Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article with Ms Meire in today's SLP

edited April 2015 in General Charlton
Good interview and a lot of positives to come out of it, including speaking to certain fan groups in the summer.

"I will really try to work with the fans as much as possible. I said before there is a bit of a breach in trust towards certain (fan) groups but we will work on that in the summer and find a way to work together. We need the fans"

So maybe, just maybe she may now decide to have another word with the trust during the summer and hopefully both parties can come to some understanding and we can all move forward.

Comments

• I wonder how season ticket sales are going compared to last season.
  • edited April 2015
    She states she is disappointed in recent attendances. Maybe getting other ideas from fans eg: Fans Forum, Trust, will help with that.
  • Also , RD's master plan is revealed!
  • Sounds encouraging.
  • shirty5 said:

She states she is disappointed in recent attendances. Maybe getting other ideas from fans will help with that.

They have been a bit disappointing, you can understand the drop off after the terrible run and poor football, but over the last few weeks the football has been good, and we've been scoring lots of goals so you would have expected a few more people to come back
  • The reference to 'certain groups' is a bit oblique. Miere and Duchatelet do not appear to take constructive criticism that well. KM should really start to worry when supporters don't care enough to criticise because then supporters are not bothered to renew or turn up.

The admission that mistakes were made by KM (in previous interview) is helpful and that maybe accepting that the strength of the championship was underestimated would be helpful too. Nobody's perfect on all sides and nobody should expect that mistakes are not made. Acknowledging / pointing out where things are not working should not be forbidden. Rome is also not built in one day. Striving to do the best and getting it right is the thing.

It sounds promising though that KM is making positive statements regarding bringing all the supporters together. A bit of good will and lightness (from all) will help that. Together with maintaining and strengthening the playing side and united management, playing and coaching staff and supporter base, Charlton look in a good position next season to push for the top 6 and promotion. If the club moves together, Charlton will be a strong force and difficult to stop.
  • Yes. Any other approach makes no sense. What is a football club without fans.
  • shirty5 said:

Good interview and a lot of positives to come out of it, including speaking to certain fan groups in the summer.

"I will really try to work with the fans as much as possible. I said before there is a bit of a breach in trust towards certain (fan) groups but we will work on that in the summer and find a way to work together. We need the fans"

You have to establish trust before you can breach it.
  • shirty5 said:

She states she is disappointed in recent attendances. Maybe getting other ideas from fans will help with that.

Totally delusional , let's have a go at fans, what about getting the fans on board
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    sammy391 said:

Also , RD's master plan is revealed!

Well that part made no sense!

His plan is to have Charlton running like clockwork within two years. Not much more than that.
  • Club to submit a new planning application for the training ground. Hope to get planning permission around mid July
  • shirty5 said:

sammy391 said:

His plan is to have Charlton running like clockwork within two years. No more said
    Is that a direct quote ? It would be a curious metaphor for someone involved in hi-tech electronics !!
  • shirty5 said:

sammy391 said:

His plan is to have Charlton running like clockwork within two years. No more said
    Is that a direct quote ? It would be a curious metaphor for someone involved in hi-tech electronics !!
    Not a direct quote from M.Roly. Another part of the interview with Ms Meire.
  • Meire should stick to her job as a solicitor, and not moonlighting at Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • I reckon RD has told her to pull her finger out. Fans unhappy with public meetings, crowds dwindling. CEO uninterested in communication. Suddenly she is everywhere. I am 50/50 on renewing. If I don't it will be entirely because of KM.
  • Top post ooh ahh.
  • Top post ooh ahh.

Bang on. Problem is arrogance, so will believe they know better. Roly's got deep pockets but he will cut his cloth accordingly and sell more players, almost inevitably.
  • edited April 2015
    Anyone got a link or can publish on here for those that cant get the SLP please?
  • Sponsored links:

• It seems apparent that if here is a drop off in attendances and season ticket sales, it won't be because of any fan organised action or boycott, mainly because fans are not organising in that way.
    If there is a drop off, and if the regime are concerned about that, it might be prudent to try to find out why, and then take possible action if it is possible to do so.
  • Seriously it'll take a lot of effort to get fans through the gates
    Not just a few wins , which of course helps and will prolly stop some drifting away
    Our crowds are going down
    And it'll take more experienced people than a couple of chic advertising geeks and a charming yet inexperienced chief executive from Belgium to help arrest this slide

Don't bite your nose to spite your face get the gurus and brainpower who helped turn this dull South London clubs crowds around in the 90's because as you're gonna find out the hard way , it doesn't just happen

Gurus and Brainpower?
  • PL54 said:

Seriously it'll take a lot of effort to get fans through the gates
    Not just a few wins , which of course helps and will prolly stop some drifting away
    Our crowds are going down
    And it'll take more experienced people than a couple of chic advertising geeks and a charming yet inexperienced chief executive from Belgium to help arrest this slide

Don't bite your nose to spite your face get the gurus and brainpower who helped turn this dull South London clubs crowds around in the 90's because as you're gonna find out the hard way , it doesn't just happen

Gurus and Brainpower?
    Stop fishing ...
  • shirty5 said:

Not a helpful comment, if KM is offering an olive branch.
  • i bought my season ticket the other day - but i must admit for the first time i didn't want to! and not because of the football etc.. i just don't feel good about giving the club my money to be told "we don't care what you think"

anyway we will see how it pans out! Rolland is going nowhere we know this - but i think Meire may get the boot in the summer if things don't progress.

all this giggling and antics only smooth over the cracks! it wont stop the subsidence!
  • edited April 2015

shirty5 said:

Not a helpful comment, if KM is offering an olive branch.
    I really meant this: the inference appears to be that she trusted said groups and they breached that trust. This is cobblers, as far as I can see.

If you take, for example, the current chair of the trust, she has spent 12 months refusing to engage with him, using a variety of excuses - the priority bring her personal fight against relegation, the need to do everything through the fans' forum, now apparently it is what some other bloke said on a train or what some other bloke shouted out in the street. Or perhaps daring to put on a public meeting that she couldn't control?

Yet she has never met Steve Clarke, who actually has more experience as a director of the club - and certainly a more extensive knowledge of it - than she does. So she has never established any trust to breach. She has simply hidden behind a stream of nonsensical excuses and continues to do so.

I suspect that what she really means is that she won't speak to anyone who criticises her or her boss - not breaches trust, but expresses their own opinion.
  • It seems clear she doesn't want to speak to you or any other ex employees, get over it.
  • PL54 said:

It seems clear she doesn't want to speak to you or any other ex employees, get over it.

I haven't referred to me or anyone who has ever been employed by the club, so as usual your input is wholly irrelevant.
  • Nor sure Steve Clarke will thank you for that.

Just perhaps he was hoping to play the "I'm the new guy so let's move on from the many mistakes made both sides in the past and work on rebuilding some trust and a constructive relationship".

Less chance of that happening now IMHO.

A real shame.