Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Henderson

Comments

• Because the young Serbian keeper is being put in the shop window,
    to be sold for profit.
    I really hope I'm wrong about Henderson but have a bad feeling.
  • Because the young Serbian keeper is being put in the shop window,
    to be sold for profit.
    I really hope I'm wrong about Henderson but have a bad feeling.

The Serbian can't be sold and registered before June 30th to anyone.

And of course, he can always be loaned to another English club for playing experience.

• Don't know how true it is but heard last night that Henderson is fit and training but has lost all confidence since the injury. We need this man back asap. Important player for us.
  • Henderson back and we win

Made some great saves as well
  • Great to have him back, reassuring and gives the side confidence, good at crosses and made some good saves as well, welcome back Hendo!
  • Three excellent saves from him today.
  • watching football league show, they just said Hendersons save from the free kick was a routine save,

maybe I am wrong but to me it looked like a bloody good save
  • All saves a keeper of his standard you'd expect to make, not troubled. More importantly the defence seem to trust him completely, unlike previous keepers.
  • Had a good game today, glad he's back.
  • watching football league show, they just said Hendersons save from the free kick was a routine save,

maybe I am wrong but to me it looked like a bloody good save

That angered me as well Paulie. They didn't give us any credit. It was all about Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015

In all honesty I don't think Henderson will play again this season.
    Why do people think we got Henderson free (or part of Poyet deal).
    Also we got Mousa free. Forget about contracts being finished.
    Coventry must have known about his injury problems.
    We were lucky with Richard Rufus (his dodgy knee), why do you
    think no one came in for him!
    Bad research on our admin part!

Re evaluation time?
  • edited February 2015
    The free kick was a comfortable save. Pritchard should of let a left footer whip it into the other corner.
  • It's not so much the saves he made yesterday which you would expect from a keeper of his quality but the increased confidence he gave the defence indeed the whole team. That could be key to our survival chances.
  • philcafc said:

It's not so much the saves he made yesterday which you would expect from a keeper of his quality but the increased confidence he gave the defence indeed the whole team. That could be key to our survival chances.

Yes, all of the saves he made yesterday were ones you would expect a keeper to make, indeed the best save of the match was Button's to deny Watt. It was his overall handling and calmness that was impressive
  • He just looked like a Championship Keeper, did everything asked of him and I'm sure brought some "calm" to our back four and the rest of the team. I just pray he stays fit until the end of the season, if he does it will be like "another" new signing along with R Johnson and the very impressive T Watt. I also thought Igor looked a lot lot happier yesterday, I know scoring helps but his general "body language" looked better to me. Tony Watt could be a massive signing for us if he can stay injury free and continue to build his partnership with IV we could have a very good strike duo in my opinion.

COYR............
  • philcafc said:

It's not so much the saves he made yesterday which you would expect from a keeper of his quality but the increased confidence he gave the defence indeed the whole team. That could be key to our survival chances.

Yes, all of the saves he made yesterday were ones you would expect a keeper to make, indeed the best save of the match was Button's to deny Watt. It was his overall handling and calmness that was impressive
    Thing is, we say ''you'd expect our keeper to make that save''... erm, not our keepers (the ones who aren't Henderson) I wouldn't! He's just so much more no-frills, business first and professional than the admittedly younger and inexperienced lads filling in for him, the defence are obviously so much happier/more confident with him behind them.
  • Valley11 said:

What's Moussa's injury?

Notgoodenoughitis
  • Makes a hell of a difference having Henderson back
  • I remember Deano saving a penalty against Arsenal at the Valley. As he was mobbed by the players, he himself acted as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

That is the epitome of being a professional. A kind of "no fuss, it's my job" attitude.

It is an attitude that Hendo showed yesterday.Each save no fuss, not acting like he'd won the game. Just a "get on with the game" attitude.

As I said, professional...
  • Two very high quality saves against the Bees. The flip over the bar for a high speed shot, and the late dive to his right in the first half when his view was blocked.

Good to have him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:

philcafc said:

Thing is, we say ''you'd expect our keeper to make that save''... erm, not our keepers (the ones who aren't Henderson) I wouldn't! He's just so much more no-frills, business first and professional than the admittedly younger and inexperienced lads filling in for him, the defence are obviously so much happier/more confident with him behind them.
    To be fair neither Etheridge nor Dmitrovic have made any massive howlers, letting in shots that your gran could save. It was more the former's lack of presence and the latter's flappiness at crosses that was more concerning. On Tuesday, none of the goals could be solely put down to the keeper, as the defence was just as bad
  • thenewbie said:

philcafc said:

To be fair neither Etheridge nor Dmitrovic have made any massive howlers, letting in shots that your gran could save. It was more the former's lack of presence and the latter's flappiness at crosses that was more concerning. On Tuesday, none of the goals could be solely put down to the keeper, as the defence was just as bad
    I'm inclined to agree but I would say that for defenders it's much more reassuring to have someone like Henderson whose going to catch the balls that can be caught and punch the ones that can't - a keeper like Dimi or Etheridge and they don't have the confidence. You look at when the ball was passed back to the keeper yesterday and it was much more assured, they knew where he'd be and that he'd get there with plenty of time. Perhaps Johnson being a bossy boots is a part of it but I imagine the likes of Ben Haim are much happier when they can look forwards at the ball not over their shoulder to check the keeper's still where they thought he was.
  • Communication is also key as a keeper! I'm jot sure Pope had the confidence to order characters like bikey around and Dimitrovic had the language problem...
  • Very good to have him back but sadly, I fully expect him to pick up another injury between now and the end of the season. :-(
  • thenewbie said:

philcafc said:

Ethridge made a howler against Brighton and I believe at fault for a least 1 at Watford
  • I thought the conspiracy cranks were saying he'll never play again for us?
  • The last game we won before yesterday was Reading A. This was Henderson's last game before injury. (I think everyone knew).

It was absolutley no coincidence, that we didn't win without him.

None of his replacements were good enough and this sums up one of the main network issues.

The ridiculous, ill informed, penny pinching that dragged us to the brink, when we could have been comfortable mid table.

Has RD learnt his lesson ? I shouldn't think so for one second.

Welcome back Henderson, an excellent assured display. The first time in 3 months, I've been assured of our goalie and I'm certain his team mates felt the same way.

This is what I find most depressing . There are plenty of goalies available who could have come in on loan and done a reasonable job . Ben Amos or Jack Butland to name two .

Each of Dmitrovic , Etheridge and Pope are promising but not ready to be Charlton number ones. They could all do with getting games at a lower level . None of the three have played many first team games .

I suspect Etheridge will be gone soon but I think he has potential . David Button looked at lot better yesterday after 18 months consistent first team football for Brentford than he did in his few games for us.