Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options

it was already bugging me when she turned the page without letting it dry but her then closing the book did make me scream at the tv
  • Options
    Feeling underwhelmed! A great series until this last one, very rushed & doesn’t explain so many questions!
  • Options
    Thought it a fitting end. Personally I wouldn't have Bran on the throne but it did make sense. 

I'll be rewatching from the beginning because I think the final season will work better when viewed as part of the series.
  • Options
    The bit they didn't use from the books that always annoyed me was the return of Cat Stark. I would love to see where that went.
  • Options
    Overall not the best season to end what has been an otherwise brilliant show. Blame whoever wanted to chop down the number of episodes for that. It really didn't work and went against the slow build up that made GoT so good.

Still better than pretty much anything else on TV and I'm delighted I'll never have to read another ridiculous "fan theory" for this show!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved the last episode. Gutted it’s finished. I’ll be watching it all again from season 1. 
  • Options
    Fiiish said:
    Not sure what people expected. Jon and Dany to marry and rule peacefully as King and Queen? Tyrion to pull a still living Jaime out of the rubble and they sail to Pentos to live happily ever after? Grey Worm to smile?

Really not sure what series everyone was watching for the past years if they thought a happy ending was coming.
    I wanted a really dark, bittersweet ending.

I found this ending too happy.
  • Options
    Series good, but last episode just tailed off for me.  Of course you need some finality, but I just got a little bored from the moment they wheeled Tyrion and elected a new king 

• Options
    Amazing how many people are so stupid regarding the nights watch on twitter asking why it needs to exist. It doesn't you morons, it was simply used to please Grey Worm so Jon would be free. 
  • Options
    I enjoyed it.
    I’ve hated bran from the window fall, but see why it had to be that way and he be a reluctant king voted by democracy. He had to have a point. I liked Sansa standing firm on Stark independence. Would have been her shit giving that up easily.
    Thought the 2 week leap was odd and how grey worm was the ‘host’. Would have liked to have seen how they all found out Jon killed Dany..... ‘hey you guys, I just killed my aunt and her dragon flew off with her body’ 
    did I miss where gendry ended up?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Just to confirm, i don't think it is bad, but it missed a final twist or kick in the viewers nuts.

D & D with Martin's work had been giving me an addiction because I loved how they hurt me as a viewer.

Since it became just D&D it still hurts but less so so the Stockholm syndrome just about remained.

I just wanted one last kick in the goolies to say good bye to what for me was the best tv series i have ever enjoyed.

Now its iime to re-start the books and hope Martin finishes those in his way, which I expect to be darker still.
  • Options

did I miss where gendry ended up?
    he was at the meeting at the end as he's now lord of storm's end, voted for Bran
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    se9addick said:
    First bit was fine, all started to go downhill once they got to the “two weeks later” part. Brann as king is pretty rubbish, that may be because I hate that actor however. 

My biggest gripes are

- the “r + l = j” thing didn’t seem to count for much (you might have thought that one of John’s sisters might have brought up the fact that he was rightful heir to the throne when they were at that weird council thing that decided his fate and the next king, seems like relevant information for both questions)

- who was Varys writing to at the end of start of the last episode? 

- what about the Promised Prince stuff?

- the Sam ending, with the “I’ve written a book called ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’” was awful

If we hadn’t just got to Wembley I’d be far more invested in how unhappy I am at the ending, as it is I don’t really care!
    They knew Jon didn't want to rule, why bring it up?

I assume Varys was writing to the Lords of Westeros to let them know but didn't get a chance to finish. He was trying to poison Dany (his little birds were working the kitchen saying she won't eat) while set Jon up for the throne at the same time. 

I make Jon Snow Azor Ahai as he killed Dany to stop a reign of terror.

The Sam bit...Yeah, that was bollocks. 
  • Options
    So Jon basically sacked off the Nights Watch 'punishment' to go and be leader of the Free Folk and have adventures with Tormund and Ghost in a now White Walker free 'real' North and hopefully find himself another Ygritte type?

Much more fun that politics in Kings Landing frankly, he did well there.
  • Options
    So Jon basically sacked off the Nights Watch 'punishment' to go and be leader of the Free Folk and have adventures with Tormund and Ghost in a now White Walker free 'real' North and hopefully find himself another Ygritte type?

Much more fun that politics in Kings Landing frankly, he did well there.
    Yeah, but there is no nights watch / punishment. Just a ploy to set him free. He's a man of the north at heart. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Overall not the best season to end what has been an otherwise brilliant show. Blame whoever wanted to chop down the number of episodes for that. It really didn't work and went against the slow build up that made GoT so good.

Still better than pretty much anything else on TV and I'm delighted I'll never have to read another ridiculous "fan theory" for this show!

That would be... D&D themselves in fact. HBO know they had a money spinner here, they would be perfectly happy with another full length season maybe even two if the showrunners had asked for it. But they decided that fewer but longer episodes would be a better approach - a miscalculation in my opinion.

Taken as a whole I can see that a lot of the more divisive choices/plotlines can be argued for pretty convincingly and make a certain amount of sense but it's the execution and trying to speed through multiple plotlines and character arcs in a dramatically foreshortened season that's marred the ending to what has been a great show.

The ending they reached may well be the same one that G.R.R. Martin has in mind for the books but I know for a fact that they got there a different way purely from the number of storylines that were removed, collated or altered. 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Thought it a fitting end. Personally I wouldn't have Bran on the throne but it did make sense. 

Too much Bran always gets me on the throne. 
  • Options
    It's amazing to see how many iconic episodes went back to back during the run.
  • Options
    The things that riled me the most 

grey worm would’ve just killed Jon not put him in a tower 

kings Lansing was rebuilt far to quick 

the north won’t bend the knee ( then bends it to Sansa instantly) 

jon sent to the wall that don’t exist 
  • Options

I thought the North wouldnt bend the knee yet solely to the South - i.e. You saw how Sansa was saying in early episodes that they didnt want Dany as Queen because they had their own King in Jon and so didnt want to bend the knee to an outsider

With regards to Jon's ending; Greyworm was mugged off - What surprises me is why he didnt just stay free once Greyworm went off to Naarth
  • Options

I thought the North wouldnt bend the knee yet solely to the South - i.e. You saw how Sansa was saying in early episodes that they didnt want Dany as Queen because they had their own King in Jon and so didnt want to bend the knee to an outsider

With regards to Jon's ending; Greyworm was mugged off - What surprises me is why he didnt just stay free once Greyworm went off to Naarth
    Didn’t Jon tell the king of the Wildlings that he’d join them “if I could” in the episode after the battle of Winterfell? So even if Greyworm had set him free he still would have joined the Wildlings.
  • Options
    Certainly didnt understand how the Unsullied knew that Jon had killed Dany - think it would have been one of the better explanations, even if Greyworm had been watching in the shadows having just arrived for a meeting with her

Nor do I get their full reasoning for picking Kings and Queens in the future - i.e. Surely its better to have it through birth rather than through being elected, isnt that effectively how the trouble began in the first place with certain people not being happy at how the succession to the throne had gone so the War started out and has only just ended
  • Options
    It's not over til it's over. Prequel under way set 5000 years in the past and films in the pipeline.