Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton Athletic MATCH THREAD Saturday 17th January 2015

Comments

• Let's face it, it was game over after 15 mins.
  • Palace level - great!
  • Etheridge long, watford get it, on the right, bikey there, and now solly, but ball out for their thrwo
  • philcafc said:

If someone offers us 21st place now i'll snap their hand off. I just hope there are 3 sides worse than us, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Yann to send us down on the last day of the season?
    That would be the ultimate middle finger to Roland.
  • sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

just shows that the players are completely out of their depth bar JBG, Solly and Wiggins ! how Wilson still gets a game is beyond me!

Because we don't have enough midfielders mate.
    solly played their the other day , Muldoon was on the bench last week ,.... moussa ? munns? vetokele can play on the wing when needed ...
    Under 21's have got cumberbatch and Gerrard too
    don't think its a case of not enough midfields mate , just no bollocks by who ever picking the team and certainly none of the players have any!
    Players out of position is not the answer, we need round pegs for round holes.
  • edited January 2015
    sammy391 said:

just shows that the players are completely out of their depth bar JBG, Solly and Wiggins ! how Wilson still gets a game is beyond me!

But this just sums up what is wrong - last season Wilson was runner up POTY. In the Championship. He is a perfectly capable player at this level. All about management and confidence.
  • philcafc said:

If someone offers us 21st place now i'll snap their hand off. I just hope there are 3 sides worse than us, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Yann to send us down on the last day of the season?
    Or Arter, or...Francis.
  • Solly defends, another throw
    deeney links, but we shovel it away, igor cut out, but our throw, solly to watt, crowded out, watford ball, they attack at will, but bikey there
  • sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

solly played their the other day , Muldoon was on the bench last week ,.... moussa ? munns? vetokele can play on the wing when needed ...
    don't think its a case of not enough midfields mate , just no bollocks by who ever picking the team and certainly none of the players have any!
    only players out of position are solly and vetokele ... I make that 5 other players capable of playing in midfield , and by heck id have them all over Wilson any day!
  • Watford on the left now
    johan turned, solly beaten but TBh there
    deeney there, and etheridge saves a snap shot
    corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Credit to the Charlton fans who have not stopped singing all afternoon. "Tony Watt, Watt, Watt" the current chant from the away end. #cafc
  • OK, its Etheridge and Solly v watford today.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 50s51 seconds ago
    50' Deeney spins in the area and gets a shot away, but Etheridge blocks it for a corner. | 3-0 #CAFCLive
  • Watford attack again, watt comes back to help
    gets a cheer
    our throw on the left
    wiggy
    down line
    igor cut out, and watford build again, on the right, but mis place it, our throw
  • We only need 2 or 3 players to be a really good team. :joy:

Bollocks do we. We are fecking chuff.
  • Well in Piggott
  • piggot just scored for southend!
  • Piggott scores for Southend , sums us up really as a club.
  • harriott has a shot, but well wide
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds wrong I know ... But I really hope we got trolloped 6/7-0 now for everyone in the footballing world to take note. We're losing our club completely

What the fuck would that achieve?

Would someone come in and say - ohh I'll buy them now and spend millions on players.

What a ridiculous statement

• Pigott scores? Let's bring him back in and ruin his confidence.
  • Great attacking subsitution at 3 down
    Ffs sort it charlton this is f##king embarrasing
  • Our throw
    keeper now, long, watt beaten, watford attack with deeney, solly there, cross leads to watford corner.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 35s35 seconds ago
    52' Good feet from Harriott to get away from three men before a right-footed shot is wide of the post. | 3-0 #CAFCLive
  • Corner to come in, low, and TBH clears, but Watford get it
  • deeney there now, watford pose danger, cross, but harmless
  • edited January 2015
    sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

only players out of position are solly and vetokele ... I make that 5 other players capable of playing in midfield , and by heck id have them all over Wilson any day!
    Wilson didn't turn this shit over night, there is a wider issue. Besides, Moussa has shown nothing when he has had a game the rest would be a massive gamble. Bringing hopefuls into a team this bereft of confidence could have damaging consequences long term.
  • We are upfield, watford clear, have loads of time on the ball, passing it around at will, harriott beaten, wiggy there to clear just, not really away, ball comes back again
  • Watford Observer ‏@Observer_Owl 23m23 minutes ago
    Half time and #WatfordFC lead 3-0 against Charlton thanks to goals from Cathcart, Deeney & Ighalo. Hornets very good. Charlton very poor.

Anthony Matthews ‏@Ant_WatfordObs 22m22 minutes ago
    #WatfordFC playing with a much better intensity and their efforts deservedly rewarded. Charlton totally abject for the most part.

Andrew Gibson ‏@AndyGiBBo 21m21 minutes ago
    Charlton are woeful, this could be 6 or 7. Parades, Layun and Ighalo all quality today though. #watfordfc

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!