Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cut Luzon some slack

Comments

• We should have won at least one game since he came here.
    No new manager bounce guaranteed with him.
    If we lose the next 2 games, Roland will be even more of a laughing stock!
    Why should we give him slack, having seen his brief interviews
    on The Football League show cannot understand much he says,
    so how can the players that he trains?
    Totally uninspiring appointment but typical of this new regime!
  • Luzon will never get my support. I did not want him. I did not like the way he was appointed. He is a symptom of everything that is wrong with the Club at the moment. He could get us to the Premier League and I still wouldn't sing his name (not that is ever going to happen anyway, he'll be lucky to still be here come May).

Support the team? Yes, of course. Support that poor excuse for a Manager? Never. I don't care what people think of that either.

Could not put it any better.

• cabbles said:

I can't get over this crouching he does???

Piles?

• I'm not really fussed about Luzon. Not worth writing a long post about him. He'll be gone in a month or 2 and we'll never hear from him again.
  • The game against Huddersfield will be his 8th/9th game in charge. If we are in the bottom 3or4 I can see the atmosphere being very toxic, as we be fortunate to amass more than 4points from the next four games.
  • If the rumours are to be believed and the last 3 "coaches" all got the bullet (or short term contract not renewed in Riga's case before the pedants attack) because they would not act as Roland's puppet and Luzor is here because he's happy to be a puppet then can we even be sure he will get sacked soon?
    The only way I can see him going is if we get relegated.
  • seth plum said:

Addicted said:

He gets 10 games (although it may be too late by then), he's had 3 now. Not going to call him useless yet but on the flip side he's done nothing to have me singing his name.

Have to laugh at him being compared to The Special One because they both fuck off down the tunnel ignoring the fans and AVB because he wears tight trousers and crouches down. Apparently he has violent irrational outbursts like Ferguson and wears the same brand of pants as Ancellotti too. Lucky ol Charlton eh.

Why 10 games? Won't it be way too late by then? In my opinion he has had four games.
    Roland and his advisors decided to bring Luzon in, I don't give a damn about the work permit issue, they ought to have thought of that anyway, and Luzon eagerly agreed to take the job.
    He was introduced, press conferenced, took training for at least two days prior to Watford, and instructed Matthew how to play (certainly as reported by Matthew for the first half at Vicarage Road...that went well didn't it?), so he has already had four games and things are no better than before.
    In fact things are worse because of the disconnect a lot of fans (and I suspect players) feel as a result of Luzon's arrival. I dismiss the 10 games/give the bloke time issue in this particular ferinstance, he ought to have won the last four games to make a good impression.
    However don't worry, because it is still mathematically possible to get comfortably in the play offs (I want a whole lot more than avoiding relegation) if we win 16 of the last 17 games, starting tomorrow against Norwich City.
    We are sold the story that the decisions are good ones, and Guy Luzon is a good manager, well I want proof in the form of results, and I wanted the proof four games ago.
    Why on earth should I cut Luzon slack, and get behind this team...simply because I am Charlton and it is my duty? It is because I am Charlton that I am so critical, I will not provide blind loyalty as I have done in the past, and I will not simply 'follow orders' as to how I engage.

I think you want him to have had 4 games to help justify your dislike tbh Seth. I have to agree he's got a very punchable face however re the 10 games thing I just think it's a good blanket rule to not judge/get on someone's back before then. As with any new job it takes some time to find your feet and Luzon isnt yet being allowed off the floor before getting another kick.

All the squatting and arrogance doesnt help his cause, along with the shit results I'll grant you that, but maybe some of that misplaced confidence will rub off on our squad as we're in desperate need of something right now.

I dont want to see another sacking because I dont think a 5th manager within 12 months is the answer.
  • No

He's paid to do the job, which on the evidence so far he's making a right pigs ear of. Get some results I will change my tune. Lets be frank its a pretty poor start.
  • Why are some so adamant he will be gone soon if he doesn't perform? He only got sacked by Liege because the fans tore up their stadium in protest, otherwise he could well have stayed. I think had he been available before Peeters was appointed he would have been our coach sooner. The fact he was given a longer contract than Peeters straight away tells you something.

I don't think he has been in long enough to have every player hating him, but those who have worked with him before may very dislike him and started a bad feeling before he arrived. Not respecting him or his abilities now thats a different matter.

I still believe he is the wrong man for the job and they should have brought someone in who can install confidence back into the players, but the general feel from the players performance is that most of them can't be bothered any more. From professional footballers i think thats appalling behaviour and some need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Had Luzon come in and completely changed the team and the style of play and that was the reason why we were not winning then yes i think we could blame solely him. But we were poor before he arrived, we have no real depth in attack minded players and our confidence is shot. Yes he needs to turn things around but the players have to take some responsibility for their own performances too. Some of them should be just thankful we don't have strength in depth or i don't think they would be near the starting lineup.

I only say cut him some slack and give him time in the sense that he inherited a poor low confidence team. If after a few more games he still can't get them a bit more confident then thats a different story. I do believe he needs to reach the 10 game limit before he can be truly judged. But by then our fate could be sealed. Again i need to add i still didn't want him here in the first place, but he is here now and i think he will be here into next season too.

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Addicted said:

seth plum said:

Addicted said:

He gets 10 games (although it may be too late by then), he's had 3 now. Not going to call him useless yet but on the flip side he's done nothing to have me singing his name.

Have to laugh at him being compared to The Special One because they both fuck off down the tunnel ignoring the fans and AVB because he wears tight trousers and crouches down. Apparently he has violent irrational outbursts like Ferguson and wears the same brand of pants as Ancellotti too. Lucky ol Charlton eh.

Why 10 games? Won't it be way too late by then? In my opinion he has had four games.
    Roland and his advisors decided to bring Luzon in, I don't give a damn about the work permit issue, they ought to have thought of that anyway, and Luzon eagerly agreed to take the job.
    He was introduced, press conferenced, took training for at least two days prior to Watford, and instructed Matthew how to play (certainly as reported by Matthew for the first half at Vicarage Road...that went well didn't it?), so he has already had four games and things are no better than before.
    In fact things are worse because of the disconnect a lot of fans (and I suspect players) feel as a result of Luzon's arrival. I dismiss the 10 games/give the bloke time issue in this particular ferinstance, he ought to have won the last four games to make a good impression.
    However don't worry, because it is still mathematically possible to get comfortably in the play offs (I want a whole lot more than avoiding relegation) if we win 16 of the last 17 games, starting tomorrow against Norwich City.
    We are sold the story that the decisions are good ones, and Guy Luzon is a good manager, well I want proof in the form of results, and I wanted the proof four games ago.
    Why on earth should I cut Luzon slack, and get behind this team...simply because I am Charlton and it is my duty? It is because I am Charlton that I am so critical, I will not provide blind loyalty as I have done in the past, and I will not simply 'follow orders' as to how I engage.

I think you want him to have had 4 games to help justify your dislike tbh Seth. I have to agree he's got a very punchable face however re the 10 games thing I just think it's a good blanket rule to not judge/get on someone's back before then. As with any new job it takes some time to find your feet and Luzon isnt yet being allowed off the floor before getting another kick.

All the squatting and arrogance doesnt help his cause, along with the shit results I'll grant you that, but maybe some of that misplaced confidence will rub off on our squad as we're in desperate need of something right now.

I dont want to see another sacking because I dont think a 5th manager within 12 months is the answer.
    Is it that I want him to have had four games, or that he has actually and indeed had four games.
    The work permit thing wasn't granted until the Thursday before Wolves, so maybe he has only had the two games then!
    The only thing that didn't happen at Watford was he wasn't crouching and prancing in the technical area, like a manager banished to the stands.
    Anyway Henry says believe when it is on the OS, and the OS announced his appointment, and broadcast film of him taking training.

At least if we have five managers within a twelvemonth then Charlton will have established some kind of record this season.

PS You're right, at the moment I do dislike Luzon.

• As much as it pains me to say it, but even Blackpool appointed a better manager than we did, in lee (Mr personality) Clarke.

Come to think of it, they've appointed a better manager twice..................
  • edited February 2015

Occurs to me that Phil Parkinson got terrible stick on this site but with no backing he took us to the playoffs and had a respectable league position when he was sacked and yet he was really disliked. A decent and apparently honourable man and he was not cut any slack. So why should anyone cut this preening joker slack? Like said I support Charlton and so far I have seen absolutle ynothing from Luzon that gives me any confidence.

He wasnt cut any slack?

Didnt he go winless in every game as caretaker manager???!!!..then got given the job on a permanent basis. The fans were pretty good to him!
  • He has hardly started spectacularly - OK only three matches so the five days will tell more - and if his communication with players is a poor as it is with the media then I can see issues there (and that's not a dig at him not being English but if he struggles to communicate, whatever his nationality, it's serious). If we win against Norwich then he will buy himself some breathing space but another defeat, especially with a poor performance where we rarely threaten to score, and I can see him being in real trouble. He's done 27 days so far ... only 17 more to outlast Clough's time at Leeds ...
  • Decent point Gary but I remember the old fans site on the official CAFC web site (it was closed down) and he didn't half get some stick on there I can tell you I think it was the association with Pardew that caused it. To be fair he was stuck with a bunch of players whp had lost intererst when he took over (sound familiar) and couldn't get them going. But take your point, don't change my mind about Luzon though!
  • Decent point Gary but I remember the old fans site on the official CAFC web site (it was closed down) and he didn't half get some stick on there I can tell you I think it was the association with Pardew that caused it. To be fair he was stuck with a bunch of players whp had lost intererst when he took over (sound familiar) and couldn't get them going. But take your point, don't change my mind about Luzon though!

If Luzon gets us to have a proper go tomorrow night then i think he might win a few people round, especially those that just go to the games rather than take notice of whats being side on the internet.
  • Big game for him tomorrow, I don't have a liking or disliking for Luzon, but I do want us to win and if we do win then he will take some credit as any manager would.
  • Lets hope guy can pick a winning team, motivate the players, get his tactics right, and be a lucky manager , then everyone (almost) will be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

If Luzon gets us to have a proper go tomorrow night then i think he might win a few people round, especially those that just go to the games rather than take notice of whats being side on the internet.
    If Luzon engineers a win against Norwich, however it happens, I will be ecstatic.
  • Only opened this thread because I didn't see the l in 'slack.'
  • Anyone else coming back to CL in the hope that they see a sticky at the top saying "Luzon Sacked - you couldnt make it up"?
  • We should have won at least one game since he came here.

There's no IF about it. Our best chance is Norwich but they will want revenge for earlier in the season. Brentford are different class this year and I can see a hammering on the cards in that one.
  • edited February 2015

We should have won at least one game since he came here.

There's no IF about it. Our best chance is Norwich but they will want revenge for earlier in the season. Brentford are different class this year and I can see a hammering on the cards in that one.
    Not to mention that they are coming off the back of a good win and Watford and Brentford play each other so potentially it's an opportunity to gain some ground on the play-off spots.

People seem to be talking about Norwich as being a good chance of a win. I'm not as confident. After hammering Blackpool on Saturday they will look upon tomorrows game as one to win, especially if they have hopes of sneaking into the top six come the end of the season.
  • Roly only appoints yes-persons who pander to his ego, so if he does sack Luzon, which I doubt, he'll be replaced with another yes-man. And that sort don't make good football managers.
  • edited February 2015
  • edited February 2015
    Fumbluff said:

I think that Rolys aim is to replace every person in every position at the club with someone cheaper. Riga was cheaper than Powell, Peeters was cheaper than Riga. However Luzon shows up as a saving on spreadsheet #1 as Roly has paid him for 6-months to just cram things up his ass but as soon as he checks spread sheet #2 and realises he is paying him more than Peeters he'll be out and Peeters will be back (he's probably still paying him anyway) or else we'll get Upvest's U21 laundry man as manager (I've heard good things about him).
    Anyway if the doofus checked the league table instead of his feckin' pivot tables he'd realise the world of shit and wasted money he's in.
    Long live Loic Nego. Up the 'addicks.

He should know how to get a clean sheet.

• He said on his arrival press conference he "loves pressure"

So give him an absolute bollocking home and away, apperently he can deal with it, so test him. Its his job to get results.