Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Johnson **SIGNED TO THE END OF THE SEASON (pg 6)**

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I think if Johnson can get 100 per cent fit and committed to the cause, he will be a good addition. He is a good header of the ball in both boxes and is a vocal presence. I notice we are bringing in bigger, more physical players in Lepoint, Johnson and the Spurs player, which should help us defend set pieces better. We have been a bit lightweight in that department and Luzon likes to play more direct Football. But we are still missing a Centre Forward who can hold the ball up and pitch in with a few goals. A playmaker in central midfield would also be nice.

If only Lepoint could trap a football.
  • Options
    No problem with Johnson, per se. Just that our problems lie elsewhere. There's no way of dressing up the fact that the failure of club to sign players in the positions we needed has put us in danger of relegation.
  • Options
    have not read the whole thread but maybe our issue lies with not many players want to come to us. not exactly a prime career option currently are we. we can only really attract shit or issue players.

Johnson makes sense from many angles but does not fit the combined birthday and christmas presents we all wanted. Maybe we already got those though. We just we are not wowed by them.
  • Options
    Someone needs to speak to Bob Peeters about Morrison
  • Options

I think Johnson is a pretty decent addition and I can't wait to see him V's Norwich.

Now where did I put my season tic................aah, f*#k it. :neutral:

Tango, for a small fee you can have mine (:
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

What's done is done - in the past he's done some very stupid things but it seems that perhaps the penny has dropped. If he is serious about turning himself around there is still a good defender in there somewhere; until such times as he turns up drunk at Sparrows Lane then for me, the past has passed and I am willing to give him a chance to show what he can do - over to you Roger...

This for me.

Anyone who comes in with a positive attitude and a desire to earn a contract is a good signing for me. Even if he's not fully fit or better than those already here, he's not tainted with the recent poor run and may just be what the dressing room needs. Bags of experience so not phased by the stress of a lower table battle. He's got something to prove as have all newcomers, but at 31 with a 4 month contract, he's not got time to sit in the sidelines. He knows that he will be unemployed in May if he doesn't add something to the squad, so my thoughts are that he will be bursting with enthusiasm and and may just fill/add a JJ type role on the pitch. No players are judged on their past performances for long, it's what he does now and forwards that matters. He's English and breaks the network chain, so for me all good.

Welcome aboard the skylark Roger.
  • Options

Nothing personal but as others have mentioned it makes no sense signing him? Who chose him? Doubt it would be Luzon. We already have a reserve ageing centre back in Onyewu and let Morrison go. Just do not get it? But then I do not get how Bikey has gone from adored beast to unfit lumbering error prone defender.

Maybe it was Matthew and Chapple who wanted him. Johnson isn't old, and has hardly played in the last 2 years so should have plenty of miles on the clock as it's not as if he's been injured!
    Getting rid of Morrison was daft, but that's happened now and can't be reversed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

Johnson added: “I’m an old-fashioned centre-half. I like a tackle, I like to head the ball and then give to people who can play."

Might struggle a bit here with the last part.

Sounds like an older Michael Morrison.
    Probably reads the game better than Morro (one of Morro's few faults)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

dickplumb said:

I think if Johnson can get 100 per cent fit and committed to the cause, he will be a good addition. He is a good header of the ball in both boxes and is a vocal presence. I notice we are bringing in bigger, more physical players in Lepoint, Johnson and the Spurs player, which should help us defend set pieces better. We have been a bit lightweight in that department and Luzon likes to play more direct Football. But we are still missing a Centre Forward who can hold the ball up and pitch in with a few goals. A playmaker in central midfield would also be nice.

If only Lepoint could trap a football.
    He's played 15-20 minutes in a game with no organisation and was out of position! Give the guy a chance FFS!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Absolutely. I think Morrison leaving was more to do with the managers decision making rather than the owners.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Absolutely. I think Morrison leaving was more to do with the managers decision making rather than the owners.
    We hope.
  • Options
    robroy said:

To be fair to the guy, if anyone was on £42,000 a week and a new manager came in and said your not playing I'm selling you. What would you do? Say "Oh ok then, cancel my contract I'm off"

The fact that no team came in for him was due to the wage he was on, Kenny obviously pissed him off by making him train with the youth team. Why should he do Kenny a favor by walking away? Would you?

Kenny and Co then flood the market with comments of "He's Toxic" to sour any move for him. A contract is a contract at the end of the day.

As for turning up at training still pissed, how many of us have done that at work? Most young lads with loads of money have done a lot worse

Yes, when I was young and had money I used to stand on the upturned waste paper basket and have a piss on the bosses desk, that was after whacking a pensioner over the head with my silver topped cane on the way to work and setting fire to a kitten...

• Options

Amazing to have a signing with a name I can pronounce but my Wolves mate assures me this fella is 100% toxic in terms of team spirit with an ego only matched by the size of is bar bill.

• Options

robroy said:

To be fair to the guy, if anyone was on £42,000 a week and a new manager came in and said your not playing I'm selling you. What would you do? Say "Oh ok then, cancel my contract I'm off"

The fact that no team came in for him was due to the wage he was on, Kenny obviously pissed him off by making him train with the youth team. Why should he do Kenny a favor by walking away? Would you?

Kenny and Co then flood the market with comments of "He's Toxic" to sour any move for him. A contract is a contract at the end of the day.

As for turning up at training still pissed, how many of us have done that at work? Most young lads with loads of money have done a lot worse

Yes, when I was young and had money I used to stand on the upturned waste paper basket and have a piss on the bosses desk, that was after whacking a pensioner over the head with my silver topped cane on the way to work and setting fire to a kitten...

Eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Amazing to have a signing with a name I can pronounce but my Wolves mate assures me this fella is 100% toxic in terms of team spirit with an ego only matched by the size of is bar bill.

I think someone has been on the beers this morning....is that you Roger?
  • Options
    I'm surprised his wife hasn't had a mention on here so far........

• Options
    edited February 2015
    CGAFF about this one to be honest. Yet more Meh. At least he's not network and used to be a good player but we really are shopping at Lidls (no offence intended to that fine retail establishment). Might turn out to be a bargain. Probably better than Onyewu. But, as I say, CGAFF.
  • Options

Your wolves mate could just have been duped by others.
  • Options

I'm surprised his wife hasn't had a mention on here so far........

No TA

• Options
    his past is his past , he hasnt done anything to us others opinions mean nothing to me
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Not into plastic fetishes.

(I'm sure many would 'bang' her, like a drum... but she's not long term material)