Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Johnson **SIGNED TO THE END OF THE SEASON (pg 6)**

Comments

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

LOL!

She's no Yvonne Strahkovski (see Dexter thread) who for me is more naturally beautiful.

I haven't said she's not an attractive lady, but her face screams plastic... I'm not into that.

Saying all of that, I did only look at the one picture as I'm at work, there could be some that have me think 'hell yes'. I'll confirm later.

The final option is of course, that I'm not as desperate as you lot.

A slightly better pic!

Definitely more tempting...
  • Options
    Looking at that pic the question is only left or right first
  • Options
    I'd start left
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

We all dream of a team of centre-halves
    A team of centre halves
    A team of centre halves

Bikey, TBH, Lennon,Thomas,Milos,Fox,Johnson,Gomez,Onyewu.

Well that's 9 who can play CB.

2 more CB in loan Window?

• Options

I was thinking more along the lines of back or front first............ :neutral:
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

LOL!

She's no Yvonne Strahkovski (see Dexter thread) who for me is more naturally beautiful.

I haven't said she's not an attractive lady, but her face screams plastic... I'm not into that.

Saying all of that, I did only look at the one picture as I'm at work, there could be some that have me think 'hell yes'. I'll confirm later.

The final option is of course, that I'm not as desperate as you lot.

A slightly better pic!

his pick up line must surely have been:

"Hi, would you like me to Roger you with my Johnson?".
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to Johnson organising and shouting at Bikey, whilst Mister Crouching Tiger, Hidden Wally passionately shouts instructions from the touchline that the players neither understand nor give a damn.

Sorry, cynicism overload.
  • Options

I was thinking more along the lines of back or front first............ :neutral:

Thats just too forward buddy, you have to have a bite first
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roger Johnson must realize he's at the last chance saloon.
    If he does can he please drink up and get to training on time.
    Also please sleep in the spare room from Thursday night as your never
    last the 90 mins ? (on a Saturday, in the game of course)
  • Options

It seems that Paul Suart (who wrote that article) only seems to cover Wolves of all the Midland clubs. Reads more like a biased fans rant, rather than that of a professional journalist.

One line that stuck out (and annoys me) is: "Despite some poor displays, the defender continued to pick up wages of around £25,000 a week, placing a huge strain on the club’s dwindling finances".

Reminds me of when Pompey fell through the leagues and people were critising the players for how much they were being paid, yet convieniently forget the the club are the ones at fault for offering those contracts in the first place.

Those poor Wolfs. How dare he take the money they agreed on...............
    Yep and if the player and club had written in to his contract an escape clause ,if they got relegated from the top flight, 8 seasons on and they could slag the player off for deserting the sinking ship .............
  • Options
    A solid performance today and really good to hear him shouting and bossing the defence. TBH played better alongside him as well. We looked far more confident with him and Henderson in goal.
    Welcome Roger.
  • Options
    Considering he must have been lacking in match fitness and sharpness I thought he did great.
  • Options
    Looked rusty but decent performance. How did Gray not get booked today?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Considering he must have been lacking in match fitness and sharpness I thought he did great.

Had to have an injection as well after the elbow to the ribs
  • Options
    At this level he's a very decent player, and will definitely help Fox who positionally was a bit at sea in the first half when he came on
  • Options
    Killer I thought exactly the same thing about RJ helping Fox with his positioning and decision making.
  • Options

cfgs said:

You could tell he was in pain when he came back on as he was holding his arm across his ribs until halftime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

You could tell he was in pain when he came back on as he was holding his arm across his ribs until halftime.
    Was worried he'd cracked a rib, the way he was holding his chest
  • Options
    NIce to see a Centre Back playing the ball into the feet of the front players, instead of hoofing it.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

NIce to see a Centre Back playing the ball into the feet of the front players, instead of hoofing it.

I agree-ish! Thought he looked solid but little iffy with the ball at he's feet. Hope to be proved wrong.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

I agree-ish! Thought he looked solid but little iffy with the ball at he's feet. Hope to be proved wrong.
    his first game for months and looked awkward at times on the ball, as he is right footed playing on the left, but fed the ball into Watt coming short on a few occasions. Ben Haim in contrast also does that well when he has space to bring the ball forward, otherwise he plays it longer.
  • Options

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

He did. And played on. Apparently.
  • Options

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Being said on twitter by somebody that works at the club on matchdays and posts on here I think, that he did crack a rib and have a pain killing injection.
  • Options
    I said on another Thread that Roger Effing Johnson would either be a cult hero or get sent off in his 1st match and swear his way out of the club.
    I'm going for cult hero after seeing him play on with his cracked Rib.
    Ok he may have got lucky a couple of time but for his 1st match in a year in the League that was great.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

thenewbie said:

What's done is done - in the past he's done some very stupid things but it seems that perhaps the penny has dropped. If he is serious about turning himself around there is still a good defender in there somewhere; until such times as he turns up drunk at Sparrows Lane then for me, the past has passed and I am willing to give him a chance to show what he can do - over to you Roger...

This for me.

Anyone who comes in with a positive attitude and a desire to earn a contract is a good signing for me. Even if he's not fully fit or better than those already here, he's not tainted with the recent poor run and may just be what the dressing room needs. Bags of experience so not phased by the stress of a lower table battle. He's got something to prove as have all newcomers, but at 31 with a 4 month contract, he's not got time to sit in the sidelines. He knows that he will be unemployed in May if he doesn't add something to the squad, so my thoughts are that he will be bursting with enthusiasm and and may just fill/add a JJ type role on the pitch. No players are judged on their past performances for long, it's what he does now and forwards that matters. He's English and breaks the network chain, so for me all good.

Welcome aboard the skylark Roger.

You're doing just what we need Roger. We love our defenders here at Charlton. You could end up a fans favourite with performances like that. Keep it up big man.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Being said on twitter by somebody that works at the club on matchdays and posts on here I think, that he did crack a rib and have a pain killing injection.
    That's impressive, hopefully we've signed a player who's desperate to make a (positive) name for himself in the next 3 months