Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson joins Rotherham on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    that is class.
  • Options
    This doesn't surprise me he was great with the kids at the Christmas party. There were quite a few players there (and not the foreign ones) that give the impression that they weren't interested in talking to the children but Lawrie gave the impression that he was really interested in them. As we had to queue to meet the players and have them sign all manner of crap I saw him talk to half a dozen children.

He is clearly a genuine person.
  • Options
    impressive, well done Lawrie
  • Options
    that is nice to hear but should be the norm not the exception. Well done though Lawrie.
  • Options
    Great stuff, probably not a lot of players that would take their own time to call a fan.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
  • Options
    Lovely thing to do. Really hope he lands a good contract elsewhere in the Championship.
  • Options
    Top guy Lawrie! Well done! Will be sad to see him go
  • Options

that is nice to hear but should be the norm not the exception. Well done though Lawrie.

You would think that, but some twenty or so years ago when we sponsored a player, not only did he not turn up, no member of staff seemed to know why not or even that he was not coming. It was a buffet do back then. When I asked the club why not the next day and expressed how annoyed I was at being the only ones without our player, the club got back to me and said he would meet me after the next home game for a photo. He came out and gave me a real mouthful for daring to ask why he wasn't there. Needless to say, I never asked for his photo!

• Options
    Classy thing to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You would think that, but some twenty or so years ago when we sponsored a player, not only did he not turn up, no member of staff seemed to know why not or even that he was not coming. It was a buffet do back then. When I asked the club why not the next day and expressed how annoyed I was at being the only ones without our player, the club got back to me and said he would meet me after the next home game for a photo. He came out and gave me a real mouthful for daring to ask why he wasn't there. Needless to say, I never asked for his photo!

Name and shame
  • Options
    Gives us a Clue Hants.
  • Options

Don't think we got a call from Shelvey when he decided not to bother turning up did we?
  • Options
    Yes come on Hants You can't say that and not tell us. Spill. Or for a little contest give us the year and see if anyone can guess?
  • Options
    Ps Well done Laurie you're a lovely lad.
  • Options
    p.s Shelvey was busy having his liverpool medical tbf...
  • Options
    Scott parker or luke young I reckon
  • Options
    No, not Parker or Young. Can't remember the exact year but will give you a clue. He's an Aussie Keeper.
  • Options
    Mark Bosnich??!!?
  • Options
    Hants said 20 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mark Bosnich??!!?

When did he play for us?

• Options
    Petterson was an Aussie
  • Options
    Petterson
  • Options
    Well done!
  • Options
    Andy Petterson
  • Options
    what is Lawrie actually doing at the end of the season - does anyone know?
  • Options

No, not Parker or Young. Can't remember the exact year but will give you a clue. He's an Aussie Keeper.

Was going to take to go for Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter.
    As we now know it was Andy Petterson,
    Should he now be stripped of his POTY 1997
    and we have a recount.

• Options

Well done!

He probably spilt his car keys trying to get into his motor
  • Options

what is Lawrie actually doing at the end of the season - does anyone know?

Lawrie doesn't know yet. He will be talking to his agent and the club in the near future.