Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Playoffs

Comments

• edited March 2015

Absolutely no chance.

There is more likelihood of us winning 10 of the last 11 games, scoring loads, getting season ticket sales up looking good for next yr and then RD cashing in on the players who's values have soared through an impressive run of form leaving us to start again.

Unfortunately, I think you've described a very plausible scenario - even without us winning as many as 10 of the remaining 11 games.

It's what he did at SL - which then caused their subsequent dip in form and fan unrest that lead to Luzon's removal.....

• Lets just try and finish the season well. A top half finish will be perfectly acceptable. Forget the Play-Offs, it won't happen.
  • Play offs won't happen. I think we can look forward to this team playing well with no pressure and learning more of the championship. I always believed we had good players it was just a matter of the right manager. Luzon has given me more reason to be positive in a month than Peeters ever did in his whole unbeaten blah blah blah.
  • The dream is still alive. Hopefully Blackburn have a FA Cup dip as probably our toughest game before Bournemouth.

Cardiff v Charlton Sat 7 Mar 15:00 1-2 Won
    Charlton v Blackburn Sat 14 Mar 15:00
    Blackpool v Charlton Tue 17 Mar 19:45
    Charlton v Reading Sat 21 Mar 15:00
    Millwall v Charlton Fri 3 Apr 15:00
    Charlton v Fulham Tue 7 Apr 19:45
    Sheff Wed v Charlton Sat 11 Apr 15:00
    Bolton v Charlton Tue 14 Apr 20:00
    Charlton v Leeds Sat 18 Apr 15:00
    Birmingham v Charlton Sat 25 Apr 15:00
    Charlton v Bournemouth Sat 2 May 12:15
  • Sheff Wed away is another tough game before Bournemouth - tougher than Blackburn I think...
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015
    Blackburn will probably be playing their first team this time as well. The FA Cup game a lot of their squad, non first team regulars got a run out. Would be happy to see another great JBG free kick though, that was easily the best bit of the match. That and the floodlights going out.
  • I would agree Silent Addick - the tough ones look Sheff Wed, Bolton, Birmingham and of course at home to Bournemouth.
  • More chance of knitting fog! We all know that the only game the spanners are going to win will be against us! Still, let's just keep playing the way we have been and finish the season on a high and pray Roland doesn't ship out our best players during the close season.
  • Excellent for Charlton to go on a winning run. Play offs unlikely but it is good to dream. If Charlton managed to get a result against Millwall which helped to send them down, then that would help to make the season memorable.
  • edited March 2015

Is that Russel Slade ogling the ladies?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015

The dream is still alive. Hopefully Blackburn have a FA Cup dip as probably our toughest game before Bournemouth.

Cardiff v Charlton Sat 7 Mar 15:00 1-2 Won
    Charlton v Blackburn Sat 14 Mar 15:00
    Blackpool v Charlton Tue 17 Mar 19:45
    Charlton v Reading Sat 21 Mar 15:00
    Millwall v Charlton Fri 3 Apr 15:00
    Charlton v Fulham Tue 7 Apr 19:45
    Sheff Wed v Charlton Sat 11 Apr 15:00
    Bolton v Charlton Tue 14 Apr 20:00
    Charlton v Leeds Sat 18 Apr 15:00
    Birmingham v Charlton Sat 25 Apr 15:00
    Charlton v Bournemouth Sat 2 May 12:15

Out of those, i can honestly see us winning all the next 5 games up to Sheff Wed. Now, if we get 15 points, then we are likely to be 7/8 points closer to the playoff position than now. That makes us 'in sight' - and for it to maybe be possible. Whats the possibility of whoever wins the last game v Bournemouth goes into playoffs ??!!

If we say that we might sneak into 6th place, then , if you look at the fixtures of the next 5 games of Brentford and Ipswich - Ipswich especially have some tough games, including Boro,Watford away plus Bmouth at home. So potential for some catch-up there - and , tbh, i dont think Brentford have the quality to sustain their campaign so far- with some tricky London derby's against the likes of Millwall and Fulham which tend to throw form out of the window.
    To me, lets see where we are before the Sheff Wed game, and i think that we will be a lot closer than people think.

You never know !
  • Must be about time BBC release their end of season fixture/table prediction tool.

Mathematically, 9 wins might do it, depends how many games the leading pack have against each other.
  • 11 (H)
    24 (A)
    18 (H)
    23 (A)
    21 (H)
    10 (A)
    17 (A)
    13 (H)
    14 (A)
    1 (H)

Based on league position, I suspect we have the "easiest" run in of every team in the league.
  • Reckon we may win 5/6 of our last 10 which will see us finishing pretty much where we are now.
  • What is a realist point total we could achieve? With 30 points to play for, the play offs are too far away and let's be honest not winning for 3 months we don't deserve to make the play offs.

Personally finishing in the top 10 would be a great return for a roller coaster season
  • Stranger things have happened than us making the play offs...
  • Stranger things have happened than us making the play offs...

Like?

At this stage of the season and without winning for 3 months I'm not sure there is
  • Blackpool away. We all come crashing back down to earth. 1-0 in a whirlwind to them on a Tuesday night.
  • I visited the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff this afternoon and borrowed the TARDIS. I can exclusively reveal that we reach the playoffs on the last day after Yann scores a last minute own goal.
    In the final at Wembley, we beat Boro. I don't know the goal scorers as I was distracted by Clara...
  • Sponsored links:

• With Blackburn our next game, after they drew in the FA cup against Liverpool so replay on their mind, and play Bolton on Wednesday, surely we should be looking for 3 points from this game and the following Tuesday against Blackpool, only 8 games after that
  • Gumbo said:

What is a realist point total we could achieve? With 30 points to play for, the play offs are too far away and let's be honest not winning for 3 months we don't deserve to make the play offs.

Personally finishing in the top 10 would be a great return for a roller coaster season

What are you talking about ?
    If we get to 6th by end of season, regardless of how we do it, then we will be the 6th best team in the division. We could lose every game for 5 months but then win every game for 5 - it doesnt matter.
    To say, 'not winning for 3 months we dont deserve to make the playoffs' is a load of bollox.
  • Not a hope on Heaven's Earth.
  • It's not really my point
  • Gumbo said:

It's not really my point

Why dont you state your 'point'?
  • The question I asked is how many points do people think we will accumulate by the end of the season, the play off aren't a realist target but a top 10 finish is
  • Quite obvious to me that he's saying that the fact that we did not win for 3 months will mean we'll get what we deserve which is not a place in the playoffs.

• Gumbo said:

The question I asked is how many points do people think we will accumulate by the end of the season, the play off aren't a realist target but a top 10 finish is

We'll win 4 (Blackburn, Reading, Brum and Bournemouth) and will draw four of the remaining six.
    Total points 64. Position 9th.
    Now you know.
  • edited March 2015
    There's more chance of......

• @SantaClaus please can you make it happen as an early Christmas present for me, thanks ...