Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Masters 2015

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Great performance from Spieth

quite interested to know what everybody thought of the commentaries ...i think Paul Azinger is going to be a great summariser
  • Options
    lolwray said:

quite interested to know what everybody thought of the commentaries ...i think Paul Azinger is going to be a great summariser

I don't think Peter Alliss would agree. Azinger kept Interupting Alliss and you could sense the old boy getting quite annoyed.
    For me Azinger was too loud and shouty, prefer Wayne Grady.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

lolwray said:

I don't think Peter Alliss would agree. Azinger kept Interupting Alliss and you could sense the old boy getting quite annoyed.
    For me Azinger was too loud and shouty, prefer Wayne Grady.
    i suppose Alliss is now referred to as the "doyen" but hes inclined to drop a few clangers theses days ,i found Azinger quite perceptive ...i do like Wayne Grady though ,there s a hint of Benaud about his style

• Options
    I was really happy for Tiger, he needed that regardless of opinions of Tiger the man, tiger the golfer was immense, all those thinking it was printing money won't be so quick to discount him in the future me including
  • Options

the masters is a great event

Can't help but fear we will see the end of Tiger this week, reckon this is more like a boxer having one last fight to see if it's over

Rory for me

Really glad this was wrong
  • Options
    Well done young Jordan. After a bad Cheltenham and Grand National betting wise at last my bank balance gets a much-needed boost. The first of many majors I predict.
  • Options
    Thank you Jordan for holding your nerve and thank you corals for the free inplay bet that I reinvested in him
  • Options
    Spieth played some great golf but he also rode his luck. Every time he was in the trees on the right, which was fairly often for a major winner, he always had a shot. Whenever my ball goes into the trees there is always a tree in front of it.

He is a top player but I do find the way he shouts at his ball all the time while its in the air mildly irritating. I don't remember the likes of Jack Nicklaus doing that.

The above is sour grapes as I was certain Spieth would win but didn't pile on at 9/1 which I thought was not generous enough for an event like the Masters! More fool me...
  • Options
    Alliss couldn't accept this kid will be a legend and too often was negative about Speith. He knows more than me, but my prediction, this boy Speith is something else and will be a legend up there with Nicklaus, Woods and Mcilroy.
  • Options
    Mcilroy still has work to do to be in the same sentence as woods and Nicklaus as legend imo, not saying he wont but no just yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mcilroy still has work to do to be in the same sentence as woods and Nicklaus as legend imo, not saying he wont but no just yet.

Agree, my error. Player, Palmer and Watson ahead of him at the moment. Golf is in good hands though. The old master Woods now coming back to fight out Majors with the young guns is very exciting. I thought Speith was magnificent at Augusta, can't wait to watch him again.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Agree, my error. Player, Palmer and Watson ahead of him at the moment. Golf is in good hands though. The old master Woods now coming back to fight out Majors with the young guns is very exciting. I thought Speith was magnificent at Augusta, can't wait to watch him again.
    Agree, I enjoy watching every tournament at the moment, used to just be the Open and Augusta, so so many decent players at the moment.
  • Options
    Speith is a great player but he also had a worldly putting week. He was never really in trouble.

Let's see how he does at the U.S. open and St Andrews this year - I certainly won't be backing him at the likely odds he will be.
  • Options

Speith is a great player but he also had a worldly putting week. He was never really in trouble.

Let's see how he does at the U.S. open and St Andrews this year - I certainly won't be backing him at the likely odds he will be.

I backed Rose at Augusta. However, I know Garcia will eventually win one at 50-1. However, players like Speith are making this more and more unlikely. Also was comparing Speith with Raheem Sterling as 2 young sportsman. No comparison at all really. Golfers are still gentlemen who play by the rules and show respect to other players. Just wish I could play the bloody game.
  • Options
    Jordan Spieth in the Heritage - 74 yesterday, 62 today!
  • Options
    Must admit I've found a few of spieth's post victory interviews a little odd. All "we" and "team" and yaddering on about his mental coach his physical coach his this that and the other coach. That's the modern game I suppose but how I yearn for the Torrances and Woosnams of this world knocking it round and then going for a pint or five. I'm getting old.