Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views Charlton v Fulham

bore draw or lucky not to win/loose? do tell

Comments

• Called it
    Dazzler21 said:

1-1 - Guarantee we're still in this league next season.

• Oooh a lovely draw, just like the good old days.
  • Much ado about nothing. Fox MOM.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Called it

Dazzler21 said:

1-1 - Guarantee we're still in this league next season.

*Tears up betting slip*
  • Henderson our best player for me, lots of neat stuff but the game lacked a spark second half. We were just not at it today.
  • They were better than us across the board. Watt, Gudmunsson, Fox and Henderson apart.
  • Game really came to life in the first 30mins and we could easily have been ahead by a few goals... Second Half, Fulham got a lot tighter in Defence and could have gone ahead by a few goals themselves so draw was probably a fair result tonight.

In terms of our best player would have to give it to Henderson for making some superb saves, Gudmundsson could have had a hat trick but was wasteful before fading 2nd Half.

Parker got the suspected abuse but dont know what was said from the bloke in the Lower North as Parker seemed really pissed off over it and was demanding that the fan come down and say it to his face... In terms of his play the guy can still do it
  • Unfortunately, the flip flops and beach towels are in the dressing room. Don,t bother turning up for the next 5 games, got a feeling the old Curbishly April shut down has arrived, and the team won,t be turning up either.
  • On the beach, Fulham look rubbish - they're very lucky Blackpool, Millwall & Wigan are in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Draw about right result. Can't believe Johan missed what was almost a carbon copy of his first but can't blame him as he played well. Parker was a shadow of his former self. Shame he didn't get a second yellow and get sent off. Also would love to know what was said to him from NL. Can't believe he retailated. After what he did I reckon he got off lightly yet he still acted like an idiot.
  • Lucky to get away with a point. Made Fulham look like promotion chasers.
  • Flippin' eck RaplhMilne, and there was me getting all excited about Hillsborough. Don't think I'll bother now.............................. :wink:
  • JaShea99 said:

Also would love to know what was said to him from NL. Can't believe he retailated. After what he did I reckon he got off lightly yet he still acted like an idiot.

What happened?
  • Just having a quiet pint in the champagne bar at liv St with a Fulham mate

As I predicted they bossed it, Parker was superb, lots of small intricate passes but on another level to our lot

I punched the air at the final score

As an aside I thought our support post Scum was good and as I have just told my mate I would hate to be a Fulham fan - 2200 tops and probably only 300 who stood and were up for it
  • Uboat said:

JaShea99 said:

Also would love to know what was said to him from NL. Can't believe he retailated. After what he did I reckon he got off lightly yet he still acted like an idiot.

What happened?
    I don't know, all I saw was the shouting.
  • edited April 2015
    Fox crunched him and the ball down by the NE corner and the ref gave them a fk. While he was picking himself up he just started mouthing off to someone in the crowd. Somebody obviously had just wished him a pleasant evening but it got him very wound up. Kept on and on he did. Tosser.
  • Strange game. Both teams played well in small batches but there were a lot of dull passages, balls booted out of play and sky'ed shots.

Fox did well as did Hendo. Gomez might have been at fault for the first with TBH but would have to see it again.

We might have got lucky with our goal as Bulot looked offside but didn't touch the ball. I would be moaning it it had been the team.

Bulot looked dangerous on the rare occasions the ball reached him.

Watt and Igor don't look as fit/sharp as they have been.

The players Fulham have they shouldn't be struggling but they are.
  • Sorry but they were there for the taking.
    Poor start by us but we then dominated the game following their goal until half time.
    Don't like the Johnson and Ben Haim combination. Too similar and one paced.
    Should have wrapped the game up by half time. Vetokele's performances are a concern and he looks permanently knackered.
    I don't think anyone played at more than a 7 and nobody below a 6.
    Fulham were tidy in midfield without a real cutting edge and started to hit the ball high to Smith regularly.
    Parker showed glimpses of what he has but made a few unforced errors.
    Should have walked about with three points easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    Good end-2-end game. Gudmundson flashes of class and Bulot always looked dangerous. Watt bit selfish on occasions but at other times passes when you want him to go on... I'm sure he can only can only get better with experience. Vetokele needs to practice, practice, practice on his first touch. Some suicidal defending at times - and there are times, in front of goal, when they need to just clear it! Fox is improving with every game but Gomez decision making bit suspect at times. Think on the whole draw was fair. Fulham better than their league position.
  • Thanks for the reports guys.

Time to turn off CL as I'm in a club in Turkey ... It seemed the better place to be than The Valley tonight!
  • Pretty average game really. Thought Fulham just shaded it. Parker bossed the midfield, always looking for the ball even if some of the passes were league 2. Took the opportunity to watch the match from my seat for next season in Q Block of the West Upper so that has to be the highlight of the night for me. Great view ...
  • End of season type of game and I quite enjoyed not being overly stressed about the outcome, glad the goal was controversial, was it offside? I feel closure for that ridiculous throw in/free kick caper all those years ago that cost us points when we were playing for our premiership lives.

#nevermoveon
  • Ok game, draw probably fair.
  • Poor defending by both sides - we need more pace in defence. Our final ball was lacking especially from Watt who seems to follow a blinding piece of skill with a dreadful pass.
    Abuse of Parker was tedious
    Draw a fair result.
  • Just having a quiet pint in the champagne bar at liv St with a Fulham mate

As I predicted they bossed it, Parker was superb, lots of small intricate passes but on another level to our lot

I punched the air at the final score

As an aside I thought our support post Scum was good and as I have just told my mate I would hate to be a Fulham fan - 2200 tops and probably only 300 who stood and were up for it

@Southendaddick 1,620 Fools
  • I thought Fulham looked alright, definitely better than relegation stragglers. I suspect they play well when Parker does, and he'll always be up for it against us. We both had chances to win so I'd say 1-1 is fair.