Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Six Nations 2015

Comments

• Title decider?
  • Title decider?

100%
  • Title decider?

Yep ...
  • Come on Ireland.
  • England not good at all.
  • 19-3 with 27 minutes left...
  • Very disappointing
  • 19-9 with 12 minutes left
  • That headbutt by Dan Cole! Crunchhhhh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it my imagination, or are England getting absolutely no decisions in this game? It seems the ref can't wait to blow up whenever England threaten. And the two decisions of England players being in touch by the linesman earlier were outrageous.

Think you're right. Even that try just then has been chalked off for a "forward pass".

Nonetheless, Ireland were better and deserved to win.
  • edited March 2015

Is it my imagination, or are England getting absolutely no decisions in this game? It seems the ref can't wait to blow up whenever England threaten. And the two decisions of England players being in touch by the linesman earlier were outrageous.

It's your imagination. :)

Ireland made hard work of that in the second half, not sure if they switched off or if England picked up their game.
  • As an Englishman and supporter I have to acknowledge that Ireland deserved that.

Sexton's all round kicking was a cut above and he had put Ireland in a winning position before he went off. Henshaw did well but if Sexton had lasted the full 80 there was only one Man of The Match.
  • Keith Wood is just saying what I did!
  • Don't get me wrong, Ireland looked the better side and were worthy winners. I'm not saying the ref is bent either - I just think he seemed very fussy when penalising England and less so to Ireland. Not saying I'm right either, that's just how it looked to me.
  • edited March 2015

Is it my imagination, or are England getting absolutely no decisions in this game? It seems the ref can't wait to blow up whenever England threaten. And the two decisions of England players being in touch by the linesman earlier were outrageous.

England lose game in match with Southern hemisphere ref shocker!!!!

How many Irish came in from the side in the ruck on far left leading up to the try? I counted three but they didn't show a replay. The still of the catch for the try seemed to show after initial contact, Irish player did not have control of the ball. Knock on! and there were many. Their closing down had much to do with not being given offside.

In real time we were feeding on scraps but when the ref presents the oppo with most possession for perceived offences you stand little chance.

This is not the first time Southern refs have overseen an England poor "against form" performance.
  • Way too many mistakes ... Ireland deserved it
  • Ireland were better on the day. England could not deal with the predictable high balls and conceded far too many penalties. But what crap TV coverage.... There is a try disallowed in the last minute with not so much as a replay let alone slow-mo or different camera angles. Did not look forward in the live action but guess we will never know now. After the game it wasn't even mentioned. Very poor from the BBC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ireland were better on the day. England could not deal with the predictable high balls and conceded far too many penalties. But what crap TV coverage.... There is a try disallowed in the last minute with not so much as a replay let alone slow-mo or different camera angles. Did not look forward in the live action but guess we will never know now. After the game it wasn't even mentioned. Very poor from the BBC.

It was mentioned after the game, in the studio, Jeremy Guscott said he thought it was a forward pass.
  • Tough game, but one in which Ireland dominated in all areas. Woodward made the point well afterwards. For all the fact that possession was pretty even, Ireland made the better decisions and plays. A little more experience in the key moments. That will come for England and they will be a force in the World Cup.

Too many errors from England at the moment though and I still don't get Ford going for the line instead of the points early in the first. I thought Ireland would be made to pay for not making more of the pressure they had in the first half, but Henshaw took his try superbly. Murray's kick across was spot on, but the take and downing of the ball were first class.

Still a lot to play for and away to Wales next will be a tough one. The door is open for the Welsh now as well. COYBIG
  • TelMc32 said:

Still a lot to play for and away to Wales next will be a tough one. The door is open for the Welsh now as well. COYBIG BROGIB

It was mentioned after the game, in the studio, Jeremy Guscott said he thought it was a forward pass.
    He always comes across very bitter for some reason. As mentioned Ireland were offside on many occasions but not given. Why didn't the Ref go to the TMO for Nowells try?

Anyone but Ireland for the Six Nations.

• Got back late last night. Best weekend away I've had for years, Dublin is back in form.

Never seen so many gorgeous girls out on Saturday night.....was ridiculous at one stage, wave upon wave of em.

Erm, the rugby, well England's tactical kicking was desperate and we just seemed lacking experience and direction.

The Irish, while love sticking it up us are a far better crowd than the mob down in Cardiff the other week.

I have had enough Guinness for the two years until the next match there.....

• edited March 2015
    All set up for a big final weekend after Wales beat Ireland and England beat Scotland.

Wales play Italy, Ireland play Scotland and England play France.

Settled on points difference if I remember right?
  • All set up for a big final weekend after Wales beat Ireland and England beat Scotland.

Wales play Italy, Ireland play Scotland and England play France.

Settled on points difference if I remember right?

As long as the Taffies don't win it (am I allowed to call them that or is it racist?)
  • England made hard work of winning today....
  • Wales are 10-1 if Oddschecker is right.

I'd make them favourites having Italy away, might lump on that.
  • England made hard work of winning today....

Definitely ...should have reached 40 at least