Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Henderson

Just a question...back in early Jan when we signed another goalkeeper - many on here kept saying things along the lines of "he's just back up until Henderson is fit" etc. BP implied that Henderson's injury wasn't as bad as everyone thought, however, being the suspicious type I am, I posted that I had a feeling, he wouldn't be returning for some time and that we (the fans) were not being told the entire truth about his injury and/or recovery time. I recall people quoting 2-3 weeks he's be back etc.

It's now about 4-5 weeks since then, and still no mention of him coming back into the team? Since then we have signed yet another keeper. Does anyone know if he is due to be back soon, or is he a player that is just going to vanish for the rest of the season, with no one really knowing how his recovery is going and whether he'll appear for us again?

For all the talk of it not being a bad injury and the relief it wasn't as bad as first thought, he's been out for a pretty long time?

Comments

• Agree, very peculiar. I'm not expecting him back this season. Moussa has also mysteriously disappeared.
  • I may be wrong but, i thought the quotes of "not as bad as first thought" were in relation to claims that his season was over?
  • He's been crocked most of his career. I don't want to spread conspiracies but half of me wonders if we took a punt on him for that reason. I was 99% sure he'd be injured at SOME POINT this season, meaning Pope got his chance.
  • cafc-west said:
    Thanks for directing me to this thread, but it only really reiterates my question? Even last week, people were being quoted as saying he was fit and Etheridge would be dropped.....but that hasn't happened? The club has remained silent over his progress? Does anyone know for sure if he is back training? Has/is he playing in reserve games perhaps?
  • What do we need ...... daily updates on his progress?
    Publishing his medical records on Charlton Life?

Henderson is obviously not completely recovered, let alone ready to play.
    Otherwise he'd at least get match practice with the U-21s.

He's evidently not going to be rushed back, as no doubt there is risk of aggravating the injury - and then he will miss the rest of the season.

The young Serbian keeper is playing well enough.

• MrLargo said:

Agree, very peculiar. I'm not expecting him back this season. Moussa has also mysteriously disappeared.

He was training at Sparrows Lane today. Was talking to someone who says he is fit, but he hasn't been picked for the squad, very odd.

• dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Agree, very peculiar. I'm not expecting him back this season. Moussa has also mysteriously disappeared.

He was training at Sparrows Lane today. Was talking to someone who says he is fit, but he hasn't been picked for the squad, very odd.

Because now we've got too many keepers, he's going out on loan to Leyton Orient.

• Oggy Red said:

dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Because now we've got too many keepers, he's going out on loan to Leyton Orient.

So we will not need a daily medical update then?
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited February 2015
    dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Henderson is No.1 and being permanent at the club should be playing if fit. Dmitrovich is OK but hardly tested and is a loanee. Henderson is a 100 times better than Etheridge so having Etheridge on the bench instead of Henderson is bizarre. The situation around players at the club is just odd. I would say nothing surprises me anymore but then something happens that just does that.

If Henderson doesn't return as No.1 it will be do to some ridiculous Duchatelet instruction.

'while Duchatelet is a good businessman, he's "un ignorant pathétique du football" '

http://sticklebackplastic.blogspot.co.uk/2015_02_01_archive.html
    Talal said:

vff said:

dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Henderson is No.1 and being permanent at the club should be playing if fit. Dmitrovich is OK but hardly tested and is a loanee. Henderson is a 100 times better than Etheridge so having Etheridge on the bench instead of Henderson is bizarre. The situation around players at the club is just odd. I would say nothing surprises me anymore but then something happens that just does that.

If Henderson doesn't return as No.1 it will be do to some ridiculous Duchatelet instruction.

'while Duchatelet is a good businessman, he's "un ignorant pathétique du football" '

• edited February 2015
    vff said:

dickplumb said:

MrLargo said:

Henderson is No.1 and being permanent at the club should be playing if fit. Markovich is OK but hardly tested and is a loanee. Henderson is a 100 times better than Etheridge so having Etheridge on the bench instead of Henderson is bizarre. The situation around players at the club is just odd. I would say nothing surprises me anymore but then something happens that just does that.

Marko vic plays for Liverpool. It's his son Dmitro vic.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Talal. Corrected. Probably because I watched the Bolton / Liverpool cup game last week on the BBC. Shame he is injured. Coquelin going and Henderson getting injured did for Peeters. Dmitrovic played quite well and added something to the midfield. Charlton have not had luck with injuries on some players this season.
  • edited February 2015
    As our current goalie is doing well, there's no point rushing Henderson back, unless he's 100% match fit.
    Even then, the goalie with the shirt often keeps it, until he deserves to lose it.

Moussa still has a big problem with his knee after a set back. I can't see him playing again for a long while & wouldn't be surprised if he has an operation, as he's obviously not getting better without one.
  • RD would not stop Henderson playing, he agreed to sign him
  • ross1 said:

RD would not stop Henderson playing, he agreed to sign him

So he can offload him for a profit and keep network Dimi in goal.
  • ross1 said:

RD would not stop Henderson playing, he agreed to sign him

So he can offload him for a profit and keep network Dimi in goal.
    How would he make a profit if he does not play him?
  • There is a difference in being fit and being match fit. I suppose they are treating Henderson with kid gloves.
  • dickplumb said:

There is a difference in being fit and being match fit. I suppose they are treating Henderson with kid gloves.

Thought he might have seen a medical professional by now

• Sponsored links:

• What's Moussa's injury?
  • Oggy Red said:

What do we need ...... daily updates on his progress?
    Publishing his medical records on Charlton Life?

Henderson is obviously not completely recovered, let alone ready to play.
    Otherwise he'd at least get match practice with the U-21s.

He's evidently not going to be rushed back, as no doubt there is risk of aggravating the injury - and then he will miss the rest of the season.

The young Serbian keeper is playing well enough.

It was a genuine question, asking if anyone knew how he was getting on if and when he may would return to play?

I didn't ask for a daily update or to publish his medical records....I was just curious that's all.

• I just love the immediate He is fit not playing proves Rd picks the team slant

Paranoia that in essence is only to be blamed on the owner and lips from coaches past

But still paranoia, if it was any other club I think id really enjoy logging on and reading this stuff

I wonder how many guests frequent here and then keep coming back for a giggle
  • I just love the immediate He is fit not playing proves Rd picks the team slant

Paranoia that in essence is only to be blamed on the owner and lips from coaches past

But still paranoia, if it was any other club I think id really enjoy logging on and reading this stuff

I wonder how many guests frequent here and then keep coming back for a giggle

Duchatelet has got a thing about goal keepers and after the Thuram / Alnwick / Hamer thing last year who can tell ? Things are so messed up and there is no communication or reassurance from any of the Charlton management that creates the vacuum in the first place. I hope it is because they are bringing back Henderson carefully and because Dmitrovic has been reasonable that they don't feel the need to rush. That would be a simple thing to relay but there is nothing being fed to supporters. It's a shambles.
  • edited February 2015
    JonnyK said:

The medical staff are being extra cautious in getting Hendo back into the squad given his medical history. Let's be patient and lose the conspiracy theories!

There lies the problem as far as I see it. In the past, the club knows the fans will be wondering about key players that are injured and would keep us updated as to what was happening.

Communication between club & supporters seems at an all-time low these days, leaving us to speculate & invent conspiracy theories, then they wonder why we're constantly suspicious of them............
  • I think that somewhere someone actually enjoys making people question the decision making, it is mainly caused by the owners and mgmt within, helped along by ex mgmt ex staff ex coaching staff, if it wasn't such a delicate time for the club where calls for uniting fans to address the off field issues are in place, it does seem rather counter productive in uniting the fans to try to pull the players through with support,

We say on here that it's counterproductive to discuss in depth the separate issues on the fans meeting yet we still seem to accept that people leaking alleged inside info with regards to playing staff and mgrs not having control is helping the greater cause

The greater cause Is supporting the team not just highlighting the opinion of failings on the part of the owners and internal mgmt

• at the end of the day, he played his last game for us over 3 months ago. we're not really sure what is wrong with him. we don't know if he is fit or not? we're not sure when he is due to return and he's not playing in the reserve games yet...however, we were told over a month ago the injury wasn't as bad as everyone thought and he could be eyeing a return in a few weeks.

meanwhile, we've signed 2 new keepers since his last game for us!

What happened to him between getting injured in November and the announcement in January that his injury wasn't as bad as first thought? What happened during the rest of November and December? Did they just wait to see if it would sort itself out without knowing what had actually happened?

The club has updated us on injuries to Solly and Wiggins but not Henderson...?
  • Buy cheap buy twice I guess. I'm sure he's not 'permanently crocked' but it does seem to be a continuously extending recovery period. Not the biggest concern anyway as the young lad has come in and done well, pope is on the books and if needed we've got 5 or 6 others.
  • In all honesty I don't think Henderson will play again this season.
    Why do people think we got Henderson free (or part of Poyet deal).
    Also we got Mousa free. Forget about contracts being finished.
    Coventry must have known about his injury problems.
    We were lucky with Richard Rufus (his dodgy knee), why do you
    think no one came in for him!
    Bad research on our admin part!
  • Why do you think Henderson will not play again this season? He was taking part in full goalkeeping drills yesterday. He obviously needs some game time, but I definitely expect to see him play sometime soon.