Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton Athletic MATCH THREAD Saturday 17th January 2015

Comments

• Same old Charlton bollocks, an inadequate team of inconsistently average players.

Vetokele Buyens etc are not average players!! Its the fact there's no team spirit at this moment in time!!!
  • Tickets only £13 for a reason. Clueless and imo rudderless. Cheers for our nice pitch Roland.

Not sure what tickets prices that Watford set have anything to do with our management but there you go.
  • Even with friendly commentating it is clear we're playing absolute chite at the moment
    yoni chips for igor, doesn't work
    solly wins a throw to us
    solly takes it#
    finds igor, he is covered
    we get a throw
    igor maybe obstructed there, etheridge suddenly rushing a clearance
    throw to watford
  • Watford have it, walk it out from the back unchallenged
    fouled
  • Can't be bothered anymore glad RD and KM have it all in good hands
  • Missing Jacko's leadership today I feel. Would have helped.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 53s54 seconds ago
    36' Half-chance for Charlton as the ball is aimed towards Vetokele in the area, but he can't quite reach it. | 2-0 #CAFCLive
  • Cathcart works it, on their right
    1-2 all over the place
    deeney fouls TBh there our defensive FK
  • Harriott has had 4 good games in a season and half and I'm wondering why we are losing
  • We have an attacking throw, solly to johan, out of play
  • Sponsored links:

• Every week I fully expect to lose. And seemingly so do the team. Not even surprised.
  • I'm worried about the reception Etheridge will get when he comes down here for the second half. Not a popular man.
  • This is depressing - I think I'll go and do my tax return.
  • this just sums up our week
  • Watford long ball in
    deeney and wiggy challenge
    watford throw
    toser and Cathcart and hoban and others combine, they break and shoot wastefully at etheridge
    we can't find each other, but johan, harriott, we get a shot, well wide
  • Uboat said:

I'm worried about the reception Etheridge will get when he comes down here for the second half. Not a popular man.

Why not? The comms say he's the only reason it's not 4 or 5 nil.
  • Harriott and Wilson need to go and get in the bath. Watt up top with Igor. JBG on left wing.
    Not sure who to go out on the right - I'll have a go if you want - I'm better than Lawrie on today's "showing"
  • We had a shot!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not really surprising tbh. The players have had a tough week to deal with. All over the place at the moment.
  • if this doesnt prove to roland that we need investment on the team i dont know what will
  • Swisdom said:

Harriott and Wilson need to go and get in the bath. Watt up top with Igor. JBG on left wing.
    Not sure who to go out on the right - I'll have a go if you want - I'm better than Lawrie on today's "showing"

We don't have any midfielders on the bench mate. Severly lacking in the squad... I wonder who's fault that is.
  • Cousins defending, a throw to watford on the left, solly away, lawrie helps it out
    watford again attack, deeney there, solly challenges
  • seth plum said:

We had a shot!

Nearer the corner than the goal. Seriously.

• Welling 0-2 Alfreton
  • Cousins shoots...
    I duck...
    I'm standing near the corner flag!
    Shades of Wrexham 6-1
    "we want Roland out, say we want Roland out" is quite catchy though :)
  • What becomes of the broken hearted?
  • if this doesnt prove to roland that we need investment on the team i dont know what will

Needs investment yes, however, on paper , top 11 are not bad - just needs some 1) Direction 2) Confidence
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!