Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MOANERS

Comments

• Are our first instincts right when we first see someone or meet them ?

Looking back on what i said at the time Roland took over and knowing a little of what happened at standard.

Does he just want to turn us into the CAFC of the south. (Crewe Alexandra)
    where the main aim is to have a top academy where you make your money by selling the top talent to
    Prem teams after they make between 30 to 60 apps ? (what the real Murdoch says backs up this theory)
    we then yo-yo between the 1st and championship.

The trouble is most are struggling at this stage to be good enough for the champ let alone the Prem.
    apart from gomez.

Despite how much money is to be had in the prem the wages the players receive would eat into any profit Roland would want to make.

I would rather people have their say on a forum and get behind the team on match days.

!00% support to AFKABartram for all his good work on this site.

• I think we are all unhappy but what is there to do? Rather than using social media to vent peoples unhappiness why not gather outside the west stand after the next game and let them know how you really feel ( something i would not do at present may i add )
    Tearing up season tickets in the privacy of your own home is going to achieve what? (just one of the things i have heard on twatter and forums)
    Why not go to the Valley and tear the bloody thing up in front of Katrien.

Or alternatively demonstrate your support for Roland and Luzon with a banner or march.

Either way I agree that protests or support from a keyboard only goes so far.
    Ironically I find that it relieves a lot of stress. Sometimes spouting off on here or writing something on a blog that is very critical and, on occasion, spiteful makes me feel better. I'm fully aware of the fact that neither KM nor RD are interested in reading what I write and couldn't care less what I think, but I'd rather mouth off in writing on a forum or blog than be angry around my family or friends.
  • Bit uneasy over the comments this topic received to be honest with you. It's refreshing to hear something different even if I disagree with the view personally.

I've taken a break (well as much as I can, it's a bit of an addiction) since all this news broke. The way the fella was so quickly shot down by everyone from regular posters to moderators makes me feel I should extend my break to Saturday when we can start talking about the football again.

He did call us/them "...negative, whinging drama queens" Callum - I think people are perfectly entitled to defend their position and fight fire with fire if they want to.

He also said Luzon has "won something" - technically he hasn't - read the book, as they say.

How would the appointment of an English manager have signalled the end of the plan - where is the plan? Can I have a look at it too, and see where it says "We will never appoint an English manager"?

His belief that a Premiership (sic) push is the goal is just that, a belief, no more valid than mine, another negative whinger or the bloke on the Clapham omnibus. There was no mention of that at the press conference as I recall? Of course long term that's got to be the aim, but Murdoch/Bexley Dan's inference was that it was this season.

He also wrote: "What do u lot all want- success on the pitch or 100% transparency / being in the know?" . Well right now we are getting neither.
    Should check your facts before posting. Won the toto cup (israel league cup) in 2003/04.
    Technically he was won the Toto Cup as both a manager and a player - according to Wikipedia.
  • Strong correlation between the moaners and those who actually go regularly.

• Will he real Murdoch please stand up?

• Will he real Murdoch please stand up?

• It is time for more addicks to stand up. Those who believe that the network is ripping the soul out of Charlton and that it will only bring failure need to act in whatever way they can until organised opposition develops further. Forget that some have their heads in the sand as they will beneift too in the long run.

The only way forward is for new owners to save the club and that will only happen when the network is ready to sell. It is down to Charlton fans to bring that day closer.

Every fan will have a differwent way to do this. For me as I dont for example have spare millions, dont want to create a disturbance at the Valley etc, is by not going to home games. The smaller the crowd the closer the day the network will sell (Cardiff fan got their blue back partly by not going eg 4000 at the cup tie).

Do whatever you can but start doing it now. And never mind the abuse you will get from the headsanders.
  • Bit uneasy over the comments this topic received to be honest with you. It's refreshing to hear something different even if I disagree with the view personally.

I've taken a break (well as much as I can, it's a bit of an addiction) since all this news broke. The way the fella was so quickly shot down by everyone from regular posters to moderators makes me feel I should extend my break to Saturday when we can start talking about the football again.

He did call us/them "...negative, whinging drama queens" Callum - I think people are perfectly entitled to defend their position and fight fire with fire if they want to.

He also said Luzon has "won something" - technically he hasn't - read the book, as they say.

How would the appointment of an English manager have signalled the end of the plan - where is the plan? Can I have a look at it too, and see where it says "We will never appoint an English manager"?

His belief that a Premiership (sic) push is the goal is just that, a belief, no more valid than mine, another negative whinger or the bloke on the Clapham omnibus. There was no mention of that at the press conference as I recall? Of course long term that's got to be the aim, but Murdoch/Bexley Dan's inference was that it was this season.

He also wrote: "What do u lot all want- success on the pitch or 100% transparency / being in the know?" . Well right now we are getting neither.
    Should check your facts before posting. Won the toto cup (israel league cup) in 2003/04.
    Technically he was won the Toto Cup as both a manager and a player - according to Wikipedia.
    I was referring to his managerial career m'lud... (and managed to get that wrong).
  • "There are no moaners at this club"
  • Sponsored links:

• Changing my account from 'Grumpy Addick' to 'Drama Queen' (or maybe keep both and have a sort of weird dual personality).

Grumpy queen?
  • Is Murdoch the one in the red jacket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3SfSBjo7YE
  • edited January 2015
    Murdoch said:

The real Murdoch is back and I have to say what a stir Bexley Dan has caused!!

It's good that peoples history is transparent on this site but in the real world things are a little different.
    Imagine if you are a Standard Liege fan and you find out that your club has been stripped of its assets to fund a championship side in the England getting into the premier league!!

This is my theory based on our commercially driven owners. I must say the club has really improved since their takeover. I have kids in the Academy and I am at the training ground every day except Fridays. It has improved immensely since the takeover and will continue to as this is so important to the 'masterplan.'

The club had to change and there is no turning back now. Lets hope it works out and we get a bit of success with hopefully a bit more home grown talent coming through.

Murdoch, can you expand upon :-

" I must say the club has really improved since their takeover. I have kids in the Academy and I am at the training ground every day except Fridays. It has improved immensely since the takeover and will continue to as this is so important to the masterplan."
  • I think we are all unhappy but what is there to do? Rather than using social media to vent peoples unhappiness why not gather outside the west stand after the next game and let them know how you really feel ( something i would not do at present may i add )
    Tearing up season tickets in the privacy of your own home is going to achieve what? (just one of the things i have heard on twatter and forums)
    Why not go to the Valley and tear the bloody thing up in front of Katrien.

Or alternatively demonstrate your support for Roland and Luzon with a banner or march.

Either way I agree that protests or support from a keyboard only goes so far.
    Ironically I find that it relieves a lot of stress. Sometimes spouting off on here or writing something on a blog that is very critical and, on occasion, spiteful makes me feel better. I'm fully aware of the fact that neither KM nor RD are interested in reading what I write and couldn't care less what I think, but I'd rather mouth off in writing on a forum or blog than be angry around my family or friends.
    I agree.

It's more the "someone should protest" or "someone should make a banner" remarks.

No, "You" do it, don't just talk about it on social media and expect someone else to do it for you.
  • Murdoch said:

The real Murdoch is back and I have to say what a stir Bexley Dan has caused!!

It's good that peoples history is transparent on this site but in the real world things are a little different.
    Imagine if you are a Standard Liege fan and you find out that your club has been stripped of its assets to fund a championship side in the England getting into the premier league!!

This is my theory based on our commercially driven owners. I must say the club has really improved since their takeover. I have kids in the Academy and I am at the training ground every day except Fridays. It has improved immensely since the takeover and will continue to as this is so important to the 'masterplan.'

The club had to change and there is no turning back now. Lets hope it works out and we get a bit of success with hopefully a bit more home grown talent coming through.

Murdoch, can you expand upon :-

" I must say the club has really improved since their takeover. I have kids in the Academy and I am at the training ground every day except Fridays. It has improved immensely since the takeover and will continue to as this is so important to the masterplan."
    This is exactly the kind of thing the club should be expanding upon themselves. Ultimately, the thing by which any ownership/management regime will be mostly judged is on field success for the first team, but if RD and KM want us to believe in the 'master plan' and understand how they are investing, why aren't we being told more about positive things this?

A simple feature in the programme or on the OS with photos of the improvements at Sparrows Lane and perhaps interviews with Avory or Euell or even some of the kids' parents (after all, they should be more impartial than a club employee). Or perhaps a video tour for the YouTube channel or Player site. Things like this will do far more from a PR perspective with the fans than newspaper interviews in which the club tries to spin half-truths to make them look less bad. There's clearly factual happenings that actually make them look good - why aren't they drawing more people's attention to it?

A clearer more open presentation of what the 'master plan' is wouldn't go a miss either. It's like they're runnng scared of what the fans will think, when in actuality if they are just open and honest they might find they have a much more understanding and supportive fan base than they seem to think.
  • Can we go back to moaning?

First page and half was riveting.

The rest was like reading an amazing book, to find out the ending was pony.
  • The only difference I've seen in the training ground is that some days you can get a cup of tea. The tea stall was closed on Monday though. Apart from that there's been no change at all I'm afraid.
  • The only difference I've seen in the training ground is that some days you can get a cup of tea. The tea stall was closed on Monday though. Apart from that there's been no change at all I'm afraid.

Tea stall staff were being interviewed for the vacant managers position.

• Sponsored links:

Ha, I guess that's why they're not making a song and dance about it then!
  • Strong correlation between the moaners and those who actually go regularly.

Agreed and the moaning had almost turned into a resigned silence at the brighton game - nobody was expecting to see either a win or attacking football and bob had hinted at a return to defensive solidity to get us nicking games again as we had at the start - well if watching the last 3 months had been like pulling teeth how was the remainder of the season going to pan out? Thank god they acted swiftly. I like this forum and respect those that run it so my choice of words yesterday admitedly wasn't ideal but i really do think that a lot on here need to take a step back and accept that our new owners have nothing to gain from not making a success of our club so lets cut them some slack shall we. Nit picking about what they have and haven't told us or who they were or weren't going to interview is tedious really isn't it - i think our new owners are under the illusion that most football fans just worry about performances on the pitch and can you blame them? - Bexley Dan
  • edited January 2015

Sorry if I've missed something @AFKABartram, but I don't see why it was necessary or relevant to highlight @Murdoch's posting history?
    He/she is just posting an opinion, right? Does it matter how often he/she posts?
    Should we all expect an analysis of our posting habits everytime we say something that's not popular? I'm genuinely wondering if you're looking up my history now! :neutral_face:

Never trust anyone with more LOLs than Likes

: - )
    You were saying Henners?
    :wink:
  • I'm amazed that someone actually has the time to check the amount of posts made by any one individual and, as said above, one is free to come and go as much or as little as one likes so get off his case!
    As regards moaning, all the moaners don't appear to have an alternative to the current situation anyway but just jump on the knee jerking instant reaction of complete negativity to anything/anyone concerned with our football club. Give it a rest and be positive, you may enjoy your life a little more that way

• Changing my account from 'Grumpy Addick' to 'Drama Queen' (or maybe keep both and have a sort of weird dual personality).

Grumpy queen?
    That I like. I might get a special costume made too.

• stevec said:

I'm amazed that someone actually has the time to check the amount of posts made by any one individual and, as said above, one is free to come and go as much or as little as one likes so get off his case!
    As regards moaning, all the moaners don't appear to have an alternative to the current situation anyway but just jump on the knee jerking instant reaction of complete negativity to anything/anyone concerned with our football club. Give it a rest and be positive, you may enjoy your life a little more that way

Well, I mentioned one on another thread - don't call a press conference when the new incumbent has not even met his players or staff, or apparently discussed purchasing strategy with the owner, and leave him looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Here's another - actually spend some time vetting and interviewing potential new managers and see what they have to offer, talk to people with experience in English second tier football before making a decision.

And another, as you bring up the subject of knee-jerk reactions, don't write an article in the programme supporting Big Bob and then sack him after one more match. That was either a knee-jerk reaction, or Katrien knew she was spinning us a line when she wrote it. No good being transparent when it is not actually true.

I am sure others have expressed other alternatives on other threads too.
  • stevec said:

I'm amazed that someone actually has the time to check the amount of posts made by any one individual

@stevec‌ you do know if you click on someone's user name it tells you the number of their posts. It wasn't an extensive project, honest !

• stevec said:

I'm amazed that someone actually has the time to check the amount of posts made by any one individual

@stevec‌ you do know if you click on someone's user name it tells you the number of their posts. It wasn't an extensive project, honest !

Or as he is now known. Stevec328.
  • red_murph said:

stevec said:

Thanks didn't know that so stand corrected and comment withdrawn
  • stevec said:

red_murph said:

stevec said:

Thanks didn't know that so stand corrected and comment withdrawn
    Neither did I to be fair Steve.

Murph1603 ;0)