Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough vs Charlton Ath | Sat 7th Feb 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Will be exceedingly lucky to get anything from this. Heart says draw, head says don't even bother looking at the result.
  • Think we might start Luzon under Luzon... but who knows - we might just get the defence right (that seems his priority) but still not score. Can see a 0-0 (just).
  • The Middsbro teamtalk will be something on the lines of " they will be coming with a view to protect a nil nil draw and hopefully nick a goal. Be patient and when we get the first goal they will collapse"
    Surprise them my Israeli friend. Play two up front and encourage the full backs to push up as much as possible.
    Oh forget it, should have saved my breath. 3-0 to Boro.
  • Good preview .. Middlesbrough F C right now is a skilled and ruthless outfit .. we'll be lucky to come away from down by the Riverside with 'nil score' .. ((:>)

I'm looking forward to it though, looking forward to see some new faces and to see if Luzon's expertise has made any difference to an ailing side

Middlesbrough 3 v CAFC 1
  • I vowed never to return to Boro after I spent the entire journey back from 'Operation Riverside' seething at the sh*te performance. I can't see it being much better this time around. 3-0 Boro.
  • Bore draw 0-0. Hopefully.
  • Can't believe I'm hoping for 0-0, sad times.
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.

You know we're the Away team right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesbrough vs Charlton Athletic
    3pm Kick-Off
    Referee – TREVOR KETTLE

INTRODUCTION

Life as a Charlton fan just is not dull is it?

Fixed that for you.
  • I can't see us getting anything from this one. We should take a leaf out of Riga's book and rest key players like Ventokele who are obviously completely shot. We need to nurse our squad through the winter and pick and choose the games we really go for.
  • They are tight as a gnats chuff at the back and unless JBG unleashes a thunderbolt don't see us troubling them too much. Defeat just hope its not too embarrassing and demoralising for Solly Cousins et al.
  • Best squad in the division (them, not us) so anything at all would be a good result but we got a draw a Wolves who were on a good roll.

Another 1 - 1 with Johnson nodding one in at a corner
  • a shock 1-0 to us
  • It'll be daylight robbery if we get anything.
  • most we can expect to score is one, they will score more than one, so a defeat. Anything from 1-0 to 6-1.
  • Sorry but this ain't going to be pretty, my thoughts are we will be lucky to get 0!!! 3-0 to Boro............match thread starts about 2 pm
  • Perhaps it is time for Trevor Kettle to do US a favour. Just one penalty may do it, then again
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfortunately can't see anything but a decisive home win. 4-0 and another game goes by without us scoring. Liken us to the Elephant Man at a speed dating venue :-(
  • sralan said:

Unfortunately can't see anything but a decisive home win. 4-0 and another game goes by without us scoring. Liken us to the Elephant Man at a speed dating venue :-(

We scored last week
  • Did we???????
  • If we muster as many as 3 shots on target I'll be astonished.
    Relentless pressure will eventually tell.
    Can only see a defeat, might be a cricket score
  • Not feeling positive about this ...3-0 defeat
  • edited February 2015
    ross1 said:

Perhaps it is time for Trevor Kettle to do US a favour. Just one penalty may do it, then again

Trevor Kettle sent off Holland red, and Wagstaff for 2 yellows, at Oldham

Last season at the valley He sent off two Bolton players.

Hence his nickname: two red kettles.

• One quick thought... Middlesbrough have Arsenal in the Cup next week.

Wonder how many of their players are thinking more about that game than ours
  • We will get hammered.
  • edited February 2015
    Five in midfield, play Watt up front alone and see what he can do.

We'll go down 1-0