Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Of The Year Vote 2015

Comments

• And yet once again Henderson was the stand out player today 3/4 world class saves
  • Colin you could volunteer to take votes, or suss out a better more modern system if you like.
  • I stood outside the North Stand entrance from 6.30 until 7.40 and collected many hundreds of votes. Sorry if Colin did not see me. I was shouting at the top of my voice to vote for POTY. Sorry if Colin Did not hear me either. I will be there again for an hour or so before the Leeds game and may do a tap dance and a spot of juggling as well to attract his attention.

hold a sign up saying Colin I am here
  • edited April 2015
    Nice to see you again Fanny, I voted for Cousins, and after about 10 minutes wished I'd voted for Henderdon, then JBG, then Ben Haim, haven't got a clue what I'm doing, but Cousins looked streets ahead, no signs of Nicola Sturgeon.
  • Can I vote for Scott Parker?
  • On the board that the bloke was holding outside the shop has Gudmundsson with by far the most votes.
  • Nice to meet you Fanny. Voted for Hendo in the end.
  • edited April 2015
    Scoham said:

Cousins has been in the team all season, most of it playing out of position. On running and effort he'd win it, but not convinced he should be POTY. He's been reliable but maybe a few more goals and assists would have made the difference, or some more stand out performances for me.

JBG easily the best "highlights player", but he's had a lot of quiet games. Best attacking midfielder in a while though, at least quiet is probably better than inconsistent. While he can be quiet other wingers we've had would be regularly giving the ball or a foul away.

Earlier in the season I'd have said Ben Haim, had been very consistent as a defender and showed quality on the ball. Not sure he's kept that form up all season.

I'm thinking probably Henderson now, has been good all season and he really makes a difference when he does play.

I've changed my mind from Ben Haim to Henderson. This is so accurate (as always).

I do think Cousins is probably getting some votes because "he's one of our own". Although, I have no issue if he wins, as he's one of the front runners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson's injury cost him and probably us. Had he not been out, I expect he would be hot favourite and we would be nearer the play offs.

Sounds like a reason to give it to him imo.
    All players get injuries, I don't see why it should disqualify them from POTY, however long they're out.
    It's what they do when they play that counts imo
    Fair point
  • My son said JBG so JBG it is.
  • Voted Cousins, partly due to the bloke behind me constantly slagging him off!
  • Nice to meet you Fanny. Voted for Hendo in the end.

And you, Sillybilly.

• Fanny. You got my vote.
  • Henderson all the way for me, season was falling apart when he weren't playing and when he is we do great, can't be a coincidence, made some outstanding saves too and as a result saved a lot of games, best goal keeper we've had in years and deserves recognition, plus we'd better blooming keep him!
  • I voted for Cousins then immediately wondered if I should have voted for Henderson. Maybe I'll square it up at the Leeds game.
  • edited April 2015
    Seems as though Joe Gomez ISNT as young as we thought he was.... http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/young-player-of-the-year-to-be-selected-by-valley-gold-members-2386086.aspx

Still just 177, Gomez has now made 21 appearances for the first team this season. He has capably deputised for Chris Solly at right-back when needed and more recently played at his original academy position of centre back. He has also represented his country at U19 level annd played for the victorious England side in the UEFA European U17 Championship where he was named in the team of the tournament.

Its amazing that Joe is still playing aged 177 but we need to keep it quiet as he shouldnt have been part of the England U17 setup last summer...
  • edited April 2015
    177 and hasn't finished growing either, wait 'till he fills out (in 2081).
  • Sponsored links:

• What is his relationship to Methuselah?
  • Saturday will be your last chance to vote. We will be collecting votes outside the Valley from 1.30pm up till kick off so make sure you do not miss out.
  • let's hope they're easier to find than at the fulham game or indeed at all last year,where poyet got 1 less vote.
  • We can't come and find you. You will have to look for us. Several thousand people voted last year and we will be clearly visible outside the ground so it is up to you......
  • well,i'll have another look saturday.are they undercover like the programme sellers.psst!wanna vote mate?
  • Easily found three people collecting votes outside the Ground against Fulham... All shouting that you can vote for the Player of the Year with them
  • I've never seen anyone collecting POTY votes for about 5-10 years.
    I'm not complaining though, as I wouldn't volunteer to do it.
  • nor me.what was wrong with a season ticket voucher?
  • Easily found three people collecting votes outside the Ground against Fulham... All shouting that you can vote for the Player of the Year with them

And NO-ONE shouts louder than Fanny.