Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson joins Rotherham on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    After Last season when he was very reliable, Lawrie seemed to lose his confidence after not being a regular any more. My memory this season will be the 3 positions he played at Norwich.
    Right mid, left mid, and right back when Gomez got injured, he did fine in all positions.
    He has had a couple of shockers at home this season but i always tried to support him and wish him well for the future.
    It was great to chat with Lawrie and JJ in Spain where it became clear that Johnny was beginning to lose his inner circle of mates at CAFC, with Hamer and Hughes leaving last season. I wonder if the Wednesdays in Covent Garden still take place ?(New members)

but i'm afraid that's show business.( like no business i know)
  • Options
    Not good enough for us now. Sad but true.
    Good player sometimes, bad player other times, good squad member. Great hair.

Good luck Lawrie, and thanks.
  • Options
    Understand letting him go but where does this leave us in terms of backup for Solly? We can't keep shifting Gomez around like we did with Cousins. The return of Loic Nego...
  • Options
    I think with 8 games to go and us being virtually safe and Wilson's contract up in the summer it looks ok to me.
  • Options

Also means we can drop that bloody "Winter Wonderland" chant - unless it gets recycled for someone else, of course.

Oh Guy Luzon.............
  • Options
    Good luck Lawrie, not worked out for him this season so probably best for both parties and long term I don't think he's a top ten Championship player BUT he was excellent last season and has always given his all and I really wish him well. Never met him but by all accounts he's a likeable bloke too and will always get a clap from me when he returns.
  • Options
    Frozen out by Bob, same as Morro. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Absolutely liked him in the QPR home game last season. Sad to see him go but it's better for him than staying here. Thanks Lawrie and best of luck.

(It seems that Jacko, Morrison and Lawrie are quite close friends but now only Jacko is here. He must feel gutted.)
  • Options
    FFS. If I had a season ticket I would send it back to RD and his Eurohenchmen. And women.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

I think JJ and Wiggins are expected to be back after the international break.

Good luck Lawrie, and make sure you keep Rotherham above Millwall in the table!

I doubt we are going to see much more of Johnny. A few cameo appearances, some benchwarming and he'll be gone in the summer is my guess.

Thanks Lawrie. I enjoyed singing "You used to be shite but now you're alright" at Blackpool at the end of last season as we walloped them 0-3. Good luck at Rotherham, I hope you keep 'em up.
  • Options
    Became one of my favourite players. Good luck lawrie. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • Options
    Decent enough player as backup but I assume not the role he'd like. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Good luck Lawrie. Will be pleased if he does well for Rotherham but I've never felt he was Championship standard.
  • Options
    Nice one Lawrie, anything to get Millwall relegated, all the best.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if that means we are making room (financially) for Bulot or Buyens to join on a permanent?
  • Options
    Sorry to see him leave tbf.
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go and did very well last season. Good move for him though as he'll get games and hopefully a good contract for next season. Good luck Laurie.
  • Options
    No loss what so ever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice guy and did very well for us in patches but fragile and not up the level we aspire to. Thanks Lawrie and good luck wherever you go.
  • Options
    Did well for us and as, theoretically, we have improved a very useful utility player to have around.

I hope we don't live to regret it given Solly's fragile knees and JBG being a bit injury prone too.
  • Options
    Wish him all the best for the future but at his age and time of career he needs regular first team football and he was never going to get that with us at the moment. Hope he does well and gets a decent move out of it in the summer.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Why can't we lend em Watt and Ventokele as well?

From Easter Saturday that's sounds like a good idea. :smile:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    masicat said:

Why can't we lend em Watt and Ventokele as well?

Need to buy VeNtokele first
  • Options
    Rotherham is a shite pit

FACT
  • Options
    He pulled his weight last season and I'll always remember that 3-2 at home against Brighton and his fantastic brace, definitely a turning point in that season.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

No loss what so ever

very magnanimous of you
  • Options
    Had a brief chat with him in the main car park after enjoying some matchday hospitality the other season, a really nice lad. Thanks for the memories and all the best for the future Lawrie.