Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article with Ms Meire in today's SLP

Comments

• Chunes said:

I watch 'respected' individuals on this board measure their respective penises over their respective approach to club politics and cringe. The amount of ego involved in the Trust saga is unbearable. It's the usual national politics tale retold at club level. Embarrassment.

Welcome to Charlton Life, Sigmund Freud.

"The voice of the intellect is a soft one,it doesn't rest until it has gained a hearing"

• The thing is that the people on this message board, whatever side of the fence they sit on, care for this club a damn sight more than the b******* running it. They're only in it for the money.

All this tripe from Meire mentioning her support and love blah blah blah of Charlton Athletic, what a load of rubbish. She probably never heard of us until eighteen months ago.

Once she goes you will not see her backside in a seat at The Valley ever again.

Rant over, I'm off to see Elfsborg v Djurgarden.

I don't know why M. Duchatelet is "in it" but I'm confident it's not for the money.
  • Cardinal did the Thamsmead Iron invite you to the boat for StGs day ? are you attending ?
  • I tend to agree that it isn't to make money. But the danger is that it isn't to lose money. I might persuade you to use your house for a party, and I'll bring the beers, but when the party finishes you will have the mess to clear up.
  • seth plum said:

I tend to agree that it isn't to make money. But the danger is that it isn't to lose money. I might persuade you to use your house for a party, and I'll bring the beers, but when the party finishes you will have the mess to clear up.

No idea the real figure but £25 million worth of beers !

• After the first two rounds this season, Katrien/ Roland are ahead on points,
    Better players hence why we're top half(just about)
    Academy boys Gomez, Cousins, doing very well and Fox improving after sticky start.
    Katrien has come out fighting and put herself about in the media.

The 3rd round will be played out once the season ends and we know if we're going to improve the squad or lose a couple of our better players ?

Can't see how the squad won't be weaker unless we really get lucky in our shopping at the Bargain end of the market ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nor sure Steve Clarke will thank you for that.

Just perhaps he was hoping to play the "I'm the new guy so let's move on from the many mistakes made both sides in the past and work on rebuilding some trust and a constructive relationship".

Less chance of that happening now IMHO.

A real shame.

Laughable argument. If she's that feeble she'd better quit now.

And so it goes on.

She is "feeble". She "better quit now"

And we wonder why she isn't rushing to ring you and those that are aligned with you for help and advice.

If you really want a "meaningful dialogue" then you are going about it in a very strange way.

It is almost as if you don't want her to talk to Steve Clarke as that might kill your fox.
    Misquoting someone I further your own agenda HI.
  • Cardinal did the Thamsmead Iron invite you to the boat for StGs day ? are you attending ?

No but my mobile is down (grrrrrrrr). Far too busy to take a day off to celebrate the Bard's birthday, but I will raise an evening glass to the Christian Martyr, Georgios.
  • The thing is that the people on this message board, whatever side of the fence they sit on, care for this club a damn sight more than the b******* running it. They're only in it for the money.

All this tripe from Meire mentioning her support and love blah blah blah of Charlton Athletic, what a load of rubbish. She probably never heard of us until eighteen months ago.

Once she goes you will not see her backside in a seat at The Valley ever again.

Rant over, I'm off to see Elfsborg v Djurgarden.

I don't know why M. Duchatelet is "in it" but I'm confident it's not for the money.
    And that could be the burning question.
  • I don't get it with M. Duchatelet , the Premiere league is 'The Promised Land' bundles of money and 2 be honest is not that far away with the 'Network' that he has. Being a business man I honestly thought when he took over this is what he wanted Premiership money. Now I have not got a clue what the guy wants
  • tonka said:

I don't get it with M. Duchatelet , the Premiere league is 'The Promised Land' bundles of money and 2 be honest is not that far away with the 'Network' that he has. Being a business man I honestly thought when he took over this is what he wanted Premiership money. Now I have not got a clue what the guy wants

Try the thread from Katrien Miere at Bromley Addicks, and the account of the meeting on Addicks Championship diary. Seems to me she said what the objectives were then.
  • Weather's luvley in Barbados..
  • Enjoy it raz cracking place been there twice love it do the helicopter trip over the island

On a back to thread note

In all seriousness some of you on here are obsessed with this woman, your critiquing every single word, action, reaction,

Never since the infamous Geordie smiler have I ever seen or read anything like this

If I was afka I'd seriously consider not having any more threads on her as it's not healthy for any of those involved

Some of you need to get something else or someone else to be obsessed with

Millwall?
  • Sponsored links:

• If you hate the trust and its aims why were you on the board?are you a spy for km and rd
  • As the Belinda Carlisle song goes...."We dream the same dream we want the same thing"

• As the Belinda Carlisle song goes...."We dream the same dream we want the same thing"

Sometimes you wonder
  • Kap10 said:

As the Belinda Carlisle song goes...."We dream the same dream we want the same thing"

Sometimes you wonder
    Yep, that is the beauty of football as it is all about opinion.

I would have the Belgians out tomorrow but they are here to stay so hopefully they will be a success, that is all I want for Charlton.....like us all.
  • Kap10 said:

As the Belinda Carlisle song goes...."We dream the same dream we want the same thing"

Sometimes you wonder

I would have the Belgians out tomorrow but they are here to stay so hopefully they will be a success, that is all I want for Charlton.....like us all.
    Be careful what you wish for!
  • "I would have the Belgians out tomorrow".....

Not a very helpful thing to say is it, at this point?
  • limeygent said:

"I would have the Belgians out tomorrow".....

Not a very helpful thing to say is it, at this point?

Don't agree with the comment, but its unlikely to do any damage, if the Belgians don't know that there are some sections of Charlton fans that are anti them then maybe they should be out as I would want owners that are aware of fans feelings.
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Sometimes you wonder

Be careful what you wish for!
    There is that to it, but nothing lasts forever!
  • This management "group" is obviously learning "on the job", but they ARE learning, and it shows. It's time for "fence-mending" I believe.
  • I'm sure there was a whole @sadiejane1981 thread about mending fences. Sigh