoned him and then everyone saw what really happened.

He’s been arrested and charged with a few things. 
  • Gonna stick it in an ISA and forget about it - 

Fucking Ryanair.  Cheapskate.

• MrOneLung said:
    I know this is not really the thing to post here but I did enjoy watching taking a brick to the gonads.

He’s been arrested and charged with a few things. 
    Criminal damage.  But they can fix the brick.
  • After 2 years of severe foot pain, finally finding the right person to take my plight seriously and agree that an operation was required. Just awaiting a date for the operation and hopefully being able to walk more than 2,500 steps a day, being pain free and getting fit to be able to go for longer more interesting walks.
    My achilles tendonitis after getting worse and worse over the last 3 years (I was really getting depressed about how it was affecting my mobility) just decided to start getting better - almost back to 100% now.
  • After 2 years of severe foot pain, finally finding the right person to take my plight seriously and agree that an operation was required. Just awaiting a date for the operation and hopefully being able to walk more than 2,500 steps a day, being pain free and getting fit to be able to go for longer more interesting walks.
    My achilles tendonitis after getting worse and worse over the last 3 years (I was really getting depressed about how it was affecting my mobility) just decided to start getting better - almost back to 100% now.
    Mines arthritis within the big toe joint, they reckon the only cure is to stop the toe from bending and thus stop the swelling and pain. So got to have a metal plate inserted over the joint and screwed into place. This will be the third operation and if the consultant is to be believed will sort it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was suffering from severe knee pain which was restricting my walking, went to a Chiropodist on a different issue and he said "I see you have fallen arches in your feet, are you getting knee pain?". He recommended shoe insoles for plantar facilitis and hey presto, much less pain.
  • edited August 5
    Oxygen.

Edit: Water

Oh, and farting.
    I think this is something I’ve got, walking downstairs some days & it feels like I’m going to tear my Achilles Tendon, obviously I’m a bloke so never get it checked, much like the chest pains I get fairly regularly 😳
    I have limped for 3 months, then had a 4 month break and am now coming out of another 3 months of limping.  At worse it was awful - not particularly painful - but something in both knee and ankle not working - mobility wise a disaster.  I agreed with my doctor two months ago that I'd have blood tests before deciding on a course of action.  Unfortunately I am still awaiting the blood test due to some Russian gangsters. 

In the meanwhile I was checking out Youtube and this bloke makes a lot of sense.  He reckons a majority of older clients suffer from tight calf muscles.  This causes the knee to be dragged down and the ankle up.  The tests he recommends point to a problem in the soleus in my case.  I try to do the exercises he demonstrates and even bought the massage gun he recommended (using his link gives a discount btw).  Anyway things are improving thankfully, but if that is because of this video or they are repairing themselves I can't say. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDg31eveZNc&t=30s

Mines arthritis within the big toe joint, they reckon the only cure is to stop the toe from bending and thus stop the swelling and pain. So got to have a metal plate inserted over the joint and screwed into place. This will be the third operation and if the consultant is to be believed will sort it.
    Ouch I really hope that fixes it.  I started to think I was never going to be able to go for long walks or run again.  I couldn't even speed up crossing a road or to catch a bus.
    I have limped for 3 months, then had a 4 month break and am now coming out of another 3 months of limping.  At worse it was awful - not particularly painful - but something in both knee and ankle not working - mobility wise a disaster.  I agreed with my doctor two months ago that I'd have blood tests before deciding on a course of action.  Unfortunately I am still awaiting the blood test due to some Russian gangsters. 

In the meanwhile I was checking out Youtube and this bloke makes a lot of sense.  He reckons a majority of older clients suffer from tight calf muscles.  This causes the knee to be dragged down and the ankle up.  The tests he recommends point to a problem in the soleus in my case.  I try to do the exercises he demonstrates and even bought the massage gun he recommended (using his link gives a discount btw).  Anyway things are improving thankfully, but if that is because of this video or they are repairing themselves I can't say. 

I'll try that - the physio said I had very tight calf muscles so I've been doing self massage but don't really know what I'm doing.

The extent to which this sort of stuff affects your mental health was a bit of an eye-opener for me and determined me to stay fit and healthy as long as I can (ie drink less, exercise more and treat my body as what it is, 64 years old rather than expect it to function the way it did when I was 24!).

I'll try that - the physio said I had very tight calf muscles so I've been doing self massage but don't really know what I'm doing.

The extent to which this sort of stuff affects your mental health was a bit of an eye-opener for me and determined me to stay fit and healthy as long as I can (ie drink less, exercise more and treat my body as what it is, 64 years old rather than expect it to function the way it did when I was 24!).
    Its the drink less is the problem I’m having 🥸
  • edited August 6
    Stats: 60% people between 64-75 have at least one drink of alcohol each day. People who drink regularly, live 42% less in age, than those that drink occasionally.
  • ross1 said:
    Stats: 60% people between 64-75 have at least one drink of alcohol each day. People who drink regularly, live 42% less in age, than those that drink occasionally.
    But if I drink loads now, then reform later on i'm OK, right?
    100% 

you have until you are 64 to do what you want, and not just drink, drugs too.

as long as you reign it in at 64 you’ll be laughing