Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Redknapp resigns as QPR manager

Comments

• Rizzo said:

I hear 'Arry has gone to work for McDonalds Drive Thru... Can lean out the window and talk to everyone at his heart's content and be given money each time for it

Probably not going to get a backhander from the people supplying the burgers though, or a percentage of the sale price of anything he sells.

I bet McDonalds pay their staff bonuses for recommending applicants that get a job though.
  • rananegra said:

QPR fan in my office not happy. Doesn't seem to think Arry is telling the truth. (Does think they're doomed anyway and looks forward to a trip to SE7. Had to say I thought that wasn't guaranteed :( )

Why? Are they getting relegated to League 1 for breach of financial fair play?
  • Irony is he has bought every club he has managed to its knees. Now he has done. God works in mysterious ways.
  • QPR should get the auditors in tout suite. Make sure Harry and his dog haven't scarpered with the cheque book and petty cash.
  • What has this post got to do with CAFC? Unless he is going to be our next manager?
  • He will be at Bournemouth as a director of football by the beginning of the season

Oh don't say that. I quite like Bournemouth.
  • He'll be Bournemouth manager next season in the prem, when Eddie Howe gets snappe up by Barcelona.
  • So, not the knee then...Who'd have thought it!

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32236284
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

So, not the knee then...Who'd have thought it!

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32236284

If you read it, it says not only the knee, so yes it was the knee but there was other factors which everyone knew.
  • Well fancy that... consider my gob well and truly smacked.
  • I wonder if the people against him were the bank manager and accountants?
  • I was told a few years ago by someone who shall not be named, that the best thing to ever happen to Redknapp was Les Sealey dying. Sealey was apparently about to lift the lid on all Redknapp's antics which would in his words, unquestionably have landed Redknapp in prison! (allegedly)!
  • There is an anecdote in Sir Keith Peacock's book No Substitute about a footballers athletics meeting back in his and Redknapp's playing days.

Apparently Keith and Redknapp were both running in the 400 metres. Keith came round the final bend looking to overtake Redknapp who elbowed him in the face slowing Peacock sufficiently to enable him to go on and win the race.

That episode says a lot about the character (or lack thereof) of Mr Redknapp in my opinion.
  • A spurs fan mate of mine detests him.....and did when he was manager there too.

He says he has "a face like a dropped pie"
  • Gone from not minding Redknapp to having a real dislike of him. Ain't sure why, anyone else know?
  • Sponsored links:

• brogib said:

Gone from not minding Redknapp to having a real dislike of him. Ain't sure why, anyone else know?

Actually the same as you on this. I was up for him as England manager just a few years ago, then came to the realisation that I can't stand him. Can't stand his twitchy face. His cliched drivel. His attention seeking and willingness to give a soundbite to any reporter who ever asked him anything about anything. Reading that book Broken Dreams didn't help. He's a bullshitting crook who's lasted longer than he should've done. Whatever he had at Spurs and before seems to have well and truly dried up. Like his face.

I can't stand his son either. "Everybody likes me, cos I'm nice guy Jamie Redknapp!" - that all falls apart when he's on A League of Their Own. Richard Ayoade freaked him out brilliantly. And there was the time he told a story about someone he didn't like, and the facade of niceness slipped. Houllier I think. He's a conceited phony!

Didn't realise how much I disliked the pair of them until now.
  • brogib said:

Gone from not minding Redknapp to having a real dislike of him. Ain't sure why, anyone else know?

Can't help you there. I have always despised the bloke, always. For a while when the press was actively promoting the idea that this crooked charlatan was in any way competent to or worthy of managing the English national team I wondered if I was somehow missing something obvious to (apparently) everyone else, but thank the deity of your choice that bubble seems to have to burst!
  • I dont think anyone really believed the, "my knees had it" story. It was a touch convenient and not normally a condition that couldn't wait until the close season.
    The (BBC) interview did make me chuckle, he didn't want to do the office work, he's not capable of it. We can all remember his court case and his lack of education, "I can't hardly write the team sheet", rosie the dog etc.
    England manager, my arse. One huge inflated opinion of himself.
  • I was told a few years ago by someone who shall not be named, that the best thing to ever happen to Redknapp was Les Sealey dying. Sealey was apparently about to lift the lid on all Redknapp's antics which would in his words, unquestionably have landed Redknapp in prison! (allegedly)!

So are yuh saying that Arry done in Les Sealey ?
  • Never have liked him. Always thought he is as dodgy as hell and nothing changes that.

Brilliant at manipulating people though. A Jedi at that to be fair.
  • I have never seen anything in his CV to suggest he would be capable of managing England. The fact that he runs Dowie close in the ugliness stakes is irrelevant.
  • edited April 2015
    How can someone that relies on a rediculous amount of transfers ever run a national team ?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

This made me laugh a lot.

Still laughing JohnBoy? :-)

• JohnBoyUK said:

This made me laugh a lot.

Still laughing JohnBoy? :-)

Apparently they had a minute
    's applause in the 57th min for his win ratio today!

Fair play to him. Sounds like they outplayed us today. Would be nice if our team made a bit of an effort but silver linings, anything not to qualify for the Europa!