Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mondays Club Statement

124»

Comments

• What are these quotes from Ketts about Big Bob? Am I missing something?

The squad unhappy after he publicly criticised yet another player after the Ipswich game, this time TBH. Completely lost the players, with senior members of the squad going to the board. They all thought he was out of his depth, despite Bob overestimating his own ability. That's the gist of it.
    And yet he didn't appoint himself.
    Very true Airman. Which is why it's crucial the board / RD / KM or whoever is irresponsible for appointing our next head coach does their research this time.
  • “We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.
    It seems as vision for the next appointment is something bigger than when hiring Big Bob, obviously they are still learning about the league and how it runs but this certain parts makes me believe they are looking for a good pedigree with previous experience or potential.
    Only read as far as this post but the thought that came to mind was is RD being Charltonised ?

We continue to bemoan his lack of expertise as far as football is concerned, stating that he's only interested in it as a business - presumably to make money. We continue to use the word "network" as though it's a swear word.

It will be on his agenda but he strikes me as the kind of bloke who wants to prove a point and has the money to try.

That point being that he can mirror his strategies that made him successful in one industry and make it work in football, an industry (not sure if thats the right word) where everyone and their dog will tell him you cant run a football club exactly the same way as you do a normal business.

I can see him wanting his model to be a revolutionary template for others to follow and draw kudos from that and being different, a trailblazer if you like.
  • Sky now saying it it Luzon and now 1/5 on:(

• It will be on his agenda but he strikes me as the kind of bloke who wants to prove a point and has the money to try.

That point being that he can mirror his strategies that made him successful in one industry and make it work in football, an industry (not sure if thats the right word) where everyone and their dog will tell him you cant run a football club exactly the same way as you do a normal business.

I can see him wanting his model to be a revolutionary template for others to follow and draw kudos from that and being different, a trailblazer if you like.

Precisely
  • Sky now saying it it Luzon and now 1/5 on:(

Not saying they are wrong but they always seem to pick up the rumours and portray them as news.

Apparently Sky's bi line "Always first with the news!" in the industry is added to with "Always first with a retraction." Didn't they have Coloccini as favourite for the Newcastle job.
  • Personally i think one of three things are currently happening:

1. Luzon is lined up, has been for last couple of weeks (justifying the rumours), and any delay is due to either presentation (unlikely), or its a move to another country and he has other personal / contractual things to tie up first (remember, Peeters despite being lined up was late joining due to holiday / tv committments)

2. Luzon was / is lined up, but someone has had a very forceful say with RD that this structural approach hasn't worked, is unlikely to work, and lets take a bit of time to see what else is out there / can be considered

3. Luzon was / is lined up, however we've Matthew and Roberts on the payroll, Matthew is well respected as a coach, keep to 'push on', squad like / respect him. Lets give him this week, see how the team perform / what soundbytes emerge, and we may possibly have a very cheap option that will see us through to the summer and who isn't going to be giving us huge contract / squad building demands. If not, fall back to Luzon.

2 is the least likely for me. The other options really would not surprise me.
  • Personally i think one of three things are currently happening:

1. Luzon is lined up, has been for last couple of weeks (justifying the rumours), and any delay is due to either presentation (unlikely), or its a move to another country and he has other personal / contractual things to tie up first (remember, Peeters despite being lined up was late joining due to holiday / tv committments)

2. Luzon was / is lined up, but someone has had a very forceful say with RD that this structural approach hasn't worked, is unlikely to work, and lets take a bit of time to see what else is out there / can be considered

3. Luzon was / is lined up, however we've Matthew and Roberts on the payroll, Matthew is well respected as a coach, keep to 'push on', squad like / respect him. Lets give him this week, see how the team perform / what soundbytes emerge, and we may possibly have a very cheap option that will see us through to the summer and who isn't going to be giving us huge contract / squad building demands. If not, fall back to Luzon.

2 is the least likely for me. The other options really would not surprise me.

Number 1 without doubt for me.
  • don't forget Luzon is already on the pay roll
  • don't forget Luzon is already on the pay roll

What's his job at the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

don't forget Luzon is already on the pay roll

who knows but he's employed in the network somewhere, maybe not doing much, but he's there

• If Luzon is recruited then any credibility that KM did have with fans is surely shot to pieces

Not if he was the man he wanted in the first place and Big Bob was just a stop gap like Riga. Would explain the one year contract.

The owner is certainly an enigma, and I'm not sure that I'm happy with him experimenting with us, But as those are the cards we've been dealt with, we're going to have to play with them -- certainly in the short term.

Bumby ride indeed.

• If Luzon is recruited then any credibility that KM did have with fans is surely shot to pieces

Drama queen ;-)
  • As Luzon is Israeli would he not require a work permit?

Ben Haim seemed to get one no worries.

Ben Haim seemed to get one no worries.
    He's been playing in England for 9 of the last 10 years though

If, and it is If, Luzon is appointed and we win the next few games and he gets us into the playoffs, he (and K.M.) will be hero's.
    Remember when our hero Chris Powell was first appointed and we went on a bad run. Supporters were chanting "you don't know what your doing". Its all about winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

who knows but he's employed in the network somewhere, maybe not doing much, but he's there

I saw it today on the french wikipedia, apparently he has been a sports consultant for Carl Zeiss Jena - so he never really left the network I guess

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1745/Standard/article/detail/2118541/2014/11/12/Luzon-a-deja-retrouve-du-travail.dhtml
  • sasquatch said:

Scoham said:

I saw it today on the french wikipedia, apparently he has been a sports consultant for Carl Zeiss Jena - so he never really left the network I guess

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1745/Standard/article/detail/2118541/2014/11/12/Luzon-a-deja-retrouve-du-travail.dhtml
    So really we'll get Luzon for the same reason we've got Tucudean and that St Trinians have got Polish Pete - because Roland is already paying him. That's a laughable way to choose a manager head coach.

As for the argument that Luzon was really the man RD wanted when he appointed Peeters, we already had that put forward in the summer when Peeters replaced Riga. If it's true of Luzon, why bother replacing Riga with Peeters?
    Timing
    As he'd just walked from liege and probably hadn't kissed n made up with Roland at that time
  • edited January 2015

sasquatch said:

Scoham said:

So really we'll get Luzon for the same reason we've got Tucudean and that St Trinians have got Polish Pete - because Roland is already paying him. That's a laughable way to choose a manager head coach.

As for the argument that Luzon was really the man RD wanted when he appointed Peeters, we already had that put forward in the summer when Peeters replaced Riga. If it's true of Luzon, why bother replacing Riga with Peeters?

Its pure Network logic though isn't it? and therefore not a surprise.

Luzon wasn't available I think when Peeters was in the frame.
  • There is no way that Riga was a stop gap so a stop gap could brought in to stop gap till RD could bring in Luzon. I don't subscribe to a lot that has been written today but this is just daft
  • As soon as you publicly state a player had a bad game, in the way Bob did, you're asking for trouble. To do it on more than one occasion is crazy.

To then expect all players to give you 100% is just as crazy. Players haven't become poor over night. If morale is low, you tend to not to go 'that extra mile'.

Hopefully GL can round up the troops, and kick start our season.