Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six Nations 2015

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    England and France are the true winners of this seasons 6 nations tournamont. - what a great game of rugby from from both teams...that's what it is all about...
  • Options

Great game, hated watching it. What were France doing at the end?

As they were behind, I assume still trying to score. They don't care whether England or Ireland win the Championship.

Congratulations to the Irish though.

Six point difference in the end which equates to one penalty from the 19-9 game at the Aviva Stadium. Fine margins and a great six nations.
    I'm sure the French would rather Ireland won than the English!
  • Options
    Fantastic day of rugby.
  • Options
    I'm surprised their fly-half managed to carry on after that tackle by Lawes. That was some hit. The TMO made some interesting decisions.
  • Options
    two things have become clear from this 6 nations, clear at least to me .. 1) None of the 6 are capable of winning the World Cup .. 2) The competition should revert to a 5 nations, Scotland are just clinging on to credibility as a competitive team and Italy should play no further part, they are simply hopeless. One win in a blue moon is not nearly enough to justify their continuance against ever improving British teams, except for Scotland
  • Options

Fantastic day of rugby.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options

Great game, hated watching it. What were France doing at the end?

As they were behind, I assume still trying to score. They don't care whether England or Ireland win the Championship.

Congratulations to the Irish though.

Six point difference in the end which equates to one penalty from the 19-9 game at the Aviva Stadium. Fine margins and a great six nations.
    In the last minute of the Ireland v England game, England, ten points behind, won the ball in front of the posts and threw the ball wide for a score, which was disallowed (correctly) because of a forward pass by Twelvetrees. If they'd scored that, they would still have lost the match, but ended up winning the title (assuming all other results had remained the same) on points difference.

But, here's the interesting thing: if, instead of attempting to score a try (which would not have given England the win anyway), they had taken a simple drop-goal from directly in front of the posts, Ireland would still have won the match, but England would have won the title, with points difference level, having scored eighteen tried to Ireland's eight.
  • Options
    Was in a pub with a group of 25ish French - excellent day
  • Options

two things have become clear from this 6 nations, clear at least to me .. 1) None of the 6 are capable of winning the World Cup .. 2) The competition should revert to a 5 nations, Scotland are just clinging on to credibility as a competitive team and Italy should play no further part, they are simply hopeless. One win in a blue moon is not nearly enough to justify their continuance against ever improving British teams, except for Scotland

I respectfully disagree.

England lost out in the end yesterday but got as close as they did with arguably 3 or 4 of their first choice pack plus the first choice flyhalf missing virtually the whole tournament through injury.

New Zealand will always be favourites but a full strength England will be competitive.

As for Italy they have been as good as Scotland for a few seasons now and are improving now they have found an international threequarter or two to play alongside their competitive pack. Italy have defeated every country except England at least once during their time in the tournament and are no worse equivalently than the Stokes and Swanseas of the Premiership compared to the Chelseas and Arsenals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah, L'entente cordiale!

Ungrateful sods. We invent a game for them, let them participate in the show... I mean, the idiot would be wearing a beret, tugging on a Gauloise and playing an exciting game of Boulle (yawn!) if it weren't for us Rosbeefs!

;0)