Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 10/01/15

Comments

• throw taken.....we push them backwards.....and igor wins it via a throw.....wiggy now...cuz.....shoots.....wide
  • I'm wearing out my F5 button ....... but I don't why I'm doing it.

• ross1 said:

Can we do what Wigan did to us last season, 2 in last 2 minutes, What do you think?

NO
  • Don't think sacking Bob would help at all. I think a couple more players would be much more beneficial!!!
    Look at the football we were playing early in the season??????????

As with CP last year - I'm not calling for him to be sacked, I just think it is starting to look increasingly likely.
  • Don't think sacking Bob would help at all. I think a couple more players would be much more beneficial!!!

This
  • brighton gk...taken....tbh has it.....gomez...church....watt...church...solly...fouled not given....they clear
  • 7 mns left + stoppage
  • So frustrating that we are playing well but not taking our chances!

Heard it all before
  • Addick90 said:

Don't think sacking Bob would help at all. I think a couple more players would be much more beneficial!!!

This
    Still playing good football but just been unlucky in front of goal as well
  • Hudders 3-1
  • Sponsored links:

• So frustrating that we are playing well but not taking our chances!

When did that happen?
  • C'mon Charlton
  • 18 chances created, can't really remember when I saw that last.
  • Uboat said:

So frustrating that we are playing well but not taking our chances!

When did that happen?
    Clearly have not been much this season
  • Addick90 said:

Don't think sacking Bob would help at all. I think a couple more players would be much more beneficial!!!

This
    Unlucky?

As with CP last year - I'm not calling for him to be sacked, I just think it is starting to look increasingly likely.
    Unfortunately I think you could be right, going on Mr Duchatelets previous?
  • 18 chances created, can't really remember when I saw that last.

Against Cardiff, a fortnight ago.

;o)
  • !8 shots but only 5 on target
  • they have a throw...taken.....we win it...tbh....gomez....bikey....wiggy......igor.....tackled.....they clear.....etheridge has it.....tbh to church....cuz.....gudsun.....church chases....keeper takes.....tbh.....but they get it back....and attack.....addicks gk
  • edited January 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

So frustrating that we are playing well but not taking our chances!

When did that happen?
    Clearly have not been much this season
    11 times. Do you think we're playing well?
  • Addick90 said:

This
    Don't believe in luck. It evens out over the season as do the results. We've been coasting downhill and the rot shows no sign of stopping. Wendies are now 3 wins in a row, from a terrible position they are starting to turn things around. Our strikers need to step up to the plate because our defense / keepers will always give away a goal.
  • Oggy Red said:

18 chances created, can't really remember when I saw that last.

Against Cardiff, a fortnight ago.

;o)
    I obviously missed that somehow. I'm old ok :-)

• taken....igor heads it....they clear...tbh to wiggy.....gudsun.....crosses.....igor goes down....addicks throw.....bikey now upfront as well....we have 4 up top
  • Oggy Red said:

Solly in CM, I actually have no words as to what Bob is doing? For those who say that was the only real option, far from it.

Interested to know what you would do instead, Atletico?

Well firstly I would like to know the quality of Muldoon from watching him week in week out on the training ground, and think about getting him on before we sub on Church, who we know isn't the answer.

Also Gomez is playing RB and Solly CM, can I ask what these guys are doing in training? I should imagine they are playing in their natural positions in training, AKA Solly training RB and Gomez CB/RB (guessing as Bob doesn't know where to use him). When you change a players position you completely change their job on the pitch, and they will be up against players they have not prepared to be up against.

I'd probably go Gomez CB and push Bikey to the centre of the park, he goes running with the ball throughout the match naturally anyway, and gets pushed upfront half the time anyway, why not try him in the middle ground (if Muldoon is not ready) rather than the two extremes of CB and uptop.

Or when you take off JJ for Gomez, make it a straight swap rather than completely changing Solly's job (crazy I know...)

But Bob gets to see these guys train daily, I'm not saying I know better but come on.. I don't think he's helping himself by playing every player in every position going
  • Come on everyone it could be worse............................we could support Millwall!!!!
  • brighton....attack we are short of numbers at the back....shot goes wide....halford on...forster-caskey goes off
  • We just can't score.
  • Let's just hope Notlob and Reading don't score in the last few minutes.
  • At this rate we will be joining scum in division one next season