Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough vs Charlton Ath | Sat 7th Feb 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• ross1 said:

If Jackson plays, as has been suggested, who do we leave out Buyens or Miloš Veljković? Veljković is the defensive midfielder so assume JJ would replace him as he surely is not up to playing a box to box midfielder, but then is Buyens?

I'm not sure what Buyens is.
  • Draws are boring, but this will be a good one. 1-1 after a late Buyens pen.
  • Opening comment said " it's never boring being a Charlton supporter". To be honest, I disagree, it's been bloody boring.
  • Big_Bob said:

stevec said:

Turning point of the season, an over confident Boro concede early against the run of play, two Boro defenders red carded including their goalkeeper and Watt scores a hat trick. 0-3 to us
    Amazing what a glass of red wine can produce.

You've started early steve
    Nervous and apprehensive, that's why.
  • God, one would think we were Portsmouth, where is the positivity. 1-1 draw and watt to score.
  • God, one would think we were Portsmouth, where is the positivity. 1-1 draw and watt to score.

We're desperate not to be Portsmouth. That's the point.

I'd love to be positive, so if you could provide me with some reasons to be I'll get on with it.
  • Super JJ off the bench to win it 2-1 after a lucky deflected Vetokele goal early on was cancelled out by a Vossen header from a set piece, 490/1 JJ/2-1 last scorecast on William Hill, thank you very much

We're desperate not to be Portsmouth. That's the point.
    Wasnt Portsmouth's problem the fact that they spent endless amounts of money trying to get success only for it to go up in their faces.

In this case its our fans who want Roland to splash the cash yet its the owner who seems to not want to turn in Portsmouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Except it's not about wanting RD to splash the cash. It's about not wanting our club to slide into the third tier and never return. I can't see any evidence that that will be avoided long-term, or even this season.
  • The travelling Addicks who go to this game are awesome, and I would love to think they will have something to make it worth while by the end of the game. Guy Luzon likes to win, I agree 100% with him, and the travelling support would have sweet reward for their effort if we get three points.
    However it looks like a mammoth task to avoid a bit of a pasting, or a disdainful dismissal by Middlesborough. Sometimes unexpected thins happen of course, and especially in this division.
    Hope?
    Well Bikey used to play for them, so I expect him to make a special effort to be on his game today, maybe today will be the day that Johan decides to put on an unplayable performance. Maybe Dimi will be excellent. maybe Trevor kettle will revert to weird type and amazingly send off the Boro keeper and award us a penalty when the keepers slippery water bottle flies from his hand and hits an onrushing Callum Harriott.
    Maybe we will be ultra defensive and snatch one.
    More likely Boro will open the scoring, and basically that will be that.
  • We are going yo get our a**** handed back to us on a plate, 4-0 boro
  • Watt and Church to start, was not expecting that.
  • colin1961 said:

Well supporters have been saying Vetokeke sould be rested and Bikey needs to be dropped and Watt should start well Guy Luzon has done what they wanted

Are you saying Roland has listened then?

• Just seen Harriott didn't travel with the squad as a result of an injury he picked up on Friday. Good news
  • Long ball game?