Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cut Luzon some slack

We need to get behind the manager, not get on his back.

I realise so many people are f***** off with what is going on, whether he is suited for the job(which I do not think he is) is open for debate, but he is not the problem.

Comments

• Alternatively cut him altogether, wonder if Curbs could achieve something with this lot and keep us up
  • So you've decided he's unsuitable for the job yourself but still think he is being treated unfairly?
  • So you've decided he's unsuitable for the job yourself but still think he is being treated unfairly?

Yes
  • 2 points from 9 Seth

• He's still on trial. I'll cut him some slack after 6 games IF he starts getting the team to perform competitively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry Gary, you know we disagree on this one. Incidentally VG, despite our many differences you are a really good and read worthy poster. On that basis I sometimes wonder if, in your heart of hearts, if you really have faith in Luzon.
    If we were going to go low country continental head coach exotic, then I would have much preferred Hasslebaink than Luzon given his start at Burton Albion.
  • The comments made by Luzon on the football league show after the Middlesbrough game are worrying, no analysis of Charlton other than we were poor second half and praise for how good Boro were. I would have expected comment on the team changes and praise for individuals where due. I was one of 32 on the coach yesterday and the performance was better than I was expecting, obviously you don't know how the comments have been edited, but on the evidence presented the comments show no insight or analysis at all.
  • Why should fans cut him some slack? Just read he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge the fans who made the long trip yesterday but marched straight down the tunnel. Respect works both ways.

Why should people cut him some slack? The bloke is being paid to do a job. If it all goes tits up for him, he will end up working elsewhere in the network circus anyway.
  • Still think we need to back the side, all chanting should be positive. However I do think the next week and the two home games are pivotal. If we fail to pick up three points or more, I will probably change my opinion. Luzon is viewed by the supporters and probably the players as RD's patsy, so was never going to be the answer. We are only going to stay up if the players can turn it around.

Anyway if Norwich turn us over and we are also getting done by Brentford, I think the anti board and Luzon chants should be brought forth.
  • Luzon comments on football league show sums it up for me .Over the last two weeks i have had to play it back half a dozen times to understand what he was saying,his lack of english is to say the least poor.
  • mourinho never acknowledges chelsea fans.walks down the tunnel before match ends .good manager though
  • seth plum said:

Sorry Gary, you know we disagree on this one. Incidentally VG, despite our many differences you are a really good and read worthy poster. On that basis I sometimes wonder if, in your heart of hearts, if you really have faith in Luzon.
    If we were going to go low country continental head coach exotic, then I would have much preferred Hasslebaink than Luzon given his start at Burton Albion.

You are correct Seth mate, we won't ever agree on when Luzon started!

I'll be at the Norwich game tuesday, so I'll see how Luzon really has us set up and playing. I would imagine he would have focused us more on that game than yesterday, due to the fact it's more 'winnable'.

Do I have faith in him? I think he will get a 12th-19th level squad to finish 12th-19th, so yeah.

I wouldn't want JFH back anywhere near this club.
  • Sponsored links:

• pochettino's english is absolutely cack but he's a brilliant manager.

I do, however, have to say that if he only got the job on the basis roland was still paying him and luzon kept bugging roland about the job then he's definitely not the right man for the job.
  • smiffyboy said:

Luzon on the football league show interview looked to me like he's been up all smoking crack

When in Middlesbrough...
  • By all accounts Luzon had been nagging away Duchatalet for this job before Peeters got the chop. Now he's got what he wanted, he better win some games and fast. Zero slack from me.
  • seth plum said:

Disagree.
    Reports say (Jimmy Stone) that Luzon and his agent Dudu Dahan were vying for the Charlton job whilst Peeters was in place. Luzon thinks he is good enough, and Mr Duchatelet via Katrien thinks he is good enough, between them they made the decision, with transfer time still available. He ought to have hit the ground running, but has achieved 2 points out of the last 12.
    Anyway even if he is 'not part of the problem', it doesn't look like he is part of the solution either. Personally I see nothing to like and respect about Luzon so far, and his crap results and general conduct are not persuading me.
    It may be that not getting behind Luzon is the right thing to do, getting rid could well be the better thing to do.
    Just as Mr Duchatelet makes me think of a cuckoo, Luzon reminds me of a hamster.

Will you stop blaming the Watford result on him!!! He didn't have a work permit, he watched the game from the directors box and had no influence on the game.

You don't like the bloke, that's fine but at least be factual in your attack