Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Playoffs

124»

Comments

• There's more chance of......

OP being an angel ?

• The target for play off spot this season will be 78 or 79 points. We can only get a maximum of 78 points. Zero per cent chance. Let's concentrate on finishing well, keeping this team together but with a few additions and making a strong challenge next season.
  • Last year, 6th place was 72 points , 5th was 73.
  • Last year, 6th place was 72 points , 5th was 73.

Somewhere between 70-75 points usually gets you into the playoffs. If you look at the table it's obvious that this year is going to be much harder.

• We aren't getting a sniff of the play offs this year. People can dream, but it wont happen. I'll still be happy with a top half finish after the way the middle of the season went. I just hope that we properly build on what we have in the summer then maybe next season there will be a realistic chance of sneaking in the top six IF we manage to replace the out of contract players/loanees.
  • edited March 2015
    Friday, May 8, 2015 (7.45pm)
    Sky Bet Championship – 1st Leg
    Saturday, May 9, 2015 (12.15pm)
    Sky Bet Championship – 1st Leg

Friday, May 15, 2015 (7.45pm)
    Sky Bet Championship – 2nd Leg
    Saturday, May 16, 2015 (12.15pm)
    Sky Bet Championship – 2nd Leg

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/dates-for-sky-bet-football-league-play-offs-confirmed-2323292.aspx#Qj6lpbM5vyGsPQdA.99

Save the dates.
  • I think we could possibly get close to 20pts from the last 10 games but the play-offs are a bridge to far.
  • If results go our way over the next 2 games and we win both of them... with 8 games to go we could be 9 points off the play offs! I like the sound of that!
  • A win today then I reckon the dream is more than just alive. COYA's
  • we have three players recently recruited playing for new deals. Plus Bulot and Buyens are in their prime and playing for new deals with us or elsewhere.

Honestly it's a complete laugh to contemplate finishing anywhere above ninth simply because of the gap to the top 8. But until it's impossible you can't rule it out - let's see where we are in April.

Interesting to now know that the original points target was 62 this season. Perhaps they set it at 75 next time and resource the club accordingly. I don't think the gap is that big.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    as others have said, it seems very unlikely because as well as winning most of our games we need 3 or 4 good teams to go on a bad run and 2 or 3 more to not go on a good run.
    I think after two games (we'd have to win them both) we'll see whether we have a realistic shout or not.

If Ipswich, Brentford and Wolves can lose their next couple of games that'd be nice.
  • I think, after today, we can put this thread to bed, unfortunately