Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford vs Charlton | Sat 17th Jan 2015 | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Don't see anything changing too much just yet. 2-0 Watford.
  • (T)Watford have seemingly thrived despite several managerial changes, let's hope that we can do the same. (T)Watford has a strong squad, ours might well be back to nigh on full strength except for the vital GK position.

The wind of change indicates that we are due a result .. we've done well at Twatford recently, we're a bit of a bogey team for them .. so we'll bogey some more on Saturday and win this one. Come on CAFC footballers, show some bottle and grit

Watford 1 v CAFC 2
  • Where's Super Horns?

Whadya think, mate?

• Hopefully we will have the famous 'new manager bounce'......and walk away with an opening win for GL, I'm predicting 1-2 Addicks.

I will not be available to do the match thread until the Wolves game, sorry, but I will be obeying Dr's orders and be out of my home for the day, wont even be able to hear the game either!! Hope when get back I'm not to disappointed in the result!!! COYR's!!
  • The Luzon era will begin as the Riga era did - 0-0.

Also if you go to the game on the 18th as the preview alludes to, you'll miss it.
  • If Watford score first I can't see us winning, a draw from that position would be an achievement, but wouldn't be good enough, just treading water.
    In many ways this is a must win game, if only because we are sliding further towards a relegation battle otherwise, and also because if Roland knows best, then we are supposed to get a win under his sparkling new appointment are we not?
    Completely unpredictable in many ways, but if I had to bet, it would be on a Watford win, and the clock starts ticking for Luzon.
  • Watford 3 vs 0 Roland Athletic
  • edited January 2015
    Reckon we will win 9-0 and Luzon will chaired to the rapturous away support by the team grateful that he has miraculously saved their footballing careers in a mere 3 days. The cold low grey winter clouds will part over Vicarage Road and an intense glorious beam of light will illuminate RD standing serenely in the centre circle arms outstretched in a state of grace. Meanwhile three wise men bearing gifts of frank...

Ok I'll stop as I cannot spell Frankincense!
  • 2-0 Watford.

I would like to see a new formation and system although I know that takes time to develop on the training field first.

Something like this a 3-4-1-2.

Etheridge
    Gomez TBH Bikey
    Solly Buyens/Jackson Cousins Wiggins
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele Watt
  • Sponsored links:

• AddickRam said:

2-0 Watford.

I would like to see a new formation and system although I know that takes time to develop on the training field first.

Something like this a 3-4-1-2.

Etheridge
    Gomez TBH Bikey
    Solly Buyens/Jackson Cousins Wiggins
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele Watt

You should have been the new manager, Ram - not Luzon.

;o)
  • Too early for Luzon. Players respond to Peeters departure with a gutsy display but still go down 2 - 0
  • edited January 2015
    All of a sudden I'm feeling very positive. I think the players might well come out all guns blazing with a renewed vigour.

Hopefully Luzon will leave the tactics up to the people who were already here and just focus on being a motivational force from the sidelines for this one.

Can we nick the points? That might be a stretch but as long as we see some guts and some heart from a squad that wants to play for the manager, I'll consider it a step in the right direction.
  • Agree with JaShea99, think itl be a 0-0 just like Jose. Think both sides will have plenty of chances but neither will make the breakthrough. Il be very interested to see Guy's lineup and who he puts in goal. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised or be angry to see Dmitrovic in goal, we don't really have any other time to test him as we are out of the cup so heel have to get a league game at some point, why not saturday?
  • It would be interesting to see a Wiggins, TBH, Gomez Solly back four. I feel that Bikeys distribution has been woeful and stepping down a place might get him back to his early season best.
  • Shrew said:

It would be interesting to see a Wiggins, TBH, Gomez Solly back four. I feel that Bikeys distribution has been woeful and stepping down a place might get him back to his early season best.

I'll leave it to you to give Bikey the news ;-)
  • Much confusion amongst the players as they are told to mark players rather than zones. Watt forgets he is told to cover the front and back post alternately and his own goal costs us dearly. Late goal thwarts our late rally. Luzon explains that the Championship is tough in the post-match press conference. CL split between "we're doomed" and "Watford away's a tough one".
  • I haven't got a clue what will happen! will the players put on a show to impress the new manager? Are they as p!ssed off as most fans, hence won't get out of third gear? Will players play in their preferred positions?

I just hope that Luzon and his coaching team have a better idea than me.
  • The team that really winds us up with their moody foreign owners , diving foreign footballers , moody loans etc will lose

Yep you guessed it 3-0 Watford
  • Lets be honest, win or lose the result will have bugger all to do with Luzon.

If Watford do not win this given all the turmoil our squad have been through this week we are in a much better state than I thought. I will also give credit to Mathew and co for their work.

I suspect that the 'leaders' in the dressing room who were calling for changes will get them - and will consequently doing their level best to make them work.

Tough game that I am not expecting anything from, but it is a funny old game.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest you will have to be an experienced Charlton basketcase to even guess at this one. For me, prayer will take precedence over having a punt.
  • Who the hell knows!

• Scoreline might indicate how many wheels have fallen off the network bus.
  • Watford are good at home
    You could say we're in turmoil

3-0 to the hornets
  • edited January 2015

Scoreline might indicate how many wheels have fallen off the network bus.

And how well the Watford quasi-network model is working.
  • Cousins and Buyens in central midfield is a must. I would try and balance us up with JBG and Harriott on the wings. Igor (if fit - if not Church) and Watt up front.

Quite like the idea of TBH and Gomez in defence. If Watford have a lump then I would say it may not be quite time for Joe - not sure? Can see the new goalie starting as well.

Our slide down the table is becoming alarming, and we must stop it soon.

Sadly, I dont think it will happen here.

• Scoreline might indicate how many wheels have fallen off the network bus.

Or many wheels have been reattached to the network bus, now BP has gone?
  • Charlestown Athletes 0-4 Watford Gap

• I'd prefer Harriott nowhere near the first team tbh
  • Udineseford 3 - 1 Charlton liege