Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Of The Year Vote 2015

Comments

• edited April 2015
    JBG is more likely to go missing because of his position, is unheard of for a winger to be on it every game unless they are Ronaldo especially in an average team for this level. In the awful start to Luzon's reign it was him keeping us in games with free kicks and that goal against Boro. I know Cousins isn't a left midfielder and its not his fault, but quite a few people wanted him out the team at that stage when he was being played there. Cousins has been good and I am definitely looking forward to him getting a full season at CM next year but for this year, its definitely Johann for me who is the best player we've had in quite a while.

• 2013/14 supporters gifted Diego Poyet the accolade despite the lad not even playing half the season. Michael Morrison clearly our strongest and most consistent performer but we gave what should be a prized possession to a passing fancy.

I don't see Jordan Cousins as one of our best performers 2014/15 not at home at any rate. JC still no left foot despite being left out their most of the season. Too lightweight for central midfield. Still learning his craft so therefore way off player of the year material.
    Berg Gudmundsson far more effective with more goals though like Cousins played on the wrong wing. Tal Ben Haim re-organised the defence being excellent on the ball though a couple of first half season errors cost points not helping Bob Peeters cause.

• Atletico Addick
    Cousins, we'd be bang in trouble without him. Ever present and doesn't go missing in games. He really is a key piece of the jigsaw at the moment. True midfielder.

Wellwickman
    Lost count of the games Cousins has been missing in in-action. Jordan is pacy, sometimes good at running with the ball but still has no left peg, weak aerially and despite being a regular been lucky to retain his position.
    As stated previously Cousins is currently lightweight for a more central role hence Peeters and Luzon's continued usage on the left.

• edited April 2015
    Tbh, I think it should be TBH. If TBH was "one of our own", he'd win. He was outstanding for the first 5 months of the season ans has only had a couple of poor games since. He's had many more top games than Cousins (although Cousins was being played out of position).

So, Ben Haim for me, but I expect those short memoried, one of our own lovers to vote Cousins :smile:

Henderson, would also be up there, as he has been virtually faut less this season. However. he has missed a lot of games, unlike the two above.

Gudmundsson has scored some great goals, but there's been a lot of games, where he's done very little.
  • I've been toying around with JBG, Jordan or Hendo but despite him personally being a little unlucky yesterday I'm really leaning towards Hendo.
  • @wellwickman JBG has been playing on his preferred wing all season. It suits his qualities far more when he can cut inside and play angled passes as well as rifle long distance shots.

Playing on the left wing, he'd have to use pace and trickery to beat his man to the byline. I don't think he is particularly gifted in these areas and would likely be null as a threat.
  • Think I will wait till the Leeds game but I already know my vote wont be worth it this year, I have seen a load of people say they will vote for Cousins.

Cousins WILL NOT get my vote, he has been excellent since February(when Luzon moved him to CM) but that is 2 months the previous 6 months he was no exist, no fault of his own he was just played out of position, just think some people will forget his first 6 months because he is from the academy.

on that Basis I cant vote for Watt either because he only joined late,

Henderson had a massive spell out injured, Vetokele lost form

I am currently between 3 consistent players:
    JBG
    TBH
    Solly

Going back on this and my vote on Tuesday will go to Hendo

may have spent a spell out injured, but his return coincided with our good run starting, and when he has played has always been one of the best players on the pitch.
  • edited April 2015
    Hats off to all the organisers and volunteers for getting this done. I often wonder how legitimate the vote is. After all, there is nothing to stop someone going to every volunteer at both games and casting loads of votes for their particular favourite. And there will always be the odd drunken piss taker who will shout "Church". Most years it's a forgone conclusion but not this time. Personally I'm between Cousins, Watt and TBH but there has been no stand out.
  • edited April 2015
    1.Cousins
    2.Henderson
    3.Ben Haim.

Gomez for young player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coquelin
  • Here's some player stats for the season so far:

Played in most games: Cousins 39, Buyens 35, Gudmundsson 35, Vetokele 35
    Played most full games: Ben Haim 33, Solly 32, Cousins 31
    Most goals scored: Vetokele 11, Gudmundsson 8, Buyens 7
    Most goals scored per game: Vetokele 0.31, Watt 0.25, Gudmundsson 0.23, Eagles 0.22
    Played in most wins: Buyens 13, Cousins 13, Henderson 12, Fox 11
    Highest percentage of wins: Eagles 67%, Johnson 67%, Diarra 67%, Lepoint 67%
    Points from matches played in: Cousins 54, Buyens 53, Henderson 44, Gudmundsson 43
    Points per match played in: Lepoint 2.17, Eagles 2, Johnson 2, Diarra 2, Henderson 1.76
    Goal difference from matches played in: Henderson +11, Johnson +9, Eagles +7, Diarra +5, Fox +5
    Goal difference per game: Johnson +1, Diarra +0.83, Eagles +0.78, Lepoint +0.67, Henderson +0.44

And there's plenty more here:

https://staddickstics.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/player-performance-2014-15-to-date/
  • I think it's between Cousins and Henderson based on this. I was very surprised that Watt's figures didn't look better.
  • Some on here have described Henderson as the best keeper we've had since Kiely.

The stats seem to back that up.

Last season Poyet won after playing very few games. But Henderson "can't" win it because of injury.

Some people's hypocrisy holds no bounds.

I was vacilating between JBG and Cousins. But on recent form, and the stats above, (plus the fact he has also worn the armband on a few occasions as well) I shall be voting for Henderson.
  • Henderson is creeping up in my thinking I have to say. Purely because of the effect when he came back that showed just how important he is.
  • Is it sold out
  • looks likes it a hung vote---SNP are saying they will vote for Cousins if we give them lots of stuff
  • fatrob said:

Is it sold out

If you mean the dinner, fatrob, there are still some tickets left but I'd buy them quickly if you're interested in attending.

• Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

cafctom said:

Gudmundsson.

If Cousins wins it then I think the fact that he is an academy product will be a major factor. Isn't that good IMO.

If Cousins wins it will be because he has been the player of the year in most supporters eyes and bugger all to do with the fact that he is an academy product and quite frankly I resent your attempt to cheapen his candidature.

For me he has been the stand out player and without him we would have been in serious trouble. He did an excellent job out on the left - in particular covering our left backs, and has run the show in midfield when he has played there.

Others have played well, but not with the consistency and sheer effort that he has.
    Quite frankly I don't care.

I have a lot of admiration for Cousins' effort and willingness to get his head down and get on with a job. Technically I don't think he offers that much.

I prefer to vote for those who have provided quality rather than just pure effort. For me Gudmundsson is a million miles ahead of Cousins in that respect.
  • Cousins has been in the team all season, most of it playing out of position. On running and effort he'd win it, but not convinced he should be POTY. He's been reliable but maybe a few more goals and assists would have made the difference, or some more stand out performances for me.

JBG easily the best "highlights player", but he's had a lot of quiet games. Best attacking midfielder in a while though, at least quiet is probably better than inconsistent. While he can be quiet other wingers we've had would be regularly giving the ball or a foul away.

Earlier in the season I'd have said Ben Haim, had been very consistent as a defender and showed quality on the ball. Not sure he's kept that form up all season.

I'm thinking probably Henderson now, has been good all season and he really makes a difference when he does play.
  • I always seem to agree with your analysis Scoham.
    It's like me, with brains :smiley:
  • Churchinio - Because he's got an exotic name.....
  • My shortlist is Henderson, Cousins and JBG. I personally think Cousins edges it. Henderson's injury cost him and probably us. Had he not been out, I expect he would be hot favourite and we would be nearer the play offs.
  • Henderson's injury cost him and probably us. Had he not been out, I expect he would be hot favourite and we would be nearer the play offs.

Sounds like a reason to give it to him imo.
    All players get injuries, I don't see why it should disqualify them from POTY, however long they're out.
    It's what they do when they play that counts imo
  • I did wonder if he had played enough, but Poyet won it with 20 appearances last season (all starts). Henderson's on 25 with 6 games to go.
  • Henderson all day long for me. Never had a bad game, even against Millwall.
  • Cousins was a long way in front on the lady's clipboard outside the West stand this eve
  • Cousins was a long way in front on the lady's clipboard outside the West stand this eve

Hmm interesting as the bloke outside the East Stand had a clipboard where Gudmundsson was walking it