Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Henderson

124»

Comments

• SEFREE said:

Lost 3 out of 19 with him
    Lost 7 out of 15 without him
    Making a big difference in my opinion

An absolute massive difference. We didn't win a game for the 3 months he was out & won on his first game back.
    indeed.

TBH and Bikey looked increasingly shonky the more games they played without him. If you are constantly worrying about whats behind you as well as whats coming at you as a defender its too much and that showed when Hendo wasnt there.

Hendo is a class act. I would think he would cope a league above us. Hopefully he wouldnt be tempted by a ridiculous offer to be a prem 2nd or 3rd choice. Reckon he is more intelligent than that.

Couldnt agree more and doubt he would go back to being 2nd or 3rd choice for a Prem team. Thats one of the reason he left West Ham as that was his position there.
  • I had was very unsure about him when he was first came in. But he has been absolutely outstanding for us, up there as our player of the season for me.
  • Makes a huge difference, gives the defence confidence and organises properly. So glad he's back
  • I had was very unsure about him when he was first came in. But he has been absolutely outstanding for us, up there as our player of the season for me.

Same as above , I didn't realise how much the team missed him , he's been a big player for us this season and that save yesterday was such sharp reflexes
  • Great that he can clearly pull off the great saves, but then most pro keepers can. For me what sets him apart is his calmness in dealing with the aerial stuff like the long throws yesterday. That must surely help the defence. I also don't feel his kicking is too much of an issue; we were spoilt with Hamer's, though I prefer Henderson of the two.
  • lets hope he is not out for to long this time
  • Real shame,he does seem to get injured a fair bit doesn't he:(
  • As soon as he's back, he'll get 5 games max before being out for another month. I'm afraid that's not good enough for a number one.
  • Can he help being trodden on an opponent ?
  • Perhaps not but he has previous with bad injuries and not just at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson goes off and we go 1-0 down
    coincidence I think not
  • Henderson goes off and we go 1-0 down
    coincidence I think not

But if Henderson spends 25 games a season in the physio's room, how useful is he?
  • Henderson still off, and we win 2-1
  • Yes, but I think he'll be a big loss.
  • What's the injury? Likely time he'll be out for?
  • What's the injury? Likely time he'll be out for?

he played on until half time, so hoping its not to bad, maybe he just turned his ankle when he was trodden on
  • Had his foot strapped up
  • and Pope let one in today
  • Dmitrovic did ok when he came on, caught plenty of high balls lumped into the box
  • He should have gone off when he did it. From my seat he claimed a high ball, came down on his left ankle and rolled it over. Limped on. Went down again. Strapped it up. Carried on limping and rightly went off.

Don't think it'll be a long absence.

To be fair, the little he had to do, Marko did well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I heard pope saved a pen today
  • edited March 2015
    Henderson twisted his ankle and should be back for the next game. Guy said that in his post game comments
  • Thank god for that