Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mondays Club Statement

Comments

• Despite recent rumours in the media we had not considered this option until after Saturday’s game
    That seems a bit odd to me. Maybe someone can explain. It could be a language thing but (forgive my naivety) to state that such a huge decision could go from being considered for the first time to being executed in such a short space of time seems strange to me. Welcome to RD's world I guess.

Thought that myself.......but then goes on about the fact about only winning once in 12 weeks? .....
    Seems at odds with the programme article as well.......
    I am sure the 'comms' team would have helped draft this up for KM.
    Not sure we have the complete picture here...... Was RD at the game?
  • There's no point in analysing every word to the nth degree.

In any case, if Luzon was appointed the very next day, it would be totally obvious, that it had all been planned weeks ago.

Someone in Israel knew it was happening before xmas, because I recall telling my mates on xmas eve.

So I expect Luzon to be coach, with Fraye as his assistant.

It might work, who knows ?

Why fanny about then? Both of these guys are already on the Staprix payroll. if they are coming in, why delay? There's a game on Saturday.
    Read it again. I said why :-)
  • edited January 2015
    Oggy Red said:

Just read Katrien's comments again:

“We feel this is the right decision for the club and I have asked Damian Matthew and Ben Roberts to take temporary charge. I have no doubts they will do an excellent job taking care of the side for the time being.

“We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term."

Katrien is the boss.

Roland doesn't even know Peeters has been sacked yet!

Bearing in mind this wouldn't have been the chief exec's call even when Varney, Waggott and Kavanagh were in the job, this is just presentational spin and actually counter-productive because it's so implausible. It would ALWAYS have been "the board" and always WE - even if the truth was decisions were sometimes made by the chairman/chairmen. Although I suppose to be fair just because it says she asked them doesn't mean she wasn't acting on instructions.
  • Despite recent rumours in the media we had not considered this option until after Saturday’s game
    That seems a bit odd to me. Maybe someone can explain. It could be a language thing but (forgive my naivety) to state that such a huge decision could go from being considered for the first time to being executed in such a short space of time seems strange to me. Welcome to RD's world I guess.
    Thought that myself.......but then goes on about the fact about only winning once in 12 weeks? .....
    Seems at odds with the programme article as well.......
    I am sure the 'comms' team would have helped draft this up for KM.

Not sure we have the complete picture here...... Was RD at the game?

Agree, I suspect that the lawyers checked it and don't forget KM is an intelligent woman who has worked in the UK in a profession where language and its nuances are critical. I suspect that KM was not aware of the impending decision and was as surprised as anyone at RD's decision after the match. Obviously the club cannot admit to this.
  • Uboat said:

“We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.
    It seems as vision for the next appointment is something bigger than when hiring Big Bob, obviously they are still learning about the league and how it runs but this certain parts makes me believe they are looking for a good pedigree with previous experience or potential.
    Or they're embarrassed about the quick turn over and trying to create the impression that it won't always be like this.

I wonder what wording she'll use in July.

The club have changed their tune drastically since the programmes notes of KM on Saturday.
  • Just trying to bullshit us again by trying to make us think a desent manager with championship experience is a possibility when in reality we all know deep down were going to get one of rd previous sacked sl managers
  • Just trying to bullshit us again by trying to make us think a desent manager with championship experience is a possibility when in reality we all know deep down were going to get one of rd previous sacked sl managers

Gotta look like we are doing things professionally
  • “We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.
    It seems as vision for the next appointment is something bigger than when hiring Big Bob, obviously they are still learning about the league and how it runs but this certain parts makes me believe they are looking for a good pedigree with previous experience or potential.

Only read as far as this post but the thought that came to mind was is RD being Charltonised ?

We continue to bemoan his lack of expertise as far as football is concerned, stating that he's only interested in it as a business - presumably to make money. We continue to use the word "network" as though it's a swear word.

But are there signs that RD MIGHT be starting to show signs of learning a few lessons in the art of football ownership?

The statement issued by Katrien today refers to a manager who "can plan & take charge for the long term". Isn't this a new & reassuring slant bearing in mind that Bob's contract was for just one year and Jose's had merely been until the end of last season ?

I'm wondering whether anyone can come up with any other examples of why there may well be more than a little light at the end of the tunnel AB referred to in his latest VOTV article ?

• edited January 2015
    masicat said:

From what I have been told she might even push for a female manager.

• Sponsored links:

• But are there signs that RD MIGHT be starting to show signs of learning a few lessons in the art of football ownership?

Maybe, just maybe ....... he might be learning that to compete in the Championship is not always best served by imposing a rigid Continental system?

Unlike other 'network' clubs where the European style might well be a good fit, the answer may be to take the best of the European methods and combine with the best of the British.

Although having said that, compromise can be an uncertain animal.

• I don't ask for much, I just want us to have a proper manager , with outstanding pedigree, who is going to propel us into the Premier league.
  • I really don't understand what they were expecting from Big Bob. His credentials and Cv were pretty shit. He was fairly new to management and he wasn't given much money?

I do remember Murray backing him to the hilt though, just like Roland told him to.
    Now there's a man that has no shame!
  • I really don't understand what they were expecting from Big Bob. His credentials and Cv were pretty shit. He was fairly new to management and he wasn't given much money?

I do remember Murray backing him to the hilt though, just like Roland told him to.
    Now there's a man that has no shame!

Make you 100% right with that post.
  • Unfortuneately KM said "Head Coach" not "Manager", so no change there but maybe, just maybe, the Belgians are learning about the Championship, after all RD must be an intelligent man as he is a very auccessful businessman, so there is hope.
  • Unfortuneately KM said "Head Coach" not "Manager", so no change there but maybe, just maybe, the Belgians are learning about the Championship, after all RD must be an intelligent man as he is a very auccessful businessman, so there is hope.

Whether it's a manager or whether it's a head coach the player probably are still call him boss or gaffer.
  • I don't ask for much, I just want us to have a proper manager , with outstanding pedigree, who is going to propel us into the Premier league.

And champions league
  • Peter o'rourke of sky sports sating dave jones is in the frame
  • Despite the comment regarding the long-term, I'd bet no contract would be issued for beyond the end of next season. with RD's firing record it's obvious why he keeps managers on relatively short-term deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

“We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.
    Or they're embarrassed about the quick turn over and trying to create the impression that it won't always be like this.

I wonder what wording she'll use in July.

Spot on
  • After reading her programme notes from saturday (which backfired spectacularly) and the basket case of a club we are now becoming (imo) I'm not sure what to believe now.

• If anyone reads cafcpicks ketts has made an interesting comment this morning. Seems like Bob will not be missed
  • edited January 2015

If anyone reads cafcpicks ketts has made an interesting comment this morning. Seems like Bob will not be missed

Jesus, doesn't seem he was liked at all
  • Got a link please?
  • There's no point in analysing every word to the nth degree.

In any case, if Luzon was appointed the very next day, it would be totally obvious, that it had all been planned weeks ago.

Someone in Israel knew it was happening before xmas, because I recall telling my mates on xmas eve.

So I expect Luzon to be coach, with Fraye as his assistant.

It might work, who knows ?

Someone in Israel posted a rumour. They can't have known for sure because if we'd won 2 or 3 games since xmas, Bob would still be in charge.
  • As someone said to me yesterday 'the dossier of complaints against BP was as high as the Shard'
  • Rothko said:

As someone said to me yesterday 'the dossier of complaints against BP was as high as the Shard'

Then who was his 'line manager' that allowed that situation to occur?........
    In any organization I have worked for, surely the higher management have some 'accountability'.
    I have no idea if what you say is correct. According to the statement this was only decided on Saturday?
  • Suspect as in most work places, that you can be unpopular with your staff and get away with it if your getting results, once that stops you're counting the days until your found out.