Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article with Ms Meire in today's SLP

124»

Comments

• Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

As the Belinda Carlisle song goes...."We dream the same dream we want the same thing"

Sometimes you wonder
    Yep, that is the beauty of football as it is all about opinion.

I would have the Belgians out tomorrow but they are here to stay so hopefully they will be a success, that is all I want for Charlton.....like us all.
    Be careful what you wish for!
    There is that to it, but nothing lasts forever!
    Not even love!
  • Fumbluff said:

I'm sure there was a whole @sadiejane1981 thread about mending fences. Sigh

Missed that one.
  • could someone copy the article onto here please

Finally got round to buying the SLP. I am posting the interview for all those across the globe and country who do not have access to buy the SLP. Hopefully the interview will help inform discussion on the thread as well. It is likely worth a visit to the SLP website over the next few days to get a more legible version.
  • razil said:

Weather's luvley in Barbados..

Could have had pink sand in Bermuda!

• thanks vff
  • No great revelation on plans or firm indications on how the squad / team will look at the start of next season.

It makes me wonder how the season ticket sales are going. It is a lot more difficult to build support and maintain it. It is much easier to lose that support. Maybe the season ticket sales and attendances have been disappointing. Many long term supporters got royally fed up with the way things were going this season. Once people reach that stage it is not easy for people to forget. The low attendances and season ticket sales are probably a reflection of this.

There may be a significant amount of season ticket holders holding back on a purchase to wait and see what the squad looks like with how many of the best of the current squad are in place. This is a direct result of Jan 14 transfers in and only starting with one recognised striker upfront at the beginning of this season.

The out of contract players have made a positive effect but as mentioned above, there could be a suspicion that this is just a short term cheap fix (to ensure the club avoided a relegation fight and to head off a potential rebellion).

The lack of communication / poor communication from the start of Duchatelet's ownership and supporters hasn't helped things. This was not unhappy supporters, Trust or G21's fault. There is no boycott but supporters looking for evidence that the team will be competitive. That is not something that anyone can take for granted. Time will tell.

The SLP interview is overall a positive one and Katrien Meire is clearly a likeable and smart person. It is good that KM is well aware that Charlton is no club without supporters. Lets hope the promise of work on bringing the support together in the Summer happens.
  • Katrien Meire is indeed likeable, and very smart, but although she is learning fast there are areas in which she still lacks experience, experience that can only come with time.
    However as we approach the season ticket deadline, and the close season ebbs and flows, I am intrigued as to what may be the meaning of 'building as better future together', especially the 'together' bit. At the moment I am not sure what degree or type of synergy between club and support there is going to be.
    Thanks vff for posting the article.
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

As the Belinda Carlisle song goes...."We dream the same dream we want the same thing"

Sometimes you wonder
    Yep, that is the beauty of football as it is all about opinion.

I would have the Belgians out tomorrow but they are here to stay so hopefully they will be a success, that is all I want for Charlton.....like us all.
    Be careful what you wish for!
    There is that to it, but nothing lasts forever!
    Not even love!
    Where is the cry button?!
  • vff said:

could someone copy the article onto here please

Finally got round to buying the SLP. I am posting the interview for all those across the globe and country who do not have access to buy the SLP. Hopefully the interview will help inform discussion on the thread as well. It is likely worth a visit to the SLP website over the next few days to get a more legible version.
    A good read, thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

could someone copy the article onto here please

Thanks for that VFF.
    A good read, and it is crystal clear that Team Belgium are aware of fans concerns and their own "mistakes" to date and are prepared to address them, in their own way.
    The big test will come this summer; when any fragile entente will either be solidified or busted apart depending on what is done with the squad and recruitment.
    I'm sitting on the fence with, I hope, an open mind.
    But I have already renewed my season ticket, having been minded to not bother, solely on the basis of the football delivered by Luzon's team once he had got them all on board

• Thanks for posting, VFF. A positive article and it looks and feels like there is potential for working together in a more positive way going forward.