Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Playoffs

Comments

• Call me a lightweight, but I enjoy the 'no consequences' games that we are involved in these days. You get to relax, chat, watch Guy and enjoy the game.
  • A decent run of performances until the end of season, plenty of goals and entertainment will help season ticket sales significantly...
  • Some people never learn.
  • id say aim for our best points haul since we got back to this level ...so realistically 60 points plus and some good entertainment from now til may
  • edited March 2015
    I don't think it is a question of learning - what difference does it make if we speculate. We have to accept it is a remote possibility, and an incredibly remote one at that, but it is nice acknowledging it is a possibility given where we were a few weeks ago.
  • Our captain last night – Henderson, said in his after match press conference that he would not give up on a playoff spot until it is mathematically impossible.
  • Certainly no reason for the players to write off the possibility, it might even increase pressure on the teams in the Top 7
  • colthe3rd said:

Our captain last night – Henderson, said in his after match press conference that he would not give up on a playoff spot until it is mathematically impossible.

And I will not give up my attempts to sleep with Scarlett Johansson until I'm no longer alive.
    More chance of us winning the Champions league.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Our captain last night – Henderson, said in his after match press conference that he would not give up on a playoff spot until it is mathematically impossible.

And I will not give up my attempts to sleep with Scarlett Johansson until I'm no longer alive.
    More chance of us winning the Champions league.
    Please. The pleasure would be all hers.
  • I expect a mixture of wins , losses and draws.
    At what percentage rate ?I haven't got a scooby with this lot.
  • Not even giving it non serious thought. Not a chance. Keep this squad intact over the summer with two or three astute additions and we might have a decent run at playoffs next season.

The problem is that some of players who have spurred this current run of form (Johnson, Bulot, Diarra, Eagles to a certain extent) are not contracted to us beyond this year. For some of them, I feel they were using this period to effectively audition for other teams for next year. It wouldn't surprise me if none of the players I listed are with us next year because of wage negotiations
  • I hope so, I had a Rediculous bet at the start of the season including us, man utd and Luton which would be pretty close to making me a millionaire
  • I expect a mixture of wins , losses and draws.

That's a bold prediction there.
  • Its frustrating to think that during that 3 month winless run if we had just won 3 games then we could have been in with a shout. It would have still been very poor form, which all teams are due, and we could have had something to play for with the season remaining.

Thanks, clueless Bob.
  • shine166 said:

I hope so, I had a Rediculous bet at the start of the season including us, man utd and Luton which would be pretty close to making me a millionaire

A shame United will let you down
  • We can guarantee 4 more points on top of are current total.

A win against Blackpool and a 0-0 at Millwall.

All a little to late but this is the same form that Bristol City were on last season and look at them this season.
  • foxjam said:

I expect a mixture of wins , losses and draws.

That's a bold prediction there.
    I know. Fair to say we won't be leaving this league anytime soon.

• On another note this must be the least open the Championship has been in years... Usually the top 12 all stand a chance of promotion whilst the bottom 14 also stand a chance of relegation.

This season its the top seven that can only realistically be part of the Play-Offs whilst 14th down to the relegation zone are the only ones really at risk

The fight for 10th is still on...

• Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Call me a lightweight, but I enjoy the 'no consequences' games that we are involved in these days. You get to relax, chat, watch Guy and enjoy the game.

And then wait for the next batch of new signings..............................
  • Just like 2012/2013 the end of the season will surely come too soon for us. Although I'm honestly not scared of anyone in that run in until Bournemouth.
  • We went 11 games without losing and then after a short return to normality we had a 13 game run without winning. No way we get play-offs after doing that. Next year we need to do more of the former and less of the latter.

The silver lining is that the winless run gave rise to Guy Luzon, who has managed to fashion a half-decent team out of us. Lets hope we can at least go a full year before he gets the sack. In fact I'm hoping he is still here in August, all things remaining the same.
  • edited March 2015
    If we make the playoffs this year I will butter my bare arse and change my name to Mary by deed poll.

Three week ago we were all reaching for the cutlery drawer and planning insurrection of the foulest kind against our benevolent Belgian Daddy Warbucks...

Bet everyone lurves the delightful Ms KM now as well (my desire never wavered BTW, I am nothing if not a constant lover).

Get a grip.
  • Absolutely no chance.

There is more likelihood of us winning 10 of the last 11 games, scoring loads, getting season ticket sales up looking good for next yr and then RD cashing in on the players who's values have soared through an impressive run of form leaving us to start again.
  • I'm with Soapy on this.

Statistically, Millwall can still win the title, but you, me & the whole country know that they are going down. There are only 5 points separating the top 6 and 9 points the top 8. I feel the top 2 may need to get 90 + points to get automatic promotion and you may need 84 points to get into the play offs.

At the close of the transfer window in early Feb I would have bitten your arm off to be 12th at the end of the season - certainly an improvement on last year.

I hope this will be the final word on this silly subject........
  • We have a very very slim outside chance of the playoffs,more chance of Simon Church banging in a hat trick before the season ends.
  • Not trying to diminish the achievements of the last four games but I can more easily see us getting sucked back down rather than getting to the playoffs. I predict 13th.
  • Na I think it's too late, the teams above won't lose that many games. Top10 would be nice though and is more realistic.

As long as we keep this whole squad for next season, the manager and push on next season I would be happy. Some strengthening would be nice too. Most important thing is getting results and keeping our best players. I hope to see Cousins, JBG, Watt, TBH, Eagles etc on longer contracts soon. That is more on my mind than a play off push.