Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Six Nations 2015

Comments

• looks like Ireland's to lose, they should thump the Scots.
    Not convinced Wales will beat Ireland by 21 points, let alone 21 on top of Ireland's margin.
  • Yeah, just seen the table again, was mistaking Wales points difference with Ireland - I make.you right!!
  • I think England blew it against Scotland. Wales beating Ireland gives us a chance, but we needed to pile some points on to have a real chance of winning the title imho.
  • So...

1 England 6pts +37
    2 Ireland 6pts +33
    3 Wales 6pts +12

Italy vs Wales 12:30pm
    Scotland vs Ireland 14:30pm
    England vs France 17:00pm

Going to be a cracking afternoon of Six Nations rugby next Saturday. All games have the Championship riding on it, and are listed in the perfect reverse order.
  • At least we'll know what we have to do when we KO
  • edited March 2015
    Anyone else expecting the English to be steamrollered?
  • France beat Italy 29-0 today so it won't be easy by any means.
  • France are an enigma. Can be shite one day and can beat the world champs the next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't foget ITV
    McBobbin said:

On the basis of what evidence?

I won't be shocked if France win, but I would expect a close game.
  • Was realy confused ths morning when i tuned in to BBC2 and Wales/Ireland was being shown. Knowing that i thought Wales beat the Irish yesterday i watched the highlights, then Ireland won it at the death with a drop goal !!
    Only then did i notice the programme was called 6 Nations rewind and that it was a game from a few years ago! That was a mindf..k early on a sunday norning ;)
  • edited March 2015

Don't foget ITV

McBobbin said:

Good old English pessimism. I sometimes forget that the rugby team aren't the football team or the cricket team. Seriously though, I think we should win, but think Ireland will take the title
  • McBobbin said:

Don't foget ITV

McBobbin said:

Good old English pessimism. I sometimes forget that the rugby team aren't the football team or the cricket team. Seriously though, I think we should win, but think Ireland will take the title
    Ah - you and me both in that case...
  • edited March 2015
    What works in our favour is knowing how many points we will need to win by, rather than sweating on the Ireland score afterwards and hoping Scotland minimise their scoring.

We still do of course but then we can do something about it against France.

It's all in England's hands.
  • The down side is we might know we need to win by say 12 points, and only be ahead by 6 points and change our game plan and give up points to France as we take more risks, rather than sticking to the game plan and accumalating the points.
  • Set up for a great last day. As much as I want an Irish win, I am more optimistic about England's chances than a number of you, by the looks of it. Will be an awful lot of Welsh & Irish glued to that last game at Twickenham. Should be a great day's entertainment.
  • Anyone but the Welsh please
  • PL54 said:

Anyone but the Welsh please

Having been to Cardiff for the Friday night game, am totally in this camp.
  • Anyone but the Irish.
  • Sponsored links:

• "After the excitement of the Reading game, fans can watch the crucial England rugby match against France, which kicks off at 5pm, in Crossbars for free. A special ale is being brought in priced at just £3 per pint."
  • Anyone but the five nations that are not England.
  • Scotland have been losing but have not been getting stuffed and Ireland have not been scoring many tries. France were awful for most of the Italy game. England should be favourites on that evidence. Wales should be too far behind - surely Italy can't be that bad a second time.

1. England 2. Ireland
  • WayneK said:

Anyone but the Irish.

Anyone but the FEW!! :wink:
  • Home advantage should hopefully tip it England's way.

Ireland did a job on England, courtesy of one of the best displays of all round kicking I can remember from Jonathan Sexton, otherwise we might have been looking at a Grand Slam.
  • Wales are taking Italy apart in the second half. Going to make the later games even more interesting.
  • What's the score?
  • This is why I said England blew it against Scotland. 10 or 14 extra points in that game and we'd have had a chance, but not now.
  • PL54 said:

What's the score?

• Well well well.
    I hope that try and conversion makes me eat my words. Still a bit too much to do though in my opinion.