Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Brighton | Sat 10th Jan 2015 | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Brighton have won their last 2 away games in London 2-0 and i cant see things changing here. 2-0 to Brighton.

Hope not but things usually don't go well when they do those ticket promotions, that and the fact that Brighton have a new manager means it will probably end in tears....I'll go for a 2-2 draw though....also it will be our best crowd of the season so far....21-22,000.
    The rail problems may affect the crowd, a bad day to have major engineering work!
  • Have Brighton sold out?

They usually do at our place.
  • Brighton have won their last 2 away games in London 2-0 and i cant see things changing here. 2-0 to Brighton.

Hope not but things usually don't go well when they do those ticket promotions, that and the fact that Brighton have a new manager means it will probably end in tears....I'll go for a 2-2 draw though....also it will be our best crowd of the season so far....21-22,000.
    The rail problems may affect the crowd, a bad day to have major engineering work!
    Good point that but should beat the previous best V Millwall (19,000+).
  • edited January 2015
    Did I see we'd recalled Harry Lennon from his loan? I wonder of he might be in line to start at left back?

Such a hard starting line up to predict.

I think I'd be going with Etherington, and I think Bob will too, but suspect the Serbian lad will be in goals sooner rather than later unless Hendo is back soon

For me it would make sense to play Solly left back. It restricts him a bit but he is easily our most competent fit player in that position. Then you have to put either Wilson or Gomez at right back. Now might be the time for a few more experienced heads so maybe Wilson is the better candidate right now.

If we have a right footer at left back, we must have a left footer on the left of midfield, so one of JBG, Moussa or Bulot has to play there, with one of the remaining two on the right or maybe Wilson if Gomez is at fullback. Centre midfield picks itself with Buyens out.

Although I'm not convinced they will make a well balanced pair, Watt and Igor has to be the starting frontline.

As far as possible, I think we need to be getting back to basics and picking players in their natural positions and on their natural side (left back aside).
  • What has happened to Dale? He's been injured for ages
  • Ankle injury.
  • Central midfield looks threadbare, draw looks best bet, 1-1
  • Did I see we'd recalled Harry Lennon from his loan? I wonder of he might be in line to start at left back?

I think I'd be going with Etherington, and I think Bob will too, but suspect the Serbian lad will be in goals sooner rather than later unless Hendo is back soon

For me it would make sense to play Solly left back. It restricts him a bit but he is easily our most competent fit player in that position. Then you have to put either Wilson or Gomez at right back. Now might be the time for a few more experienced heads so maybe Wilson is the better candidate right now.

If we have a right footer at left back, we must have a left footer on the left of midfield, so one of JBG, Moussa or Bulot has to play there, with one of the remaining two on the right or maybe Wilson if Gomez is at fullback. Centre midfield picks itself with Buyens out.

Although I'm not convinced they will make a well balanced pair, Watt and Igor has to be the starting frontline.

As far as possible, I think we need to be getting back to basics and picking players in their natural positions and on their natural side (left back aside).

Moussa is still recovering from injury and Bulot is out in Africa in the African cup, give us another team please Exiled. It makes sense to start with Watt, as he has been training with us for the last 2 weeks, so for that reason I think he will be on the bench with Igor and George up front, with only KAG left as a forward seeing Pygott has gone to Southend
  • edited January 2015

What has happened to Dale? He's been injured for ages

Hasn't been able to cope with the rarefied air oop north.

• 3-1 to Brighton - they have better players than us and outplayed us earlier in the season. Only hope is that Igor can find his form.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

Central midfield looks threadbare

Yet they're selling our best one in Jackson.
  • Central midfield looks threadbare

Yet they're selling our best one in Jackson.
    To be fair Jacko hasn't exactly been on fire himself this year.

I think Etheridge will be in goal.

Gomez
    Ben Haim
    Bikey
    Solly

Wilson
    JBG
    Jackson
    Cousins

Igor
    George

Not many more options.
  • Can see bob going 433 on this one

Etheridge

Solly
    TBH
    Bikey
    Fox

Wilson
    Cousins
    Jackson

JBG
    Igor
    Tucudean

With watt coming off the bench to score the winner!
  • edited January 2015
    ross1 said:

Did I see we'd recalled Harry Lennon from his loan? I wonder of he might be in line to start at left back?

Moussa is still recovering from injury and Bulot is out in Africa in the African cup, give us another team please Exiled. It makes sense to start with Watt, as he has been training with us for the last 2 weeks, so for that reason I think he will be on the bench with Igor and George up front, with only KAG left as a forward seeing Pygott has gone to Southend
    Well, I didn't realise I was actually responsible for picking the team, but if those two definitely aren't available then I'd go with:

Etherington

Gomez TBH Bikey Solly

Wilson Cousins Jacko JBG

Igor Watt

• It will be good to see JBG on the left - he might even get the chance to cross the ball. I am wondering who BP will play out of position this time.

Is Oguchi fit to play?

We are down to the bare bones, backs against the wall etc. etc. - which is usually when we come good so 3-1 to Charlton. Mr Solly is due a goal at the Valley as well.
  • Plain sailing for the seasiders I fear, 0-2
  • I think it will really depend on what team will be put out but I have a bad feeling Solly will be in midfield which is disappointing if correct. Really need a result here but one new face in Watt will not be enough. Brighton are finally moving upwards and will be too strong for us. 2-0 to Brighton.
  • Just about to set off but fearing the worst (although at least the match will be on unlike games this time last year!).

Massively depends on how Watt and Igor work together for me. Get of the mark and work well together from the start and we start to rebuild our confidence get a few more points on the board and become a bit more of an attractive prospect for loans & signings. Another poor performance and a defeat and I can see this perhaps being the end of the road for Bob.

Sitting firmly on the fence with yet another draw but an entertaining one at 2-2.
  • I'll be gutted if Solly March scores against us today considering I had a chance to put a hammer to his knees the other night at the pub
  • Sponsored links:

• SMW28 said:

I'll be gutted if Solly March scores against us today considering I had a chance to put a hammer to his knees the other night at the pub

Do tell...
  • Feeling confident. 2-1 to us
  • kimbo said:

Feeling confident. 2-1 to us

me to.
  • Just out of hospital after a very delicate operation so hoping for a win to cheer me up. 2-1 Charlton.
  • very windy down the Valley this morning
  • very windy down the Valley this morning

And very wet.
  • My prediction today....is that many people will arrive late, due to the train problems
  • I hope thatwith a couple of players having arrived it'll give the sqaud a boost whilst also letting existing players prove they are worthy of their place in the sqaud and the new boys wanting to hit the ground running.

quietly optimistic 2-0 charlton

I thought that was your score prediction!

i was going to say i dont think we have 21 goals in us ☺
  • In the vicinity early as wasn't sure how the trains would be. I'm with the 2-1 brigade. Igor - and JJ with the winner. COYR!