Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Masters 2015

Comments

• Some of them 1st rounds groups are just fricking unreal.

Best 4 days of sport in the Calendar IMO.
  • edited April 2015
    Interesting piece by Ken Brown tonight about how the course is set up to suit lefties and lefties have a very good recent record at Augusta.
  • Can't believe how different Tiger has been. He has even been signing autographs!
    Backed him after seeing him on the range and in practice this week.
  • My money has gone on to Reed and Fowler.
  • LenGlover said:

Just got a sneaky feeling Justin Rose might do something....

I reckon he might tee off....(:
  • Riviera said:

Interesting piece by Ken Brown tonight about how the course is set up to suit lefties and lefties have a very good recent record at Augusta.

Ken Brown and interesting don't go together. Tiger used to play with a draw but with with the ever growing spring-like effect of club on ball has meant that draw is difficult to control. As such he's matured with a slight fade in his swing, as most players have. He's then lost a little advantage at Augusta whilst the 'better' technology has favoured the left handers more. The course has never been set up for them. Brown is a charlatan.
  • Rose -3 after 8
    Poulter -2 after 9
  • Riviera said:

Won six of last twelve.

None of first 66 though...
  • Riviera said:

Well if he doesn't get in to Downing St, Red Ed should give Augusta a crack.
  • Clubhouse leader Hoffman -5

Rose -4

Typical Poults, -2 after 5, +2 after 12
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    Poulter hasn't got the patients or temperament for Augusta.
  • Why is there no blanket TV coverage of this, I'm assuming the yanks don't bother as surely sky would be all over this picking up their feed as they do, even now it's not 'live' as they wait for the US to begin their coverage
  • I'm sure I've asked this before Eltham, very frustrating the live coverage only starting from 8pm
  • Why is there no blanket TV coverage of this, I'm assuming the yanks don't bother as surely sky would be all over this picking up their feed as they do, even now it's not 'live' as they wait for the US to begin their coverage

Because Augusta, like Golf itself, has its traditions and one of them is no blanket Masters coverage. It helps that Augusta doesn't need the money either.
  • Plus AFKA in 30 rounds at Augusta he has only shot 1 round under 70
  • Rose finished -5 and is current joint leader

Paul Casey als started well -4 after 15
  • Sorry AFKA that last message was meant to go yesterday in response to Henrik Stenson,i don't know what happened but me and technology don't go together!
  • I worked it out mate!

Decided not to have a bet in the end. Love the Masters but remember I was on Adam Scott last year and didn't really enjoy the action as i was more focused on winning some money.
  • Like I'm getting excited about my 55/1 Paul Casey bet now plus 11/2 for him to be top English player too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Got Ricky Fowler e/w outright and to be leader after round 1 e/w.
  • Good bet slarti
  • Looks good at the moment kk, got to wait for the old fat lady though!
  • Looks good at the moment kk, got to wait for the old fat lady though!

Is Monty playing them :-)

• The good old fat lady
  • Bizarrely whilst they were showing some pre-recorded stories you could watch the live action by pressing the red button on Sky.

Got e/w bets on Bubba, Spieth, Mickleson, Rose & Fowler.

And Tiger not to make the cut.

Loved Nicklaus' comment on Woods after the winners dinner "he's a very very complex and unusual young man". Sure Tiger will thank him for that :)
  • Fowlers shit the bed. 3 bogeys in the last 4 holes.
  • edited April 2015
    Spieth is totally unreal atm, great to have Els in amongst it
  • Everything Spieth touches is coming off, even his wayward drives are finding grass. That shot that hit the pin was outrageous!
  • I just can't have Spieth winning it.Yes there is no doubting his talent but to me he has got temperament issues when it gets down to it.