Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cut Luzon some slack

Comments

• That was one of the things we all predicted- normally when you make a change you get a bounce, but this appointment and the way it was handled was only going to go flat. Quel surpise! All it has done is confirm that the owner and his team are out of their depth. I don’t have anything against Luzon and if he gives me something to cheer about, I will cheer. I really hope to be cheering –but just can’t see it. Two immensely tough home games coming up – if we get one point from them we will be doing well – but that will see us hovering even closer to the drop.
  • MrLargo Member
    Can't believe we've spent 4 pages deliberating over whether or not we should support Luzon, whether we like him or not, etc. He's already been here nearly a month, surely we should be talking about who we want next?
    I reckon this bloke - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothar_Kurbjuweit
    Already in the network, no experience of English football, and he's East German so knows all about surviving under the authority of a shady dictatorship.
    He's got a couple of black marks against him - not previously been sacked by Duchatelet and I can't find any pictures of him crouching pitchside, but still enough there to suggest that he can come bring something to the table.

That's all very well, but does he qualify as a yes man ? If not he won't be joining us.
  • edited February 2015
    So Mr Largo, Guy Luzon is toast, all weddy.

1st 3 days works without Permit.

2 draws and a loss, and told by some fans he dosn't know what he's doing ?

When i said he would be here longer than Jimmy Seed !

Still he got time on his side, Or Saturday which ever comes first.

I want you to be successful because that means my football club are winning matches. You know you have to win the fans over because you are Roland's
    bitc man. Good luck Guy, we fans need a lift.
  • We're in a pretty poor place and it's hard to for any manager given the run of results before he has arrived.
    That said there has been no sign of a bounce, and in particular no sign of an improvement in the attitude of the players as a whole. It seems to me that the reason Riga did so well is because he was able to bond the team together and they supported each other.

Cut Luzon some slack? Maybe, but I'd rather tear Roland a new one while I'm biding my time.....
  • Good shout, seth.
  • seth plum said:

We are in an emergency situation and I would sack him, and then beg Keith Peacock to step in for the rest of the season, and yes work under Roland's same constraints, but to try to fashion some kind of team and genuine team ethic from this extremely disparate bunch of players. Each player must be thinking about their individual situation now at Charlton, possibly Peacock could persuade them to think like a team.

I love this idea. Can we start a campaign or has Sir Keith already been packed off as a car park attendant for a network club in outer Mongolia?

Who else would back the Peacock Plan?

• In some respects it is a shame we scored twice last night it allowed him to come out with stuff about or character and fight. Never want us to lose though. Last night the team looked confused as much as lacking in confidence.
  • Slack cut now slack off Luzor you are clearly out of your depth
  • Sponsored links:

• Crouching tiger, hidden luzor
  • Hacks get no slack
  • We need to get behind the manager, not get on his back.

I realise so many people are f***** off with what is going on, whether he is suited for the job(which I do not think he is) is open for debate, but he is not the problem.

Still think that after last night's pantomime?
  • edited February 2015

Taxi_Lad said:

Riga was on a short term deal. I'd have like him to have stayed but its probable that Bob Peeters had aready bbeen offered the job for this season

Taxi as a RD backer do you not think that it was a mistake to let Riga go?
    I've always understood (I think ) Riga being let go, as an interim manager myself, however when it was decided that Peeters should go I do not understand why Riga was not brought back, seeing as he was available and subsequently went to SL.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and 10 games in the Riga decision seemed sound, however the opportunity to bring him back being missed is beyond belief, his reinstatement would have :-

Lifted the players who knew him and respected him.
    Lifted the fans who had taken to him
    taken a talented but depth lacking team and got them to play attractive football.

Instead we got a manager who is disliked by a number of players already and who the fans have no respect for.

Luzon is the most hated maanger of all time in my opinion. Whlist Reid got the "Don't know what you are doing" it was tinged with a bit of sympathy and regret for a man who had helped make up a premier league team and was a charlton fan himself.

With Luzon there is no sympathy, just abhorrence.
  • The new Alex Fergurson
  • seth plum said:

We are in an emergency situation and I would sack him, and then beg Keith Peacock to step in for the rest of the season, and yes work under Roland's same constraints, but to try to fashion some kind of team and genuine team ethic from this extremely disparate bunch of players. Each player must be thinking about their individual situation now at Charlton, possibly Peacock could persuade them to think like a team.

You may also have the advantage that Keith would almost definitely not give a crap about playing the network players. If we did have a manager who inherited that team, with its current personnel who didn't obey RD's command, I wonder what it might look like. At the moment I'd go for (based on fitness and availability)

Dmitrovic

Solly, TBH, Gomez, Wiggins

JBG, Cousins, Jackson, Harriott

Watt, Vetokele

That's really not saying much as I don't rate Harriott, and JJ is done for IMO. But the likes of Buyens, Bulot & Bikey who look to have given up the ghost would be out.

Obviously Henderson comes in when fit for Dmitrovic, and Johnson possibly for Gomez when fit as well.

You could even argue, and this is how bad it has become, there is room for Church on a wing. Now we all know talent is lacking there, but at least he runs and plays for the shirt. Yes, I can't believe I'm saying that given how I used to pull him up on just this.....

Yet, I think with a couple of months left to run on his contract he's probably had enough of this season, and our club
  • We need to get behind the manager, not get on his back.

I realise so many people are f***** off with what is going on, whether he is suited for the job(which I do not think he is) is open for debate, but he is not the problem.

Still think that after last night's pantomime?
    Don't give me a hard time, read my final sentence tbf to me..................please.
  • I can't get no satisfaction while we're on a Luzon streak.
  • Forces of evil in a bozo nightmare:

I'm A Luzon Baby
  • Stig said:

Forces of evil in a bozo nightmare:

I'm A Luzon Baby

At the trial I will say it was your fault.
  • Sponsored links:

• Naturally when you appoint a new manager the team gets a lift immediately for obvious reasons. After 2 unsuccessful (whatever way you put it, they were both deemed not good enough) and unkown foreign head coaches, this appointment was the perfect time to bring in a face that the players could look up to and respect, someone they would fight for and believe in. Luzon is hopeless, and it's not entirely his fault as he didn't appoint himself, but I just can't wait for this whole situation to end.
  • How times have changed!
  • LOLs aplenty on here
  • Not usually a fan of digging up old threads to point out peoples wrong predictions etc but this is a pretty good one.
  • Some real pearlers in this one, great bump

Lol have a look at some of the posts
  • *quick check to see if you posted*

Yep, some classics on here.
  • mogodon said:

Given the players don't like him I am not sure why I should.

Where's the evidence the players don't like him? I am not a fan of Luzon at all for many reasons, but is an issue with players already?
    1. Rumours about the Standard Leige players.
    2. Vet walking straight past him when subbed
    3. Our performances not improving since he arrived
    4. Other posters comments on here
    5. A mate of mine who is best friends with one of our players and was told directly

Enough for me, especially the last one.
    The best of many
  • Luzon will never get my support. I did not want him. I did not like the way he was appointed. He is a symptom of everything that is wrong with the Club at the moment. He could get us to the Premier League and I still wouldn't sing his name (not that is ever going to happen anyway, he'll be lucky to still be here come May).

Support the team? Yes, of course. Support that poor excuse for a Manager? Never. I don't care what people think of that either.

My favourite.
  • Scoham said:

Roland, Katrien and the Standard Liege scouts have shown they can build a competitive, overachieving Championship squad with great team spirit and we've improved it further with some exciting long term signings in January. They know what they're doing and have appointed a coach that could be our Sir Alex Ferguson. Get behind him that bit more and we'll make the play-offs.

Take a look at this one though. Mystic Meg eat your heart out. Unless you were being sarcastic Scoham?!