Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford vs Charlton | Sat 17th Jan 2015 | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Scoreline might indicate how many wheels have fallen off the network bus.

7:0 ?????
  • My Team would be

---------------- Dmitrovic
    Solly------Ben Haim-------Bikey-------Wiggins
    ---------------- Buyens
    Gudmundsson---------------------Bulot/Harriott
    ---------------- Cousins
    --------Vetokele----------Watt

With that side, I could see us bagging 1 or 2 goals :wink:

Put Tucudean in and we'll be lucky to nick one.

• Guy likes to play 4-4-2 but I don't think we've got the players to do that. It'll be Ben and Damian's team this week as the new HC doesn't know the players. I expect they'll be trying to impress but I'm going for a narrow 2-1 defeat with a much improved performance. My team for tomorrow

Dimmy
    Solly
    TBH
    Bikey
    Wiggo
    JBG
    Yoni
    Jacko
    Harriott
    Church
    Watt

Good luck Guy. COYA
  • Going to stick a tenner on 1-4. We are 2 up at half time, Jackson and JBG. They pull one back after the break. We settle it at 70 or so mins through Igor and Watt puts the icing on the cake in stoppage time.
  • edited January 2015
    Can't see past a 5-0 defeat for Eurocharlton. But a moral victory for the British jobs for British managers Curbishlistas.
  • For every Craggs and Reed there is a Lawrence and a Curbishley. Here's hoping that Luzon is in the latter category.
    2-2 draw.
  • Feeling more positive about CAFC than I did a couple of days ago so I've just popped down and got my ticket. 2-1 defeat but an improved performance.
  • cabbles said:

COYA!
    I always like these plenty of shots. They are one of the real gems of this forum. I always enjoy the trips down memory lane. Keep 'em coming
    Couldn't agree more
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

My Team would be

---------------- Buyens
    ---------------- Cousins

Bulot still in Africa for the cup of nations??
  • 2-2... Tony Watt Watt Watt x2.
  • edited January 2015

"4-2 we've had more managers than you" sing the watford fans. (this season)

On the field,
    Watford take some chances, unlike the valley match and score 3 after we take a surprise lead from a corner.

3-1

The first half the Charlton sing "we want our Charlton back"
    The second half it changes to " Sing when we Luzon, we only sing when we're Luzon.
  • God knows, don't care but am going.

My mission for the day is to break @Medders‌ and @carlsberg‌ with my wit and putdowns.
  • Hope Yoni Buyens has a good game - we're probably slightly overdue one of his fantastic performances.

Alongside Ben Haim, he's one of the best players we have at the club.

A midfield of Yohann-Buyens-Cousins-Harriot looks strong to me. If Igor and Watt display some of their magic that we've already seen, this game isn't quite the write-off we suspect it might be.

That said I still think we'll lose 3-0
  • Really looking forward to this. Will be my first game since Norwich away! COYA
  • Sitting in the home end as my uncle is Watford. I want to see a convincing win... Actually f*ck it. Any win will do! 1-0, Vetokele to bundle one over the line.
  • Really could do with a win. Really could do with a draw. Actually just a half decent performance would be encouraging. First goal as always will be crucial and if we can get it....we won't. 2-0 Watford and an unhappy noisy away end.
  • Going with my girlfriend, who lives in Watford! Not far to travel either side of our miserable 2-0 defeat. I've been promised birdwatching in the park beforehand if my leg holds up. That may well transpire to be the highlight.
  • Sponsored links:

• So is the Wetherspoons on the High Street where the travelling hordes are going to be pre-match?
  • Big_Bob said:

Dazzler21 said:

My Team would be

---------------- Buyens
    ---------------- Cousins

Well here's a thing, I saw a @CafcOfficial tweet yesterday that we had cancelled Bulot's contract, but I cannot now find it, either on Twitter, or on the OS.
  • Watching the people get lairy
    It's not very pretty I tell thee
    Walking through Charlton's quite scary
    It's not very sensible either
    Guy Luzon's a man to get beaten
    He only wants to sneer at us
    Would never have happened to Peeters
    Or even Jose Riga…
    I predict a riot
    I predict a riot
    I predict a riot
    I predict a riot

(Another binary scoreline: 0 - 1).
  • edited January 2015

Big_Bob said:

Dazzler21 said:

My Team would be

---------------- Buyens
    ---------------- Cousins

Well here's a thing, I saw a @CafcOfficial tweet yesterday that we had cancelled Bulot's contract, but I cannot now find it, either on Twitter, or on the OS.
    I expect he's off to Ujpest.

Edit: better add a smiley!
  • Cant see anything but a thrashing for us 5-0 the events of this week plus the direction our club is going will prove this....and those idiots who laughed at Millwall a few weeks ago will be very quite indeed.
  • Cant see anything but a thrashing for us 5-0 the events of this week plus the direction our club is going will prove this....and those idiots who laughed at Millwall a few weeks ago will be very quite indeed.

Idiots?

Steady on Chippy.
  • Had the chance to go to this but just cannot get myself motivated.

Not really the RD /KM stuff stopping me but my personal mindset all round. It's all I can do to force myself to go to work and get through the working day at the moment let alone do anything I don't have to do.

I need to sort myself out pronto.

Anyway I forecast my Watford supporting mate (who sees more of Charlton) will see his team win comfortably so just as well I won't be in the home end.

• Sounds like you have given up hope...which means you'll win!

Our manager will be after a reaction following our very poor performance last weekend in which he really laid into the side.

Trouble is they probably didn't understand a word the bloke said!

If we start with Vydra in his current "form" we'll be down to 10 already..