Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 10/01/15

18910111214»

Comments

• nice job Red .. fings can only get better
  • Wasn't a must win game in terns of points, but must go down as a huge blow to the teams confidence and tells a tale of opportunities not taken. The players aren't good enough. The results don't lie. Form is the truth i;m sad to say. This hurts every weekend and makes me feel pissed off all sunday too.
  • Oggy Red said:

Solly in CM, I actually have no words as to what Bob is doing? For those who say that was the only real option, far from it.

Interested to know what you would do instead, Atletico?

Well firstly I would like to know the quality of Muldoon from watching him week in week out on the training ground, and think about getting him on before we sub on Church, who we know isn't the answer.

Also Gomez is playing RB and Solly CM, can I ask what these guys are doing in training? I should imagine they are playing in their natural positions in training, AKA Solly training RB and Gomez CB/RB (guessing as Bob doesn't know where to use him). When you change a players position you completely change their job on the pitch, and they will be up against players they have not prepared to be up against.

I'd probably go Gomez CB and push Bikey to the centre of the park, he goes running with the ball throughout the match naturally anyway, and gets pushed upfront half the time anyway, why not try him in the middle ground (if Muldoon is not ready) rather than the two extremes of CB and uptop.

Or when you take off JJ for Gomez, make it a straight swap rather than completely changing Solly's job (crazy I know...)

But Bob gets to see these guys train daily, I'm not saying I know better but come on.. I don't think he's helping himself by playing every player in every position going
    But Bikey doesn't play naturally CM in training or whatever you're moaning about now
  • Cheers RM, match thread was worth following just because of your return, take it easy.
  • Many thanks, RM.

Hope the excitement wasn't too much for you.

• Thanks RM. Welcome back.
  • Redmidland for MOM?
  • Are we bottom of the form table yet?
  • nice job Red .. fings can only get better

we can only D:ream
  • Cheer up.

Bottom 3 Millwall lost at Blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Solly in CM, I actually have no words as to what Bob is doing? For those who say that was the only real option, far from it.

Interested to know what you would do instead, Atletico?

Well firstly I would like to know the quality of Muldoon from watching him week in week out on the training ground, and think about getting him on before we sub on Church, who we know isn't the answer.

Also Gomez is playing RB and Solly CM, can I ask what these guys are doing in training? I should imagine they are playing in their natural positions in training, AKA Solly training RB and Gomez CB/RB (guessing as Bob doesn't know where to use him). When you change a players position you completely change their job on the pitch, and they will be up against players they have not prepared to be up against.

I'd probably go Gomez CB and push Bikey to the centre of the park, he goes running with the ball throughout the match naturally anyway, and gets pushed upfront half the time anyway, why not try him in the middle ground (if Muldoon is not ready) rather than the two extremes of CB and uptop.

Or when you take off JJ for Gomez, make it a straight swap rather than completely changing Solly's job (crazy I know...)

But Bob gets to see these guys train daily, I'm not saying I know better but come on.. I don't think he's helping himself by playing every player in every position going
    A thoughtful reply, Atletico.

Muldoon has not yet made a 1st team appearance. No doubt Bob knows why.

All your other suggestions still add up to the same thing - players playing out of position.

What I was insinuating was Gomez coming for a straight swap is no confusion, just giving Gomez a job in centre park. Bikey often goes out of position anyway (and also Bob pushes him out of position late on if we are trailing), that is natural for him and would put Gomez in a natural position of CB.

It probably would have made no difference but Solly (despite being RB) is very important to that defence, I am not surprised in the slightest we conceded without him in it
  • Cheers RM. Not the result we wanted for you & CAFC on your return. Good work as ever though!
  • Thanks for the kind comments, it was good to be back...pity I couldn't change the result. I don't think I'm here next week as Dr's want me to take some breaks and get out of house, which makes sense. I will be back for the Wolves game however.
  • We need some of what CP is doing at Huddersfield. Level on points with us now.
  • I think we might be in the dog dirt

Did Watt not come on?
  • Bad result but great to have RM back! Thanks RM!
  • Ft stats-:
    possession.....44% - 56%
    shots on.......... 5 - 5
    shots off........ 15 - 7
    corners.......... 9 - 2

GOALS.......... 0 - 1
  • Absolute radio just got the scores wrong when they read them out and said we drew 0-0.
  • Absolute radio just got the scores wrong when they read them out and said we drew 0-0.

I'll take that.

They must be right.

• edited January 2015
    Just in. Been out of range, what did I miss?