Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton Athletic MATCH THREAD Saturday 17th January 2015

Comments

• Dover 3-1 Dartford
  • Harriott scuffs it right footed back into our own danger zone. Is there a brain in that head?
  • Watford attack on the right, we half clear to igor, watford again and solly, watt, johan, watt, cousins, and gomes gets there first, and they counter attack us
    wiggy defends
    watford come again
    anys and deeney
    toser shot, off for a corner to watford
  • sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

just shows that the players are completely out of their depth bar JBG, Solly and Wiggins ! how Wilson still gets a game is beyond me!

Because we don't have enough midfielders mate.
    solly played their the other day , Muldoon was on the bench last week ,.... moussa ? munns? vetokele can play on the wing when needed ...
    Under 21's have got cumberbatch and Gerrard too
    don't think its a case of not enough midfields mate , just no bollocks by who ever picking the team and certainly none of the players have any!
    Players out of position is not the answer, we need round pegs for round holes.
    only players out of position are solly and vetokele ... I make that 5 other players capable of playing in midfield , and by heck id have them all over Wilson any day!
    Wilson didn't turn this shit over night, there is a wider issue. Besides, Moussa has shown nothing when he has had a game the rest would be a massive gamble. Bringing hopefuls into a team this bereft of confidence could have damaging consequences long term. It would be a massive gamble.
    I agree , but he hasn't particularly ever been amazingly 'consistent' ...
    id rather have a 'hopeful' with neutral confidence over someone with poor confidence!
  • I think team spirit is biggest problem. This lot are more talented than the team that came ninth under Powell. The difference is that team wanted to work together. That team has been broken up. Team spirit is just as important at this level as it is in Charlton Park.

Agreed, cannot see Luzon being able to inspire that confidence in players though.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 27s28 seconds ago
    56' Good interchange between Watt and Gudmundsson launches an attack, but Cousins can't reach the through-ball. | 3-0 #CAFCLive
  • We assemble for this corner
    ball in
    BOLLOCKS 4-0
  • Man marking sees us concede from the corner. 4-0
  • Mets blâme Wilson again
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-0, could be double figures....
  • what an absolute team of bottle jobs!
  • edited January 2015
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 31s31 seconds ago
    Goal! 4-0 here at Vicarage Road. | #CAFCLive

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial now3 seconds ago
    58' Poor goal to concede a corner is swung in from the right and Ighalo loses his marker to head home his second. | 4-0 #CAFCLive
  • As sad as it is. Our destiny now lies in the hands of Luzon. What a depressing thought.
  • Doing this particular match thread is ripping my heart out.
  • Getting a bit ugly in the crowd now. Toxic atmosphere.
  • 4-0

Whichever wanker thought zonal marking was a good idea - hang your head in shame.

Though I can't tell if we are playing zonal marking, man marking or just holding each others dicks.

Spectacular defending to concede against a dwarf

• That is all the wheels off the network bus already..
  • seth plum said:

Doing this particular match thread is ripping my heart out.

Yeah. We want our RM back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watford attack again, we get a chance for watt, he attacks but is stopped.
    our throw
    in the corner, solly but ball out for a watford throw
  • Swisdom said:

4-0

Whichever wanker thought zonal marking was a good idea - hang your head in shame.

Though I can't tell if we are playing zonal marking, man marking or just holding each others dicks.

Comms say man marking, as does CAFC twitter.
  • edited January 2015
    This is the team Guy Lose-one trained this week…
    OMG.
  • Swisdom said:

4-0

Comms say man marking, as does CAFC twitter.
    Sounds like we can't do either then!! :(
  • It's been said before, but we as a club, from what's going on behind the scenes to what's going on the pitch are an absolute shambles at the moment.
  • let's hope no one gets sent off
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!