Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 10/01/15

Comments

• Bikey in cm would be a waste he has no range of pass
  • 2 mins + injury......gomez.....solly...church..wins a throw.....gomez takes....bikey....gomez...crosses....cleared....tbh...church..solly now cuz...wiggy....crosses....cleared...wiggy....tackled.....they clear......tbh concedes a throw
  • DeeBee said:

Solly in CM, I actually have no words as to what Bob is doing? For those who say that was the only real option, far from it.

What about when Powell did that in pre-season?
    Pre-season is the only time for testing moves like this. Probably a reason he kept his position at RB rather than adjust to CM.
  • Buckle up for a relegation scrap folks
  • throw taken......tbh wins it....4 mins added time......watt....chips it in...cleared.....gomez....crosses....keeper takes
  • Speaking of Millwall, still 1-0 down at Blackpool. Positives
  • Valley11 said:

Buckle up for a relegation scrap folks

I haven't UNbuckled since my first game.

• igor wins a throw.....taken.....cuz.....bikey....cuz......concedes a fk....fk taken....
  • Oggy Red said:

Solly in CM, I actually have no words as to what Bob is doing? For those who say that was the only real option, far from it.

Interested to know what you would do instead, Atletico?

Well firstly I would like to know the quality of Muldoon from watching him week in week out on the training ground, and think about getting him on before we sub on Church, who we know isn't the answer.

Also Gomez is playing RB and Solly CM, can I ask what these guys are doing in training? I should imagine they are playing in their natural positions in training, AKA Solly training RB and Gomez CB/RB (guessing as Bob doesn't know where to use him). When you change a players position you completely change their job on the pitch, and they will be up against players they have not prepared to be up against.

I'd probably go Gomez CB and push Bikey to the centre of the park, he goes running with the ball throughout the match naturally anyway, and gets pushed upfront half the time anyway, why not try him in the middle ground (if Muldoon is not ready) rather than the two extremes of CB and uptop.

Or when you take off JJ for Gomez, make it a straight swap rather than completely changing Solly's job (crazy I know...)

But Bob gets to see these guys train daily, I'm not saying I know better but come on.. I don't think he's helping himself by playing every player in every position going
    A thoughtful reply, Atletico.

Muldoon has not yet made a 1st team appearance. No doubt Bob knows why.

All your other suggestions still add up to the same thing - players playing out of position.

• wiggy chases the ball.....tbh sends it forward....bikey wins a corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on make it count!
  • Aw the joys of be ending a Charlton fan.But still Charlton till I die!!!
  • corner taken....bikey goes down...cuz....igor is offside
  • Good job RM. Hope your ticker is holding up. :-)
  • We was the better side in that game, there is no doubt about it
  • 14th and going downwards
  • Fuck that.
  • More of the same from Charlton. Worrying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well played Red. Great to have you back.
  • Thanks RM.
  • yeh well played RM. mom today
  • Another load of shite
  • Sick of this now. We are not playing poorly but can't score goals. The teams confidence is non-existant which is demoralising for the fans
  • We was the better side in that game, there is no doubt about it

Only 44% possession though
  • Thanks Red you had a blinder!!
    Onwards and upwards!!!
  • Thanks RM
  • ref sounded crap I have to say.......no wins since 8/11/14.......Watt sounded up for it......no pen given, hit the post, foul before their goal.....sorry I couldn't bring back any luck......good night all....I need a sleep
  • edited January 2015
    Dear oh dear...

At least good to have you back RM. Thanks