Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Blackburn - post match views

Third defeat v Blackburn this season, be pleased not to see them again.

Sounded from snippets a real step back from recent form. Look forward for views from those their.

Comments

• Tin hats at the ready
  • edited March 2015
    Fingers crossed we can all continue being nice.
  • Really poor at the back. All 3 goals were gifts. Whole team were very flat. Even Guy didn't seem as animated.

Had a spell after the penalty and if Igor's header had gone in, who knows.

Ultimately, didn't deserve anything.
  • edited March 2015
    Bad day at the defensive office.

You cant afford to make massive defensive mistakes with Jordon Rhodes around.

Cousins had his worst game of the seaso.

Looked like most of the team were on the beach already.

We move on - three points at Blackpool.
  • edited March 2015
    Need the team of 1997-98 to go on another run of 8 consecutive wins and a goal less draw to make the playoffs.

Just dreaming.

• As others have said, a strange atmosphere around the place. Poor defending was what cost us in the end. Personally, I didn't think we played that badly and we have definitely played worse and won this season. Have a feeling we will put things right at Blackpool. Millwall lost again so not all bad.
  • Gave away all three goals today. Unusual errors in recent times

I thought Solly was awful today. He's usually good but had a bad game, as did Johnson.
  • Sponsored links:

• One of those games. Three very poor goals to concede, the last two from individual errors. Cant be too despondant as at 2-1 we had them on the ropes and when Igor hit the bar and Watt stuck one just wide I still thought we could nick at least a point. The third killed us off.

On to Blackpool, hope Gomez returns at CH. Johnson looked ragged all game and TBH was poor. Maybe a start for Eagles too.

Hope too many don't come on giving out pelters, just a bad day at office. We move on.

Agree with this 100%

Really did pick the wrong side to gift those chances to!

• Dreadful defending. We were red hot for the first 20 mins of the second half. Then their players decided to play dead for about five minutes and completely took the sting out of our game.
  • Strikers were anonymous , fox back to his clueless self and buyens giving the ball away for fun. Johnson for the second was very strange , what was he doing? Gudmondsson not in the game at all either . Dissapointing all round
  • Really poor at the back. All 3 goals were gifts. Whole team were very flat. Even Guy didn't seem as animated.

Had a spell after the penalty and if Igor's header had gone in, who knows.

Ultimately, didn't deserve anything.

This ....
  • You can't give a decent side like Blackburn a two goal start and realistically hope to take anything from the game. I think that was the worst defensive performance of the season at the Valley and we continued to look shaky throughout. Even class players like Chris Solly and Ben Haim struggled.

We had a ten minute purple patch after we pulled one back but after Igor's header hit the bar (following a great cross from Bulot) and Tony Watt slid one just past the post, Blackburn took control and never really looked in any trouble. They passed it better, hunted the ball down in packs and were more clinical up front.

Too many of our players had an off day, notably, the entire defence, with the exception of Stephen Henderson, who must have wondered what the hell was going on in front of him. Jordan Cousins was average for once and I thought Igor was poor, although he livened up a bit in the second half. Tony Watt had another good game and I thought that JBG was aour best player.

Not the end of the world. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves at Blackpool on Tuesday.
  • Well since we are pretty much safe and I don't see us making the playoffs (unless we get a miracle), this loss doesn't bother me too much. Not our best game but now we play the worst form team in England so we can take our anger out on them, we go again
  • PWR

Yes there were if's, and there were buts, but we were comprehensively beaten by a better side.
    At 1-2 Igor hit the woodwork, and Watt shot narrowly wide but there was always the impression that Blackburn could up their game to win if needed, very much like the home defeat to Norwich. The good news is that we weren't as abject as against Norwich, but we contributed considerably to our defeat.
    After a bit of impressive quick thinking from a throw Rhodes finished well, and then Roger made a mistake that was punished. Blackburn went into cruise control cushioned by their lead, and we came into it more, but were not convincing.
    We tried to give it a bit of a go second half, the penalty gave us some hope, but more poor defending led to Blackburn's third. Throughout he game all of our set pieces were very poor, and we were disjointed all over the place. Mind you Blackburn didn't give us time to get our game going and it was all a bit of a drag.
    Especially a drag because that's our play off chance gone, and there is not a lot to look forward to for the rest of the season, which has been a wasted one that could have been better if a Watt-like forward had been given the number nine shirt at the start of the season.
    As for our players, loads off the pace, against a very on point Blackburn side. Watt was our best player, Cousins was OK, the rest of the midfield and attack was average at best, and the defence were way below standard.
    Very disappointing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

You can't give a decent side like Blackburn a two goal start and realistically hope to take anything from the game. I think that was the worst defensive performance of the season at the Valley and we continued to look shaky throughout. Even class players like Chris Solly and Ben Haim struggled.

We had a ten minute purple patch after we pulled one back but after Igor's header hit the bar (following a great cross from Bulot) and Tony Watt slid one just past the post, Blackburn took control and never really looked in any trouble. They passed it better, hunted the ball down in packs and were more clinical up front.

Too many of our players had an off day, notably, the entire defence, with the exception of Stephen Henderson, who must have wondered what the hell was going on in front of him. Jordan Cousins was average for once and I thought Igor was poor, although he livened up a bit in the second half. Tony Watt had another good game and I thought that JBG was aour best player.

Not the end of the world. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves at Blackpool on Tuesday.

that was key to keeping us quiet today.

they did that very well.

• ross1 said:

Ironically, ask supporters to pick the team for today, before 3pm and I guarantee most would have picked this team

Your right. On paper that was our best team but as everyone knows....
  • Suddenly we have started all that passing back, across, into the centre circle, back to the keeper - boot up field and give them the ball, stuff again.

Crap to watch and not very effective.
  • Luzon out - Ken of Bexley In.
  • Fox is a 1st star graduate of the Greg Halford/Simon Francis school of overhit crosses.
  • Suddenly we have started all that passing back, across, into the centre circle, back to the keeper - boot up field and give them the ball, stuff again.

Crap to watch and not very effective.

I think that was caused by a very good and fit team closing us down very quickly.

Three calamitous mistakes, I actually thought we played ok, except the stalwarts of the team TBH and Johnson, who were awful. I have gone away from smaller defeats less happy. The crowd were really quiet today - very morgue like.
  • Credit to Blackburn for a deserved win. Neat football and mostly solid defence. Henry, on loan from West ham 23 impressed until injured. Rhodes is unspectacular but very clinical. even if they were easy chances he and Conway took them well.

Johnson had a mare, Ben Hiam not much better. Fox did OK and got forward.

Cousins not at his best and Bulot and JBG did get going or much of the ball.

Not much went for Tony or Igor. Watt should have scored when 1 on 1 and Igor unlucky when he hit the bar but otherwise they worked hard without being given much by the rovers defence.

flat game that felt very end of season.

The best team on the pitch appeared at about 2.40. Pure class
  • Who scored our goal?
  • cafctom said:

Fox is a 1st star graduate of the Greg Halford/Simon Francis school of overhit crosses.

Not sure why you are picking on Fox. Our main problems today were down the right and in the middle.