Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LOAN SIGNINGS

Comments

• But where is the proven, experience part that's been banged on about

That would be the ideal for many but that doesn't mean that we can't consider someone who isnt quite a 100% perfect match to the JD.

anyway it is only a rumour.
  • NLA would rather have a 27 year old with 250 -300 games under his belt but at least this lad has been developed within the English game.

I've aready posted above in reply to you, NLA ......... but who would you sign that is decent, experienced and can do a job on loan, and will be released by their club?

Eh? You're comparing a Southampton youngster versus a Liege one.
  • OK. The 'window' is open. Applicants should form an orderly queue.

Depends where you want that proven experience from. A reserve from Belgium might as well be a crap League Two player - as we've already seen enough of.
  • The only part that gives me hope in the loan window is that they can't be players that are our playing in a different country who don't understand what is needed in this league. I was critical of the Johnson signing i have to admit, but on thinking about if he can find his form before he had his troubles he could be exactly what we need in the defence.

I am hoping for a loan like Coquelin coming in to help. Hopefully as Wenger saw how good Coquelin did he might want to give us others to help them develop. Would even take some older player who can share some experience up front.

But i am doubtful anything will happen though, just through sheer lack of confidence.
  • Trouble is all the time they are messing about another game or 2 goes by
  • when the window slammed shut the noises for a proven English league holding up forward were what pissed everyone off, now a kid from sthampton is seen as a good replacement, he may be mustard and I hope he is should we get him, but if he ain't then within two weeks he will be called a prem league kid cast off

If we are going to get a loan in then surely we must be looking for more than this player to pacify the noises

Seems people just want anyone /someone who ain't from the network regardless if it improves the team

Odd stance imo
  • Sponsored links:

• when the window slammed shut the noises for a proven English league holding up forward were what pissed everyone off, now a kid from sthampton is seen as a good replacement, he may be mustard and I hope he is should we get him, but if he ain't then within two weeks he will be called a prem league kid cast off

If we are going to get a loan in then surely we must be looking for more than this player to pacify the noises

Seems people just want anyone /someone who ain't from the network regardless if it improves the team

Odd stance imo

Or…..some people have seen Gallagher play and think he'd be a good signing for us.
  • Nothing happening yet.
  • cafc-west said:

OK. The 'window' is open. Applicants should form an orderly queue.

I think you will find it is open tomorrow (Tuesday), so do not panic Mr Manering
  • Unlikely but maybe a loan straight in the squad tomorrow :(

• edited February 2015
    To find a striker of the calibre we need that is available on loan is no easy task. Whoever we get is going to be a bit of a gamble unless it's someone with proven Championship experience and has the quality required to make an immediate impact. A lot of the time, these types of players are just not available. The loan window is more for bigger clubs to farm out some of their youngsters to get them some game time in the hope they can assess if they will be worth keeping in future. This puts a lot of pressure on these youngsters who haven't played much competitive football anyway. They also have to live with the disappointment that their parent club doesn't think they are good enough to push for a first team spot. It's a lot of weight for these young guys to bear and many of them find it difficult in these situations.

Besides, we don't even know if they club are looking for the type of player we need. They seem to have completely misunderstood the needs of our squad for some time. Whoever comes in we need to give him as much help as possible to settle quickly in the hope that we see the best of them. Unfortunately our current position doesn't afford us much time to get someone settled in and nailing down a regular first team slot.
  • Maybe tomorrow we could ask for Luciano Becchio
  • barstool said:

Unlikely but maybe a loan straight in the squad tomorrow :(

It would be a miracle, if we got a player, and he was actually match fit
  • Get Wayne Rooney in, he must be fed up being played in midfield watching the ball being hoofed up to Fellani!
  • Get Wayne Rooney in, he must be fed up being played in midfield watching the ball being hoofed up to Fellani!

Too short!
  • Sponsored links:

Not old enough and is too fit
  • Still no news on a loan signing?? Top stuff!!!
  • I don't think we'll bring anyone else in at all
  • edited February 2015
    I think, in this window, they are technically 'emergency' loans and you can only keep them for 12 weeks - so if you loan now they 'expire' before the end of the season run-in. Most teams seem to arrange loans to start so that they cover to the end of the season which, I think, means next week.
  • Maybe tomorrow we could ask for Luciano Becchio

On loan at Rotherham.
  • I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned ( Do keep up, Fanny!) but Sunday's Express stated that SWP is now ready to go out on loan with Charlton, Brighton & Bolton interested.

Are we bovvered ?
  • cafc-west said:

I think, in this window, they are technically 'emergency' loans and you can only keep them for 12 weeks - so if you loan now they 'expire' before the end of the season run-in. Most teams seem to arrange loans to start so that they cover to the end of the season which, I think, means next week.

Twelve weeks will do us, not that long to go until the end of the season.
  • Redrobo said:

Maybe tomorrow we could ask for Luciano Becchio

On loan at Rotherham.

I thought he got injured and had been sent back . In any case his loan from Rotherham expired on 1 January .

He would be perfect ,caused us no end of problems when we faced him at the New York Stadium.

Odd stance imo

We did not get an experienced striker to replace Kermorgant last January. We did not get one in the summer, we did not get one in the autumn loan period and we did not get one in the January transfer window.

Don't you think we should have gotten the RD message by now?
  • Redrobo said:

Maybe tomorrow we could ask for Luciano Becchio

On loan at Rotherham.
    Thought it wasn't extended?