Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson joins Rotherham on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options

No, not Parker or Young. Can't remember the exact year but will give you a clue. He's an Aussie Keeper.

Was going to take to go for Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter.
    As we now know it was Andy Petterson,
    Should he now be stripped of his POTY 1997
    and we have a recount.

People complain about Semedo but how did Petterson receive that award ahead of Kinsella and Rufus? Was it all on the back of that save against Palace? Granted, that is the best save I've ever seen
  • Options
    I thought it was just me who thought he wasn't worthy, due to being biased!
  • Options

Gutted i didn't get the chance to say goodbye or thank @CAFCofficial fans properly, your support has been amazing, I thank you sincerely 1/3

— Lawrie Wilson (@Lawrie_Wilson) May 11, 2015
  • Options

Being part of @CAFCofficial and working under Chris Powell was incredible and the club will always have a special place in my heart 2/3

• Options
    Very disappointed. Looks like someone else will be out delivering season tickets this summer.
  • Options

Wishing @CAFCofficial all the best for the future

• Options
    Think that is a clue that Lawrie isn't staying
  • Options

Think that is a clue that Lawrie isn't staying

Tut tut H. When it's on the OS.

• Options
    Seems a great bloke who also served us well.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he can find a side in the Championship. Wish him all the best wherever he rocks up next, as long as it isn't down The Den.
  • Options
    What are the odds on him joining Huddersfield??
  • Options
    Definitely one of the nice guys. Thanks for everything Lawrie. Hope all goes well wherever he goes.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up at Huddersfield with Morrison
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Being part of @CAFCofficial and working under Chris Powell was incredible and the club will always have a special place in my heart 2/3

this bit says a whole lot IMO.

As others say though, an honest pro, his ability was limited but he tried to play the way managers asked.

I reckon he could be seen at a promoted club shortly.
  • Options
    Showed his value to the team in 2013/14 when he was so consistent.
    This season when Solly played most of the games and the emergence of Gomez;
    Lawrie lost his confidence and struggled at Right back and Midfield.

Was Laughed at when i said Simon Francis would do better away from the valley in an attacking Team. But in Lawrie case if he and his Wife don't want to move theirs a certain 1st division London club who train in Bromley, who he'd do a good Job For ! (Sacrilege Sam, How very dare you)

The other option is a move to Huddersfield with a manager who will get the best out of him and Where he can have a good influence in the dressing room.

One of the friendliest players i have spoken to at CAFC.

Good Luck Lawrie.
  • Options
    I was surprised he didn't make more of an impact at Rotherham, when you contrast with Morrison who's been a big success at Birmingham, and were struggling when he joined.
  • Options

Can't really believe we're releasing him. With the prospect of losing Gomez and Gudmundsson, getting rid of a committed player who can cover right midfield and right back seems very short sighted. His confidence was shot under Bob but I reckon we would have been better off if Luzon had worked with him over summer. It's possible Lawrie would have turned down an extension anyway but I'd much rather have had him in the squad. The less player turnover we have the better off we'll be

I don't think RD runs big squads. Players with no real first team prospects and or no sale value will be gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one l dog. Top bloke. Hope he gets a decent contract somewhere next season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Best of luck Lawrie, my POTS for 2013/14.

It's good to know about these things but I wish they were announced by the club officially rather than us just finding out through the players Twitter account, for someone like Lawrie who's been here a few years a couple of sentences thanking him would be the decent thing to do IMHO.

Exactly right. My POTY for 2013/14 too.

• Options
    Sad he has gone. Seems a good character off the field and always gives his best. Reckon he will go to Huddersfield and I reckon he will do well for them
  • Options
    As a 32 year old, he feels well and very fit on a no meat diet.

Interesting. I'll be following his career to see if it does extend his playing days longer than most.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    As a 32 year old, he feels well and very fit on a no meat diet.

Interesting. I'll be following his career to see if it does extend his playing days longer than most.

Sign him up 😉
  • Options
    To be fair, stick a Pork Pie on that vegan meal and it'll be half decent
  • Options
    No photo so I can correctly be the judge.

Disappointing 😜