Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton Athletic MATCH THREAD Saturday 17th January 2015

Comments

• We are on the slide into relegation battle , piss poor .
  • No spirit in this side and that's the worry, with no spirit and in fighting comes no back bone and commitment. Expect this to continue for some time
  • Derby 1-2 Nottm Forest FT

Brighton 0-1 Brentford HT
    Fulham 0-0 Reading HT
    Leeds 0-1 Birmingham HT
    Middlesbrough 0-0 Huddersfield HT
    Millwall 1-2 Ipswich HT
    Norwich 3-0 Cardiff HT
    Rotherham 0-1 Bournemouth HT
    Sheff Wed 1-2 Bolton HT
    Watford 3-0 Charlton HT
    Wigan 0-1 Blackburn HT
    Wolves 0-0 Blackpool HT
  • Going well
  • Watt on pitch warming up. Just signed a few autographs too.
  • Sounds wrong I know ... But I really hope we got trolloped 6/7-0 now for everyone in the footballing world to take note. We're losing our club completely
  • just shows that the players are completely out of their depth bar JBG, Solly and Wiggins ! how Wilson still gets a game is beyond me!
  • Vincenzo said:

If Roland was as decisive as Katrien suggested, he'd sack himself right now.

He is decisive. Unfortunately he decides he's always right.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

just shows that the players are completely out of their depth bar JBG, Solly and Wiggins ! how Wilson still gets a game is beyond me!

Because we don't have enough midfielders mate.
  • At the moment it looks for all the world we're like Wolves a couple of seasons ago when they were relegated.
    Maybe Guy Luzon is going to be our Dean Saunders?
  • Vincenzo said:

If Roland was as decisive as Katrien suggested, he'd sack himself right now.

Or recommend the club be sold to someone that can take us to the next level (competing in Championship). It'll be interesting to see just what RD decides to do now. Will he give Guy some money to secure Championship football or make the squad limp along with a now genuine risk that relegation might/will be the outcome. A problem is, with the team in free fall, who would want to come unless they were offered top money, or RD moves them from one of his other clubs 'by request'.
  • sammy391 said:

just shows that the players are completely out of their depth bar JBG, Solly and Wiggins ! how Wilson still gets a game is beyond me!

We wouldn't need so many midfielders if we put the opposition defence under a bit of pressure...
  • If someone offers us 21st place now i'll snap their hand off. I just hope there are 3 sides worse than us, but I'm beginning to wonder.
  • sammy391 said:

We'd be better off with Church than Wilson. And I mean Charlotte bleedin' Church.....
  • Charlton are out, but the connection is lost. switching to watford coverage for the moment.
  • edited January 2015

sammy391 said:

solly played their the other day , Muldoon was on the bench last week ,.... moussa ? munns? vetokele can play on the wing when needed ...
    Under 21's have got cumberbatch and Gerrard too
    don't think its a case of not enough midfields mate , just no bollocks by who ever picking the team and certainly none of the players have any!
  • No changes for us.
  • edited January 2015
    As others have said....not angry, just sad and deflated. We're fucked.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

We wouldn't need so many midfielders if we put the opposition defence under a bit of pressure...
    That's the crux of our problem. If we don't have four midfielders that are collectively good enough to deal with an opposition five, how do we go about putting the opposition defence under a bit of pressure without exposing our currently fragile defence?
  • We are back.
    but watt for wilson
  • edited January 2015
    We are soft through to the core.
  • Sub at HT: Wilson off, Watt on.
  • philcafc said:

If someone offers us 21st place now i'll snap their hand off. I just hope there are 3 sides worse than us, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Yann to send us down on the last day of the season?
  • we kick off, watford clear and attack us, TBh out for a watford throw
  • God knows what's going to happen this half. Hang on tight all.
  • Back with cafc player
    watford attack we get ball out for a throw.
    in the area, out to watt, we boot it up to nobody
  • No anger just realisation of how bad it really is
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    CHANGE: Tony Watt is on for the second half to replace Lawrie Wilson. Gudmundsson out to the right. We're off and under way | 3-0 #CAFCLive
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!