Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article with Ms Meire in today's SLP

Comments

• Nor sure Steve Clarke will thank you for that.

Just perhaps he was hoping to play the "I'm the new guy so let's move on from the many mistakes made both sides in the past and work on rebuilding some trust and a constructive relationship".

Less chance of that happening now IMHO.

A real shame.

Less chance of KM speaking to Steve Clarke because someone who is not Steve Clarke has posted something on CL? If that is the case she really does play the victim to extremes!
    Since both both SC and Rick were part of the G21 and now Rick is seemingly criticising KM for not having as much experience as SC and for not being brave enough to speak to SC it is hardly going to help it.

The olive branch is offered and is then promptly thrown in the dirt.

As I said I doubt Steve will find it helpful as it is yet another hurdle for him to overcome.

Which as I said is a real shame as I hoped and still hope there could be a reconciliation but that means both sides giving the other some credit.

Instead we've had suggestions that KM is playing the victim, should go back to being a lawyer and is hiding behind excuses.

Yes, that will encourage her to open the "meaningful dialogue" that I, and supposedly others, want, won't it.

Just perhaps he was hoping to play the "I'm the new guy so let's move on from the many mistakes made both sides in the past and work on rebuilding some trust and a constructive relationship".

A real shame.

Less chance of KM speaking to Steve Clarke because someone who is not Steve Clarke has posted something on CL? If that is the case she really does play the victim to extremes!
    Since both both SC and Rick were part of the G21 and now Rick is seemingly criticising KM for not having as much experience as SC and for not being brave enough to speak to SC it is hardly going to help it.

As I said I doubt Steve will find it helpful as it is yet another hurdle for him to overcome.

Which as I said is a real shame as I hoped and still hope there could be a reconciliation but that means both sides giving the other some credit.

Instead we've had suggestions that KM is playing the victim, should go back to being a lawyer and is hiding behind excuses.

Yes, that will encourage her to open the "meaningful dialogue" that I, and supposedly others, want, won't it.
    So she won't engage with the Trust because the chair of the Trust knows a bloke who is not part of the Trust and said something she might not like, and she might not speak to the Trust cause I have said she is playing a victim even though I am nothing to do with the trust board? I am not a fan but still think I may give her more credit than you if you think she is that thin skinned! Apart from anything else, I think RD is probably pulling her strings to get out there and build bridges anyway.
  • Come on guys, behave. None of this crap will help.

It's Meires' fault!

A real shame.

So she won't engage with the Trust because the chair of the Trust knows a bloke who is not part of the Trust and said something she might not like, and she might not speak to the Trust cause I have said she is playing a victim even though I am nothing to do with the trust board? I am not a fan but still think I may give her more credit than you if you think she is that thin skinned! Apart from anything else, I think RD is probably pulling her strings to get out there and build bridges anyway.
    "Pulling her strings", there is a punchline methinks.

So true.

So true.
    100% agree
    The relationship between the club and the Trust leadership does not need to be negotiated in public. I could say more, a lot,lot more but it won't help in any way. People either want the supporters Trust working with the club or they don't.

As someone who has negotiated a relationship between club and supporters Trust I can state it's not simple and you can't please all the people all of the time. I seem to recall we came in for dogs abuse from some but perhaps they lacked the understanding or vision to see what we were doing.
  • Sponsored links:

A real shame.

Well, they definitely met at last Thursday's FF meeting , where Steve was present representing the Trust.

And were talking seriously together when the rest of us took our leave.

I heard this on Friday, and good to hear a reliable source confirm it !

• could someone copy the article onto here please
  • edited April 2015

Nor sure Steve Clarke will thank you for that.

A real shame.

Well, they definitely met at last Thursday's FF meeting , where Steve was present representing the Trust.

And were talking seriously together when the rest of us took our leave.

So there was a Fans Forum meeting last Thursday? I can't remember that being advertised on here on in the Trust news? Did I miss this?

Will there be any feedback on this? It would be interesting to see what the agenda was?

Is SC on the FF because he's Trust chair? I've not heard anything from him since he's taken on this role - indeed the only article I can remember was when he was 'elected' to the Chair a week before Barnie announced his resignation.

I can't believe the complaints of the owner not willing to talk to the fans, when we've heard feck all from the new Trust Chair.

• PL54 said:

It seems clear she doesn't want to speak to you or any other ex employees, get over it.

I haven't referred to me or anyone who has ever been employed by the club, so as usual your input is wholly irrelevant.
    I thought you said Steve Clarke was a former director of the club ?
  • edited April 2015
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

It seems clear she doesn't want to speak to you or any other ex employees, get over it.

I haven't referred to me or anyone who has ever been employed by the club, so as usual your input is wholly irrelevant.
    Do you not understand that a director is not necessarily an employee? Most members of the Charlton board have not been employees.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Do you not understand that a director is not necessarily an employee?
    You are so clever
  • It doesn't really matter who thinks what at an individual level. The fact is, she is the CEO and her role is to do whatever is best for the club. That means uniting the ship, including the supporters. She shouldn't be able to afford to pick and choose which supporters groups she engages with just because some are more critical of her leadership than others. If we hadn't thrown double-six with Guy Luzon's winning streak, she would be in a very uncomfortable position today. Form is temporary and we have yet to see the end-of-season risk of balancing the books which could mean she has to preside over some very difficult decisions which could mean we take several steps backwards. She should have been big enough to grasp the nettle, listen to another viewpoint and deal with it. I have no doubt that some conciliatory words and some reassurances are all that is required. Her point-blank refusal confirms for some their view that she cannot give any of the reassurances about the club's direction and future and, as a result, we remain in a network model that is designed to generate revenue through players sales or benefit bigger clubs in the network at the expense of any serious ambition and cost to get promoted.

Agree 100%
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015

A real shame.

Good and relevant post. I am not sure what the Trust are doing at the moment but rightly or wrongly they have a rebuilding or building of trust exercise to do with the regime if they wish to have any chance of meeting their objectives.
  • Kap10 said:

A real shame.

Good and relevant post. I am not sure what the tryst are doing at the moment but rightly or wrongly they have a rebuilding or building of trust exercise to do with the regime if they wish to have any chance of meeting their objectives.
    Absolutely.

• I'm sure I read the Trust saying they were going to step back and observe for now. See how things go. Something like that.
  • She shouldn't be able to afford to pick and choose which supporters groups she engages with just because some are more critical of her leadership than others. ......... Her point-blank refusal .

Yet she was talking to the Trust and a large number of other groups only last week as FF states above. It's not her who is "picking and choosing". She has said she wants to speak to all the groups not just one and that is what she is doing.

Steve Clarke attends the FF meeting and gets to speak to her 1-2-1 afterwards and so she's not making a "point blank refusal".

Which just underlines the point made by me and others that friends of Steve and Trust activists, who were so quick to jump on this latest article on this thread, might be better to give SC and KM some space to build a new and better relationship and so repair the damage done before Steve became Chair.

This makes a lot of sense to me .. allow SC and KM to mend the fences

A real shame.

Laughable argument. If she's that feeble she'd better quit now.

And so it goes on.

She is "feeble". She "better quit now"

And we wonder why she isn't rushing to ring you and those that are aligned with you for help and advice.

If you really want a "meaningful dialogue" then you are going about it in a very strange way.

It is almost as if you don't want her to talk to Steve Clarke as that might kill your fox.
    You missed the word 'if' out.

A real shame.

Laughable argument. If she's that feeble she'd better quit now.
    And again, Airman applying for the job via the back door.
  • The thing is that the people on this message board, whatever side of the fence they sit on, care for this club a damn sight more than the b******* running it. They're only in it for the money.

All this tripe from Meire mentioning her support and love blah blah blah of Charlton Athletic, what a load of rubbish. She probably never heard of us until eighteen months ago.

Once she goes you will not see her backside in a seat at The Valley ever again.

Rant over, I'm off to see Elfsborg v Djurgarden.
  • A CEO is an employee like anybody else. They do what they are told to do.

The pre-season target was to stay up and do better than last season.

This has been achieved and the club is moving forward. The ownership is settled and large sums of money have been invested.

It's pointless to keep on going over old ground. It is sad that redundancies had to be made but these things happen.

Look ahead.