Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lawrie Wilson joins Rotherham on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Surprised he was gone to Rotherham after the reports that SCP wanted him up at Udders. Personally, would hate being associated with that angry, fat, tomato-esque bastard Steve Evans.

Good luck Lawrie. You did well for us and will always have a place in our addick hearts.
  • A surprise .. he'll fit in well @ the Millers .. no frills but an extremely hard working and tough group of players
  • Davo55 said:

Surprised he was gone to Rotherham after the reports that SCP wanted him up at Udders. Personally, would hate being associated with that angry, fat, tomato-esque bastard Steve Evans.

Good luck Lawrie. You did well for us and will always have a place in our addick hearts.

Udders probably don't need anyone in that position at the moment
  • Wish him well. Still think he is a good player.
  • Wish him well. Still think he is a good player.

Used to be shite
  • Thanks for everything Lawrie, and good luck. Will always get a warm reception from me.
  • I always feel sad when one of our homegrown lads move on. Best wishes Lawrie.
  • Kap10 said:

Wish him well. Still think he is a good player.

Used to be shite
    I suppose this means he is shite again. Seriously though thankyou Lawrie & good luck at Rotherham.
  • Using the patented Henry Irving test of "if you saw an ex-player in a pub would you buy him a drink?" Lawrie Wilson is a yes.

• Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

masicat said:

Why can't we lend em Watt and Ventokele as well?

Need to buy VeNtokele first
    Let's call him RentoKele if it's a loan.

I call him Igor he calls me Dave ! (very bright lad who can being speak 5 languages)

Capable of 20 plus goals next season if we can get him 100% fit and that 1st Touch improves a tad.

• Is one of my sponsored players this season.

Sorry to see him go but it probably reflects the perceived improvement in our squad recently.

Thanks for the past and best wishes for the future mate.
  • Sad to see him leave. Will always welcome him back.

I have no doubt he'll get a Championship deal in the summer.
  • edited March 2015
    x
  • Wish Lawrie the best.
  • Never shite, never alright for me. Def an honest and hardworking pro and gave his all for the club, so deserves to find a level and a club where he gets first team football.

For me he's the type of player we need to be shedding in the summer, not good enough for us to progress with
  • Decent player, needs regular games and someone who will give him confidence. Their manager is a nob but will probably work quite well with a 100% no nonsense player like Wilson.

Wish him all the best. He came back to CAFC after being released and made a name for himself as a decent player who won't let you down. Lost his way under the prat Peeters and has not recovered it yet. Would not be surprised to see him at Udders next year and will do a decent job for someone certainly.
  • Thanks Lawrie. Was more than good enough. Thought when he played in front of Solly was reaĺly good in a five. Needed time in the side not just dropped into a failing team and then blamed.
  • I like Lawrie Wilson. I don't thing Bob Peeters did though and that ruined his self confidence. He loved playing for Powell and it all went downhill from there. Luzon gave him several run outs and actually he was coming good in a few recent substitutions but it is not to be . I really wish him well because he is a very honest player (in same mould as Morrison). Good luck Lawrie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Using the patented Henry Irving test of "if you saw an ex-player in a pub would you buy him a drink?" Lawrie Wilson is a yes.

Cracking pins...

All the best Lawrie.
  • Just caught up with this news.

As others have already said, Big Bad Bob killed him.
    But he can be an effective player, in the right team.

From Chris Powell's runaway champions team, who have we got left - just Jacko, Sols and Wiggins?

Anyway, good luck Lawrie.

• Good Luck Lawrie
  • real nice man
    we move on though
  • He used to be at Charlton
    Now he's at Rotherham
    Walking in a Wilson wonderland
  • Oggy Red said:

Just caught up with this news.

From Chris Powell's runaway champions team, who have we got left - just Jacko, Sols and Wiggins
    ?

Pretty sure he was not part of CP's League 1 Champions team.
  • Kap10 said:

Oggy Red said:

From Chris Powell's runaway champions team, who have we got left - just Jacko, Sols and Wiggins
    ?

Yes, he signed the following summer, when it started becoming clear that the money had run out!
  • Kap10 said:

Oggy Red said:

?

Yes, he signed the following summer, when it started becoming clear that the money had run out!
    I was begining to doubt myself as there are comments on FB about him being decent in League 1
  • Top man and a very good player on his day, I wish him well. Gutted to lose another 'character' from the club though
  • Good luck Lawrie with operation sink the spanners.