Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell tenure to date

124»

Comments

• edited March 2015

so you win midweek, lose to us and suddenly he is the worst manager ever again

let me draw you back to this thread YOU created eating humble pie @LeedsbasedTownfan

This is just the sort of post you are complaining about other people making in other threads!
    No its completely different

1:the other thread in question a certain someone only writes on there when we have won the cause arguments with other Charlton fans

2:LBTF was moaning about Powell when he took over, then a month ago fair play to him ate humble pie and apologised saying Powell is not that bad, then they lose to us. He goes on another teams forum(not his own) to slag the manager off again
    No it isn't completely different.
    It is bumping a gloat, something you claimed to hate.
    Double standards.
    I never bumped a gloat because I made no comment, LBTF made this thread to admit he was wrong about Powell, then after 1 defeat to us he wrote in 2/3 other threads that powell was the worst manager(non league standard at best)

so I was bringing this thread to his attention, as in you judged him to quick before.

its completely different to trying to cause arguments with your own fans
    I am being misrepresented here. I have accepted that Powell's brand of crap football has got us points. Where in this thread or any thread have I said anything other than the football he is serving up is utter tosh, dire?. I have been consistent around this point and accepted I was wrong in that he has got us some points and probably met the criteria of our deluded board, at the expense of enjoying any of it. Entertainment?, hell no, that has not got anything to do with attending football matches anymore, well, certainly not at our Club anyway. Some of the worst football I have ever had the displeasure to see.
    My point was when you started this thread you exact words were, First of all, I will hold my hands up and say I was somewhat harsh on Mr Powell on him first joining. Humble pie is sometimes required and I will accept my slice.

and now you lose to us you are saying he is non league standard again, firstly before you judge him how much money did he get from the board to improve a poor squad in January, I believe he was hired after the summer window so has to have the players your old manager had and failed with.

give him this summer with some investment and see what he can achieve
    Fair point Paulie, fair point, or it would be if I honestly thought this Clown had any managerial ability.

A clown with no managerial ability? So he has been waving magic dust and picking tactics out of a hat then you ignorant c&$@?
  • Luzon is the next Mourinho. Fact.
  • dizzee said:

Luzon is the next Mourinho. Fact.

Oh dear, Meire lying ... again!

She said he was to be the next Alex Ferguson.

Pinocchio strikes once more ... :-)
  • Totally agree with LBHF!

Powell is a club legend but I hated his management style and negative pre-match interviews - managers should be saying their team will always be looking to get 3 points every game they play, but Powell never spoke like that, it was always just trying their best to get a positive result. Yes he got us promoted from League 1 and a 9th place finish In our first season in the Championship, but can I remind all you "Powell can do no wrong" fans we were rock bottom come January the following season playing awful football before he rightly got sacked. You only have to look at Jose Riga's excellent record and better style of football that kept us up to see Powell just isn't as good as so many of you make him out yo be!

I was so pleased when he left... I'm on your side completely LBHF
  • Redrobo said:

You were in free fall and going down. Now your not.

Sounds vaguely familiar
  • so you win midweek, lose to us and suddenly he is the worst manager ever again

let me draw you back to this thread YOU created eating humble pie @LeedsbasedTownfan

This is just the sort of post you are complaining about other people making in other threads!
    No its completely different

1:the other thread in question a certain someone only writes on there when we have won the cause arguments with other Charlton fans

2:LBTF was moaning about Powell when he took over, then a month ago fair play to him ate humble pie and apologised saying Powell is not that bad, then they lose to us. He goes on another teams forum(not his own) to slag the manager off again
    No it isn't completely different.
    It is bumping a gloat, something you claimed to hate.
    Double standards.
    I never bumped a gloat because I made no comment, LBTF made this thread to admit he was wrong about Powell, then after 1 defeat to us he wrote in 2/3 other threads that powell was the worst manager(non league standard at best)

so I was bringing this thread to his attention, as in you judged him to quick before.

its completely different to trying to cause arguments with your own fans
    I am being misrepresented here. I have accepted that Powell's brand of crap football has got us points. Where in this thread or any thread have I said anything other than the football he is serving up is utter tosh, dire?. I have been consistent around this point and accepted I was wrong in that he has got us some points and probably met the criteria of our deluded board, at the expense of enjoying any of it. Entertainment?, hell no, that has not got anything to do with attending football matches anymore, well, certainly not at our Club anyway. Some of the worst football I have ever had the displeasure to see.
    My point was when you started this thread you exact words were, First of all, I will hold my hands up and say I was somewhat harsh on Mr Powell on him first joining. Humble pie is sometimes required and I will accept my slice.

and now you lose to us you are saying he is non league standard again, firstly before you judge him how much money did he get from the board to improve a poor squad in January, I believe he was hired after the summer window so has to have the players your old manager had and failed with.

give him this summer with some investment and see what he can achieve
    Fair point Paulie, fair point, or it would be if I honestly thought this Clown had any managerial ability.

Let's give him a transfer budget (God help us) to bring in defensive minded Players and go with a flat back 10.

As previously stated, I am one fan with one set of opinions. Record low Championship attendances though is a powerful statement of what is going on at our Club. Forget my opinions, what better way to assess than People not choosing to come through the door?.

A shocking appointment but yes, you are right that he needs to have a close season and budget. I can't wait for the outcome.........

You think it's bad now LBTF...wait until you sign Lawrie Wilson in the Summer!
  • Totally agree with LBHF!

Powell is a club legend but I hated his management style and negative pre-match interviews - managers should be saying their team will always be looking to get 3 points every game they play, but Powell never spoke like that, it was always just trying their best to get a positive result. Yes he got us promoted from League 1 and a 9th place finish In our first season in the Championship, but can I remind all you "Powell can do no wrong" fans we were rock bottom come January the following season playing awful football before he rightly got sacked. You only have to look at Jose Riga's excellent record and better style of football that kept us up to see Powell just isn't as good as so many of you make him out yo be!

I was so pleased when he left... I'm on your side completely LBHF

Tom, I think you have been mislead as to what is overly cautious and what is realistic. Im not beittling your opinion, its absolutely fair...

But, If I could make you a Newcastle fan and put you in the Kevin keegan time machine, I would ;)
  • Huddersfield Town Manager Chris Powell admitted his side ‘never got going’ during today’s 3-0 defeat at Charlton Athletic.

Chris explained: “We were second best all day; we never got ourselves going. There’s no excuse – we just didn’t perform. That’s a shame, because we’ve earned good points on the road recently through good performances and today we let ourselves down. My team didn’t really reflect what I want from them and the players know they didn’t do themselves justice. We were below our normal standards today.

“The ground was packed today and these are the atmospheres the boys want to play in. However, it wasn’t really us today. We did work (Stephen) Henderson once or twice – he made two good saves at good times – but they looked dangerous. Their front two were lively and we never really got to grips with it over the course of the 90 minutes.

“We all struggled today. We looked at the side and introduced Tom (Smith) and Conor (Coady) to try and inject a bit of energy. They did that to be fair, along with young Joe (Lolley), but it was all too little, too late.

“One of Henderson’s saves came at 2-0 but then four minutes later Charlton went up the other end and got their third, which really knocked the stuffing out of us.”

Chris reserved praise for the 2,100 Town fans in attendance at the Valley, who backed the team vocally throughout the 90 minutes:

“The Huddersfield Town fans here were great – they were signing non-stop all the way to the end – but we didn’t give them enough today for the long journey down and back home.”

Now the Terriers have another game in London to prepare for – Tuesday night’s trip to Brentford.

Powell continued: “Today’s result doesn’t change our approach at Brentford. We’ll have to take stock on the boys and see how they are fitness-wise after the journey home. We’ll plan and prepare as always and approach the game with energy, looking to do ourselves more justice than we did today.”

• “The Huddersfield Town fans here were great – they were signing non-stop all the way to the end – but we didn’t give them enough today for the long journey down and back home.”

Deaf football fans are every where.